PDA

View Full Version : Bears with insomnia

Kootenai
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Anyone seen any bears with insomnia this winter? We have one that just won't go to sleep wandering around town and another two up by the airport that are being constantly sighted wandering around in the snow. They aren't bothering anyone and are not garbage bears that we can tell, at least no complaints about garbage cans be invaded.

THE SWEDE
01-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Saw a set of tracks on the Olympic Pennisila this weekend

doubled
01-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I know that they can wake up and go for a stroll once in a while but this is not too common and is usually a very short distance.

wrenchhead
01-10-2010, 10:01 PM
weve had a couple on the skihill this year in vernon. dens get disturbed by skiiers.

Bow Walker
01-11-2010, 12:05 PM
:confused:If there is no snow and the temps are as mild as they have been - do the bears still hibernate and go all dozy??

humble hunter
01-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Had one break my fence down last tuesday (garbage day) and rip my garbage can apart. He did not look too dozy.

Chuck
01-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Had one break my fence down last tuesday (garbage day) and rip my garbage can apart. He did not look too dozy.

Anybody know if this activity won't pay off for them in the long run, so that they come through winter in a poorer condition by spring? Or even croak by that time. Just seems odd to me that they might choose to do this, or is it something beyond their control?