PDA

View Full Version : Last minute geese

longshot
01-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Well today was gonna be a day of rest... but resting would be just too boring! :mrgreen: So at 6 this morning we quickly threw some gear in the truck (went lite today, only 7 deeks), had coffee, and raced off to some goosin' turf. We were just hoping to get atleast 1 or 2 today as we haven't had a chance or even seen a goose for a long time now... and today was last day!!! :cry:

We got to the field about 7:15, so I quickly chucked out the deeks, dad made a super fast blind, and we were ready with practically 0 minutes to legal time!

Day started off quiet with all the fog we had, then we finally saw some geese around 8:15 but really really high and not interested at all. Then around 8:30 a group of 3 come low into the field and were looking for a place to land. So we called them right into the 15-20 yard pocket. Dad dropped one goose and I made a double on the other 2. YAY!!! First time dad has "decoy shot" geese since October!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: We were both VERY excited!

For the rest of the day, all the geese were high flyers. While dad and I were chatting and joking around in the blind, a random hen mallard pops out of nowhere and was making a "kamikaze approach" (when they almost close thier wings to drop altitude) straight out of the sky into the goose deeks. And before I could say DUCK!... Longshot sr. made a SUPER FAST shot and we had raining feathers! :twisted:

So thats our day! 3 geese (so thankful and happy we got a last day crack at em' geese :mrgreen:) and a hen mallard. Cant wait till Feb goose season! :twisted::twisted: Atleast we still have ducks to shoot for another week

Longshot jr.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/DSCN0066.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=17575&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent)

Theo722
01-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Good weekend for you guys.
Nice.

martyonthewater
01-10-2010, 09:35 PM
way to close out the season guys, looks like fine eating for at least 4 more dinners lol

longshot
01-10-2010, 09:55 PM
way to close out the season guys,

Just for geese that is, We still have one more weekend and maybe the last friday for them ducks.

jr.

rbduck
01-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Congrats. Sure would be nice to still be hunting waterfowl but our season closed the end of November(something to do with -30 weather) Gonna have to wait till April now for Snows.

Ron:mrgreen: