PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - 3kills has asked me to ask?

newhunterette
01-10-2010, 05:47 PM
3kills is away in Chetwynd withs his dad and his uncle, they are hunting Elk

He has been gone 3 days and has seen everything but Elk

he has asked me if I could post a thread and get some insider information about Elk in the area, do they exist.

He doesnt want your honey holes, just some information of area - I told him i will text message any helpful information given to lead them into the right direction

you can pm me and I will relay it to 3kills (Darcy) that would be awesome

thanks for helping him as I know how HBC'rs can come through :) with the best knowledge to share

Ali

THE SWEDE
01-10-2010, 05:50 PM
A little leg work before his trip may have helped..

Fisher-Dude
01-10-2010, 05:52 PM

I don't think 3kills should be legging anything out. :-D

NHT is just fishin' for her own hotspots...I can spot a scam like this a mile away.

doubled
01-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Ali, I am not familiar with the area otherwise I would point him in the right direction. Best bet is to talk to the locals there. You will not be able to beat local knowledge.

newhunterette
01-10-2010, 06:16 PM

it was a trip his dad and Uncle were planning and he decided to join them to be an extra set of eyes and build memories of hunting with Dad and his uncle - sheesh

I don't think 3kills should be legging anything out. :-D

NHT is just fishin' for her own hotspots...I can spot a scam like this a mile away.

I don't have to fish for any hot spots and I don't have to scam people grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am trying to help a friend

geeze louise people grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :wink::-D

newhunterette
01-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Ali, I am not familiar with the area otherwise I would point him in the right direction. Best bet is to talk to the locals there. You will not be able to beat local knowledge.

thanks bunches for being positive :) I know he has talked to some locals but he messaged me and thought why not try getting some pointers from HBC so he asked me to post the thread - I know you would help if you could so appreciated muchly

doubled
01-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Remember that these guys have not been hunting for weeks now and are getting grumpy Ali, can you blame them????

Elkhound
01-10-2010, 06:49 PM
wish I could help Darcy out.....I have no idea.

newhunterette
01-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Remember that these guys have not been hunting for weeks now and are getting grumpy Ali, can you blame them????

well what I would like to say to them will get me an infraction and not be too ladylike lol so I guess I have to just nod and walk away lol heheheheheheh

wish I could help Darcy out.....I have no idea.

he just texted me - they have done thier leg work - they have property to go on but he was hoping to have a little more just in case

no worries Dave - he was just hoping someone would have a little info willing to share

I do know he is ognna have some great photos when he gets back home :) regardless

Drillbit
01-10-2010, 07:03 PM
The whole trick is right place at the righ time. The Del Rio is good in the fall (head out of Chetwynd towards Hudson Hope, turn right behing the old mill and head out towards Dawson Creek) but I don't know about now. Just drove through Chetwynd and saw Elk along the highway by Hudson Hope. I would recommend to see some elk in the feilds, and ask permission.
Good Luck

newhunterette
01-10-2010, 07:11 PM
The whole trick is right place at the righ time. The Del Rio is good in the fall (head out of Chetwynd towards Hudson Hope, turn right behing the old mill and head out towards Dawson Creek) but I don't know about now. Just drove through Chetwynd and saw Elk along the highway by Hudson Hope. I would recommend to see some elk in the feilds, and ask permission.
Good Luck

thanks Gerich - Darcy is logged onto his phone so hopefully he is able to read this but I will text it to him as well :)

doubled
01-10-2010, 07:14 PM
See, local knowledge rocks. Good on ya Gerich!!!

Jagermeister
01-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Does Glen have an LEH for cow? If so, what area?

newhunterette
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Does Glen have an LEH for cow? If so, what area?

darcy says: yes he does for 7-20 and surrounding areas

tinhorse
01-10-2010, 07:57 PM
to go the pine/peace junction.

tinhorse
01-10-2010, 08:00 PM
uncle had his draw last year for any elk in Jan. and passed a bunch of cows, finally caught up with a big bull but couldn't get a shot, so had to settle on a cow anyways. walk along the top breaks and glass down into the scrub brush, this time of year they are all through there. most likely will run into some on the drive down. drive in form the mill road just out of town towards hudson hope. Its the taylor flats, follow the signs posted, could be lots of road traffic this time of year with the oil and gas, so be careful.

Cariboospeed
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
I'd go knock on doors in Lone Prairie.

troutseeker
01-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Go ask at Corlane's in Dawson Creek. they are pretty helpful in pointing people in the right direction and will know which farmers are hunter friendly.

OutWest
01-10-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm not really familiar with the area myself but I do know that Chetwynd has elk. Friends of ours went last year and they took 6 bulls. Wish I could help you out more.

hunter1947
01-11-2010, 07:03 AM
If it where me I would ask around talk to some locals ,the gun club or other ,go into some ranches place and ask them ,give the wildlife management a call in FSJ and ask them where the elk winter at this time of the year where he has the the LEH draw ,I wish him luck.

I have hunted up around Farrow Creek and have seen elk in this area when moose hunting ,Farrow Creek is just outside Hudson Hope BC...

newhunterette
01-11-2010, 10:35 AM
thank you so much y'all - had to charge my phone so I can text all this great information to Darcy :)

leadpillproductions
01-11-2010, 10:40 AM
you can get him to call me im home today and nights after 6

moosinaround
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
you can get him to call me im home today and nights after 6
Same here Ali, You know my number!!:wink:

newhunterette
01-13-2010, 08:07 PM
thank you everyone I passed on all your wonderful tidbits of information and directions to Darcy - they are seeing elk now and will be heading out agin tomorrow to giver er another go - almost had a lucky day today with a shot but ce la vie try try again

Darcy will post up when he gets home

thanks agin for helping me help a friend

y'all rock it

leadpillproductions
01-13-2010, 08:10 PM
did he see any thing where i sent them

Fisher-Dude
01-13-2010, 08:37 PM

Yeah they said the beer and strippers were great, but there were no elk in the bar.

leadpillproductions
01-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah they said the beer and strippers were great, but there were no elk in the bar.
ha ha no stripers here lol

eaglesj
01-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Go ask at Corlane's in Dawson Creek. they are pretty helpful in pointing people in the right direction and will know which farmers are hunter friendly.

