PDA

View Full Version : Alexis Creek

ewiebehunter
01-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Any info on hunting this area ? I was looking at property there and was wondering about the game in this part of B.C? Thanks to thouse who say there peace.

Drillbit
01-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Gang ranch area is great for big bucks, but private. Depends where you're looking at. Also lots of reserve hunting pressure there. I would say it would be great if you found some spots where the average guy doesn't bother.

srupp
01-11-2010, 01:56 AM
hmmmm would NEVER recomend anyone buy property there...too many issues with locals..in most cases PLUMB LOCALS..not willing to elaborate on open forum..

cheers

sr

hunter1947
01-11-2010, 06:46 AM
There is lots of game in that area ,I trap with an old trapper cowboy that lived there for 66 years he is 77 years young right now he has told me many of stories of this place and the game in the area.
He went back there last year and shot a bull LEH moose and a nice mule deer buck ,he had his ranch about 100 miles north of Alexis Creek..

Piperdown
01-11-2010, 07:23 AM
We looked at property there before we bought ours elsewhere, why, FN's have a bad reputation in that neck of the woods!

humble hunter
01-11-2010, 08:09 AM
the negative native stereotype is alive and well in Alexis Creek. It is sad!

capt.T
01-11-2010, 08:20 AM
good for leh moose, and good odds to get drawn. mule deer by the fraser

srupp
01-11-2010, 08:29 AM
"good hunting" if it truly is good there, is not a reason to buy property there,I can think of 10 places better than AC for hunting any hunting..

hmmmmmm humble hunter..I have 30 plus years experience in this area..and I know of what I speak in this situation..and am merely giving some sage counsel...

There are "issues" that one must deal with regarding ownership of any land or property in the area...enuff said..

cheers
Sr:mrgreen:

Elkhound
01-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Hunted there for 4 years. I agree with Srupp. Getting our camp trashed was a huge hiccup for us while hunting.

ewiebehunter
01-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Sounds like the locals dont like outsiders or is it more the first nations not wanting others in there area ? Thanks for the the read.

Timberj
01-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Was stationed there back mid 80s and absolutely loved the area. Great moose country to be had and the fishing was hard to beat. Got along good with the locals but then didn't have property out of town.to worry about and as has been mentioned here, there is an issue with theft in the area. Comes with the territory though I guess. If I still was in BC, I would not let the local situation stop me from purchasing recreational property....

Jagermeister
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
the negative native stereotype is alive and well in Alexis Creek. It is sad!You probably haven't spent too much time there, I agree with the following quote of srupp's

hmmmm would NEVER recomend anyone buy property there...too many issues with locals..in most cases PLUMB LOCALS..not willing to elaborate on open forum..

cheers

sr

There is lots of game in that area ,I trap with an old trapper cowboy that lived there for 66 years he is 77 years young right now he has told me many of stories of this place and the game in the area.
He went back there last year and shot a bull LEH moose and a nice mule deer buck ,he had his ranch about 100 miles north of Alexis Creek..A 100 miles as the crow flies, puts you north of Batnuni Lake, 60 miles by back trail will get you into the Nazko country.

Fraink
01-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Went on a LEH moose hunt there about 8yrs ago, a few cow moose....no bulls, a lot of mule deer. s'posed to be excellent muley hunting all along the fraser.

Jagermeister
01-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Sounds like the locals dont like outsiders or is it more the first nations not wanting others in there area ? Thanks for the the read.
Right on both counts!
These are the Chicotins, a fierce tribe with lots of grievances and palefaces are barely tolerated.
If a vehicle is stolen in 100 Milehouse, Prince George or any point in-between, the odds on would be that it is found in Alexis Creek and it will be burnt. And this is not stereotyping, it is factual.

MacMtnHunter
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Pretty good deer hunting around there and not bad moose if you go a little ways. I've hunted deer around there before, lots of deer every time you go out and I have seen some decent ones taken around there too.

There are also some caribou and some good goat hunting if you head towards the mountains.

FlyingHigh
01-11-2010, 03:25 PM

it's pretty much the same reason they don't like snow on their yard. it's white and it's on "their" land.

oh...that was borderline. *ducks and covers* :twisted:

Jelvis
01-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Mu 5-13 Chilcotin east...the country north and northeast of Alexis Creek is interlaced with logging roads which basically ruined this country for hunting the way it was, it used to be the best mule deer country in the Chilcotin and now with all the roads everywhere it's so so hunting now. There are still mule deer and the country looks wonderful to hunt.
The roads made everywhere for logging is the reason some people are disappointed with the diminished deer and moose which at one time were plentiful.
Jello-Shot$

leadpillproductions
01-11-2010, 06:58 PM
it's pretty much the same reason they don't like snow on their yard. it's white and it's on "their" land.

oh...that was borderline. *ducks and covers* :twisted:

this one is the best one ive heard

Elkhound
01-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Just banned a member permenantly for racist comments....keep it clean guys.

ryanb
01-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I got in a yelling match with one of the locals near there for stopping along the road to take a pee. Apparently pissing in the ditch beside the road was another race crime commited by the white man against those that rightfully own all of Canada.

Jelvis
01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
ryanb I guess when he or she saw you fumbling with the tweezers and the magnifying glass you had, she got suspicious lol.
jel-lol got yah lol. Was it a woman or man? lol.

Big Lew
01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
During the 60's, 70's, and early 80's I spent a part of each fall behind Gang Ranch, Mons Lake, Fletcher Lake, and all parts west of the Fraser and south of the chilcoten as well as areas north of Lee's Corner. I never had any problems with the indigous inhabitants, but would never leave my truck or equipment unguarded for even 5 minutes anywhere along the Bella Coola highway. I witnessed vehicles being stripped in the middle of the day several times. The young lads would take everything, even using tools to dismember the vehicles. They were clever enough not to have licence plates on their own trucks, and there were far too many for me to accost. They were so cheeky, they would smile and wave as you drove by. The local RCMP were powerless to do anything because the local people would have them running around in circles.
During those years, hunting for mule deer, grouse, ducks, and geese was great, they were plentiful. One of the largest concentrations of sharp-tailed grouse I've ever seen was along the south slopes of the chilcoten in 5-3, (now closed) and around Mons Lake. There is still reasonable deer hunting on the slopes between Fletcher Lake and the Chilcoten river, but there's a lot of hunting pressure there as well.

EvanG
01-11-2010, 10:25 PM
I wouldnt leave my truck parked anywhere near alexis. I have to work on reserve land from time to time and let me tell you they are fu**ed, specificly the anahim res, The elders seem pretty good its just the 12-25 yr old f**K ups that stir all the shit. Not worth having your stuff ripped off all the time if you ask me, its a shame.

leadpillproductions
01-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I wouldnt leave my truck parked anywhere near alexis. I have to work on reserve land from time to time and let me tell you they are fu**ed, specificly the anahim res, The elders seem pretty good its just the 12-25 yr old f**K ups that stir all the shit. Not worth having your stuff ripped off all the time if you ask me, its a shame.

dont they have gangs now the 612 or 619 something like that beating up some old people and crap like that

buckshot
01-11-2010, 10:57 PM
In 1999 a buddy and I both drew bull tags for 5-13A mid-September. On the way, we stoped in Williams Lake to fill-up and by some refreshments. We met Ray, a proud Chilcotin from Alexis Creek while at the store. He inquired about what game we were after and where we would be camping on this trip. I told him we would be staying at Loomis lake. "Not too much game there. You should go to Palmer lake", he says. He went on to say that he spent the summer camping by Palmer lake and that he saw two bull moose there almost every day during his stay.
After seven days of nothing to show for, (a cow and calf was all we had seen to that point) we drove the twenty or so kms to Palmer Lake to check it out. Must admit that I had my doubts about this tip from a stranger I met in the liquor store. What the hell, what do we have to lose?
At eight o'clock that morning my buddy shot his first and only moose one mile past Palmer Lake. We got it cleaned and loaded, started back towards camp when...you guessed it. I shot my bull moose not three kms from where Mike had just taken his. I have never been back hunting in Alexis Creek. I have fond memories of the country. An almost magical place. The wild horses, the wranglers. We even saw a wolverine crossing the road. Every time we stop for supplies as we are nearing destination on a hunting trip; nowadays it's almost always on the Alaska highway; I hope I will run into Ray.

01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I love the area around Alexis Creek. When I lived in WL, I did most of my muley hunting west of the Frasier. Awesome country with some massive black bears as well. As for the Natives....lot's of issues, but I wouldn't let that stop you.

hunter1947
01-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Any hunting party hunting anywhere in BC could have a problem with steeling from there hunting camps.

I had it happen to me here on Vancouver Island our hunting camp was totally destroyed ,it all boils down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I now a few hunters that have hunted around Alexis Creek for years and never had any problems to this day..

