PDA

View Full Version : vernon rod & gun club

gibblewabble
01-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Anyone know what is going on with the Vernon rod & gun club, I noticed that they had an application posted on Noble Canyon road this season. The website hasn't been updated and I am wondering what is going on.

boxhitch
01-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Members can get on an e-mail list to receive updates and notices.

wrenchhead
01-12-2010, 11:35 PM
the city kicked us out of the old club grounds up by predator ridge last year. so now the club has accuired a wood lot up noble canyon and are jumping through a bunch of hoops to get permits for a range. last i heard some logging has started and there are hopes of being able to start shooting in the summer some time.
members can now use armstrongs and lumbys ranges while we wait.

gibblewabble
01-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks, I will have to join. I have worked out of town for 4 years but now its time to join in and have some fun. On a side note are they going to have a good area for 3-D shooting, it was fun to shoot up by the reservoir.

Fisher-Dude
01-13-2010, 07:09 AM
Vernon's a good club, very active and involved with the BCWF. Join up and help out - if you want a 3D range, make it happen. Don't wait for others to set it up for you. Clubs are always looking for volunteers to help on projects such as you suggest.

boxhitch
01-13-2010, 07:03 PM
The VF&GC still has the use of the pistol range for 2010.
As that is where the 3D was held, chances are it could go again this spring ?? Will check

gibblewabble
04-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Anyone have an update for the club? I was going to start going to meetings but the night I looked it up was the night of the meeting so I missed it. The next general meeting is in two months and I was hoping to get more details before then and an executive in two weeks. Whats up with our range? Now that I am in town I would like to get involved, so are any members on here in the know?

Jason