They have a list of farmers that you can contact for the area, or at least they used to.

Darksith
01-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Is there a january open season for elk up there? I should be there if so...or is this another FN privaledge

d6dan
01-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Is there a january open season for elk up there? I should be there if so...or is this another FN privaledge:confused:

You have to read some more!!!. LEH....7-20A Late season. Its been a topic of discussion for some time now...:wink:

MuleyMadness
01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
It's not open season, it's LEH..but with plenty of tags available, it's an enjoyable break from January boredom. Can be tough hunting as it's a lot of private land so there is the permission thing, the weather is either really cold for us to be out in or too warm for the elk to be eating all the time, plus the animals themselves are damn smart. We just got back from the Pouce Coupe and south area and were successful, but it was no turkey shoot let me tell you.

newhunterette
01-13-2010, 10:30 PM
he told me he would let me know more tomorrow - he was tired - all he did tell me was they had a chance at one and missed but now they are seeing at least

I think you secretly wish you were at the strippers and bar because you have this fixation to post about someone watching strippers, and the bar when in actuality they are hunting - if strippers and drinking is their fancy after a day in the woods then so be it go for it and have fun

Is there a january open season for elk up there? I should be there if so...or is this another FN privaledge

read the regs and the LEH regs you will notice there is still hunting this time of year in areas for bow and late season LEH's has nothing to do with FN

Darksith
01-14-2010, 01:26 PM
was just asking, might have to get on that boat next year, we'll see how the LEH's and the planned trips go.

newhunterette
01-14-2010, 03:21 PM
elk down - details to follow when Darcy gets home - sleep over in quesnel tonight

srupp
01-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Hmmmm so ..any more info on elk hotspots..heading up to 7-20 for cow draw..

any secret squirril info???pm??

thanks

SR

BiG Boar
01-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Hmmmm so ..any more info on elk hotspots..heading up to 7-20 for cow draw..

any secret squirril info???pm??

thanks

SR

Do you want directions to the bar? Or info more elk related? :???: Because that bar is full of wet cows. Weather or not you can draw one is all in your artistic abilities!:)

Have fun and remember us sitting in warm houses borred to tears in front of computers!

3kills
01-15-2010, 03:47 PM
we are home and yes we managed to get an elk down on the last day there. thanx to all the guys on here the helped when i needed it..

newhunterette
01-15-2010, 03:55 PM
welcome home darcy - way to go and gld you made it home safe and sound :)

leadpillproductions
01-15-2010, 04:37 PM
congrads but where your pics lol

srupp
01-15-2010, 06:48 PM
hmmm David..more elk related..thanks..:mrgreen::tongue:

yup will remember you down in Vancouver..

Most of the elk seem to have hit the woods..warm weather and rapidly diminishing snow levels..

steven:-D

CanuckShooter
01-15-2010, 08:40 PM
we are home and yes we managed to get an elk down on the last day there. thanx to all the guys on here the helped when i needed it..

So belly up to the bar...and tell us whose tips put you in the hot spot.:-D I un-zipped the lips and was wondering if you capitalized on the info??? Or got some sage advice from another???

leadpillproductions
01-15-2010, 08:43 PM
So belly up to the bar...and tell us whose tips put you in the hot spot.:-D I un-zipped the lips and was wondering if you capitalized on the info??? Or got some sage advice from another???
I was thinkin the same , i wonder if it was my spot hmmm

CanuckShooter
01-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I was thinkin the same , i wonder if it was my spot hmmm

Your a local up there right?? Just PM me your spot....I won't tell!!!:mrgreen:

leadpillproductions
01-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Your a local up there right?? Just PM me your spot....I won't tell!!!:mrgreen:

you have any sheep spots to exchange

CanuckShooter
01-15-2010, 08:54 PM
you have any sheep spots to exchange

No sir, never hunted them [sheep that is]...poor me eh? Do lots of hunting up your way though, have surveyed a few spots that looked good but never made it back to try them out.....come on just spill your elk spots...pls...maybe a place west of town...drive up the hill & thru a creek...know the spot???

leadpillproductions
01-15-2010, 08:56 PM
No sir, never hunted them [sheep that is]...poor me eh? Do lots of hunting up your way though, have surveyed a few spots that looked good but never made it back to try them out.....come on just spill your elk spots...pls...maybe a place west of town...drive up the hill & thru a creek...know the spot???

yup up there

Elkhound
01-15-2010, 09:31 PM
waited to the last day.....nice job Darcy

hunter1947
01-16-2010, 06:31 AM
I am happy to hear you got your elk Darcy http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif..

riflebuilder
01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
I had a job working on the Del Rio ranch years ago bailing hay it was a great job got to chase lots of critters on my days off. There was lots of Elk when I was up there

01-16-2010, 10:42 PM
we demand photos!!

newhunterette
01-16-2010, 10:59 PM
hehehehehe i saw the pics on facebook hehehehehe they are awesome and a nice cow :)

Cariboospeed
01-17-2010, 01:31 PM
I had a job working on the Del Rio ranch years ago bailing hay it was a great job got to chase lots of critters on my days off. There was lots of Elk when I was up there
How many years ago was that? I used to know the previous owners, was one of my favorite spots for white tails in the west field.