Big Lew
01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
To expand on my earlier post on this subject, during all the years starting in 1965, up to 2 years ago, I never had any of my camps bothered, or articles stolen. This would cover most of interior, western kootenays, and cariboo, including areas north of Alexis Creek, Riske Creek, and huge areas along the south side of the chilcoten river. For many years, the local native cowboys would come for a visit if they saw my smoke at a campsite I used every september/october, including, in later years, when I brought my wife and very young children. They would always have a small gift for the kids, some great memories, for sure. As I mentioned before though, anyone leaving a vehicle unattended along the Bella Coola highway from the Fraser to west of Redstone would likely find just a skeleton left. Without exception, every one I personally saw stripping vehicles were young males about 15 to 20 years old, and not likely the people you would normally see very far from the highway, or their communities.

Jelvis
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Mu 5-14 Riske Creek from hwy 20, west of Riske Creek via Riske Creek road system. Fair mule deer hunting, some moose. Or drive in from the Meldrum Creek road from Hwy 20.

Mu 5-4 is also close to the center of mu 5-13 and 5-14 and 5-4 connect close to Alexis Creek which is unique.
Just east of Redstone, in mu 5-13 a road running northwest which connects with the Chilanko Forks road into good hunting country also.
Jel -- Alexis had some creeks to hunt around Alexis Creek lol.
the centre of the wheel..of 5-4, 5-5, 5-12, 5-13, 5-14.

CanuckShooter
01-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Mu 5-14 Riske Creek from hwy 20, west of Riske Creek via Riske Creek road system. Fair mule deer hunting, some moose. Or drive in from the Meldrum Creek road from Hwy 20.

Mu 5-4 is also close to the center of mu 5-13 and 5-14 and 5-4 connect close to Alexis Creek which is unique.
Just east of Redstone, in mu 5-13 a road running northwest which connects with the Chilanko Forks road into good hunting country also.
Jel -- Alexis had some creeks to hunt around Alexis Creek lol.
the centre of the wheel..of 5-4, 5-5, 5-12, 5-13, 5-14.

South of Lees Corner {hanceville}..Big Lake>big rainbow+10lbs...friendly natives....Chilko Lake...dollies galore....Fish Lake millions of panfries...Shawnigan Lake...rainbow arnd 5lbs...Taseko Lakes>>big mulie crossing zone...

Devilbear
01-13-2010, 11:28 AM
For most of my working and recreational life in BC bush, Alberta, the NWT and a short trip into the Yukon, I NEVER took a gun with me, except in certain circumstances and when hunting. Then, people started telling me of troubles they had in certain areas with certain persons and even a CO warned us NOT to leave a camp in a fairly remote part of the South Chilcotin, quote, "or the Indians will wreck and steal it"........

MY camp is MY HOME and so is my truck; IF, ANYONE attempts to burn, wreck, damage or steal either of these or both, I will NOT hesitate to use force as outlined under Sections 34-37 of the "Criminal Code of Canada"....and I am ALWAYS armed and with LOTS of ammo.

Go where you want, constantly report harassment, problems and crimes and "BE PREPARED" to "repell boarders"!

CanuckShooter
01-13-2010, 12:48 PM
And you would end up in jail....your victims would sue....take it from this loiyer!! Your better to turn tail and run.

Gateholio
01-13-2010, 12:54 PM
And you would end up in jail....your victims would sue....take it from this loiyer!! Your better to turn tail and run.

It's perfectly legal to use force to defend yourself.

KB90
01-13-2010, 12:57 PM
The word reasonable comes to mind ;)

CanuckShooter
01-13-2010, 01:09 PM
It's perfectly legal to use force to defend yourself.

>>>>MY camp is MY HOME and so is my truck; IF, ANYONE attempts to burn, wreck, damage or steal either of these or both, I will NOT hesitate to use force as outlined under Sections 34-37 of the "Criminal Code of Canada"....and I am ALWAYS armed and with LOTS of ammo.<<<<

I don't get self defense out of this post???

Gateholio
01-13-2010, 01:22 PM
>>>>MY camp is MY HOME and so is my truck; IF, ANYONE attempts to burn, wreck, damage or steal either of these or both, I will NOT hesitate to use force as outlined under Sections 34-37 of the "Criminal Code of Canada"....and I am ALWAYS armed and with LOTS of ammo.<<<<

I don't get self defense out of this post???

Read Section 34-37 of the Criminal code, which DB makes reference to. Sec 34-37 are about self defense, preventing assault, etc.

Jelvis
01-13-2010, 01:38 PM
That could be the reason that property, theft, vehicle insurance is so expensive too, on a nice truck. If it gets stolen or wrecked it is replaced so you don't have to get hurt trying to stay awake all night fending off all the criminals drooling over your ride any where in the province, it is'nt worth getting hurt over, or getting a court date for an indictable offense like, assualt with a weapon or attempted murder. What would your average judge say, if you went overboard and lost it, over an object like a vehicle? He or she would probably say, you should have used your discretion and collect the insurance, instead of playing sherrif.
It's just tons of metal and plastic and rubber. You got insurance relax, and try to take some of that edge off, lol. That's why there is theft insurance some people steal. lol .
Jel...I think east van would be just as bad or worse if you left your truck unattended for a long week end. Not everyone is equal in good manners.

Devilbear
01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
NO, this is yet another of the same old "poor mistreated' etc. posts. We WERE TOLD in EXACTLY the words I quoted in 2007, to not leave a camp by the local CO. Sorry, but, that is the plain TRUTH, like it or not.

I rather suspect that my spouse, who works with members of the "BC Bar" EVERY DAY and has for almost 20 years, as well as supervising many of these "legal beagles" and I, who has employed the relevant sections in my former employment many times, might well know the law and our rights thereunder far more accurately than a pulp mill worker with delusions concerning his level of "education" would.

Every Canadian is ENTITLED to use as much force as is necessary to protect himself, others and property from the depredations of thugs such as those described here. So, if several young "warriors" attempt to strip our vehicle, they will be dealt with according to the laws of The Dominion of Canada and, who would really object to a man in his 60s, going "tactical" to protect his wife, pets and camp/vehicle from cowards who attack innocent citizens???? Not many people I know!

bad arrow
01-13-2010, 01:45 PM
That would include defending oneself on a hunting forum I presume :)

CanuckShooter
01-13-2010, 02:17 PM
NO, this is yet another of the same old "poor mistreated' etc. posts. We WERE TOLD in EXACTLY the words I quoted in 2007, to not leave a camp by the local CO. Sorry, but, that is the plain TRUTH, like it or not.

I rather suspect that my spouse, who works with members of the "BC Bar" EVERY DAY and has for almost 20 years, as well as supervising many of these "legal beagles" and I, who has employed the relevant sections in my former employment many times, might well know the law and our rights thereunder far more accurately than a pulp mill worker with delusions concerning his level of "education" would.

Every Canadian is ENTITLED to use as much force as is necessary to protect himself, others and property from the depredations of thugs such as those described here. So, if several young "warriors" attempt to strip our vehicle, they will be dealt with according to the laws of The Dominion of Canada and, who would really object to a man in his 60s, going "tactical" to protect his wife, pets and camp/vehicle from cowards who attack innocent citizens???? Not many people I know!

So you resort to tossing insults at me again....keep it up and you might get a warning for insulting me and hurting my feelings.:mrgreen:

As a man in your 60s you should be aware that at times youth will listen to your tirades and perhaps sometime in the future 'go tactical' to save a vehicle or other piece of property from being vandalized, based on your interpretation of the law. My intent was nothing more than to throw a caution out about your post about using deadly force when your life is not being threatened. Do it and you could spend the rest of your life behind bars....please govern yourself accordingly.

hunter1947
01-13-2010, 03:10 PM
If some idiot was going to hurt me real bad or even kill me do you thibk I would let him or her do this to me ,not in your life I would do what I had to at the time in order to defend myself..

Devilbear
01-13-2010, 03:46 PM
CS, sorry, I honestly am not interested in hurting you, your feelings, or anyone else. BUT, you ALWAYS play the same old game and I merely called you on it with a brief commentary on what actual legal experience I would be using to govern my actions...and, BTW, I HAVE BEEN THERE, could have legally shot aboriginals threatening me and DID NOT as I am a VERY gentle person....but, pal, NOBODY scares me and NOBODY will attack me and injure my wife, pets, home, camp, vehicles and whatever without my fighting back, end of freakin' story.

Now, you sly varmint, I DID NOT post ANYTHING about using "deadly force" as you strongly insinuate I would. I have NO desire to shoot another human and never have had AND I HAVE BEEN shot at, deliberately. The whacko missed, to your chagrin, no doubt.

So, are you going to tell me that if YOUR wife and YOU were encamped and some drunken "white trash mutherf**ker" or several were harassing and threatening YOU folks, you would just give up?????? Yeah, right, you would grab your daughter's pink rifle and decerebrate such scumbags forthwith and you damm well know you would!

Sassy young bugger, not even 60 yet! :) :) :)

Jagermeister
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
I see a lock on this thread soon!

01-13-2010, 04:16 PM
That would include defending oneself on a hunting forum I presume :)

Don't bet on it. Either some wuss will report your post or the powers that be will slap you on the wrist because they can't judge for themselves whats going on.

01-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I see a lock on this thread soon!

The thread is an interesting one so your probably right.

Kody94
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Right on both counts!
These are the Chicotins, a fierce tribe with lots of grievances and palefaces are barely tolerated.
If a vehicle is stolen in 100 Milehouse, Prince George or any point in-between, the odds on would be that it is found in Alexis Creek and it will be burnt. And this is not stereotyping, it is factual.

I have heard this from a few folks. I have talked to three people this week that have personally witnessed vehicles that had been left at the side of the road near Alexis Creek being dismantled and set on fire.

Seems like society has been forced to become "cowardly". Why the hell do we put up with it, no matter who is responsible for doing it?

In the old days whoever is robbing/vandalizing and burning those vehicles would have been given an education. If its as common as I am hearing it is it would be pretty easy to leave a vehicle on the side of the road, wait around the corner and then catch them in the act. Why haven't the RCMP dealt with it?

ps: IBTL!!

01-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I have heard this from a few folks. I have talked to three people this week that have personally witnessed vehicles that had been left at the side of the road near Alexis Creek being dismantled and set on fire.

Seems like society has been forced to become "cowardly". Why the hell do we put up with it, no matter who is responsible for doing it?

In the old days whoever is robbing/vandalizing and burning those vehicles would have been given an education. If its as common as I am hearing it is it would be pretty easy to leave a vehicle on the side of the road, wait around the corner and then catch them in the act. Why haven't the RCMP dealt with it?

ps: IBTL!!

Because some people just have to scream racism, and they get left alone.

EvanG
01-13-2010, 06:31 PM
dont they have gangs now the 612 or 619 something like that beating up some old people and crap like that

yeah i think its 712 or sumthin you see it spray painted all over peoples shit here in town. You see them walking around and they are a friggin joke, im just here temp so i dont worry about it too much but to tell you the truth i dont know why people dont run them the hell out of here wouldnt be that hard.

Jelvis
01-13-2010, 06:39 PM
If your dumb enuff to think everyone is totally as honest as you, and you leave your vehicle running when you run into a gas station, or store cuz it's so cold out and without locking it, whose the STUPID ONE? lol.
..What color is the sky where you live? lol.
Jel -- Why do you have locks on everything you own?
If there was no crime you would'nt need cops, jails courts or locks.

Devilbear
01-13-2010, 07:01 PM
If, there were no bloody government interference in my traditional, cultural birthright to carry any personal weapons I choose, anywhere I wish to and all other native-born Canadians of the founding stock also were so treated.....I can guarantee you that shit like this WOULD NOT happen.

There is nothing quite like a burst from a "hose gun" to "eddicate" them there little basturds..........

CanuckShooter
01-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Because some people just have to scream racism, and they get left alone.

Now this comment is about as far from the truth as you could ever get. If this was the case Canadas' penal institutions wouldn't be full of racist screamers would it?

Hank Hunter
01-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Everyone knows who the real racist hiding behind his keyboard is on these posts

01-14-2010, 10:57 AM
If, there were no bloody government interference in my traditional, cultural birthright to carry any personal weapons I choose, anywhere I wish to and all other native-born Canadians of the founding stock also were so treated.....I can guarantee you that shit like this WOULD NOT happen.

There is nothing quite like a burst from a "hose gun" to "eddicate" them there little basturds..........

I do agree with many of your posts, but not this one. I lived in the USA for several years, in a state that allows concealed carry for handguns. The crime was horrible. More murders per year in the state than in all of Canada.

shadow1982
01-14-2010, 11:27 AM
That could be the reason that property, theft, vehicle insurance is so expensive too, on a nice truck. If it gets stolen or wrecked it is replaced so you don't have to get hurt trying to stay awake all night fending off all the criminals drooling over your ride any where in the province, it is'nt worth getting hurt over, or getting a court date for an indictable offense like, assualt with a weapon or attempted murder. What would your average judge say, if you went overboard and lost it, over an object like a vehicle? He or she would probably say, you should have used your discretion and collect the insurance, instead of playing sherrif.
It's just tons of metal and plastic and rubber. You got insurance relax, and try to take some of that edge off, lol. That's why there is theft insurance some people steal. lol .
Jel...I think east van would be just as bad or worse if you left your truck unattended for a long week end. Not everyone is equal in good manners.

So what you are telling me is, If i come to your house and steal your TV, Computer, Microwave, Cloths you will not try to defend your property/ yourself

Gateholio
01-14-2010, 12:40 PM
I do agree with many of your posts, but not this one. I lived in the USA for several years, in a state that allows concealed carry for handguns. The crime was horrible. More murders per year in the state than in all of Canada.

Probably a good idea to carry a gun, in places like that.:wink:

That said, it seems that ther eis little more to learn about Alexis Creek on this thread, so it's getting locked.