PDA

View Full Version : hunting widow weekend

newhunterette
01-09-2010, 12:00 AM
so it is january and there is a bow season of go the boys I mean men for another of many annual scheduled trips

they left yesterday after work reached their destination about midnight and went to sleep

got up this morning headed out to special spot and down goes a buck yeahhhhh he finally has something for the freezer - this afternoon brings him a nice doe for the freezer with still 2 more days of hunting - guess he is done clipping his tags (should have bought the third grrrrrrrrrrrr)

oh well tomorrow will bring hunting by photographs and playing with the new head cam to see how it takes shots

dag nabbit - I see the man has bought me my bow but I sit at home with my bow while he is out hunting

I am about to think seriously about advertising for a new huntin partner

anyways - pics will eventually be posted when I get the cameras home lol

bsa30-06
01-09-2010, 12:04 AM
sorry you got left home,atleast peter was succesfull.

hunter1947
01-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Ali you got to start stepping in and say that you need a few hunting trips with your old man ,get your back up and start saying what you want.
Will be nice to see the pic of the deer ,good going for them..

bowhunterbruce
01-09-2010, 06:51 AM
i too am looking forward to the pics and vid ali.bummer you got left behind though.have you had a chance to even fire your new toy yet?there is a 3d shoot in abby this up comming weekend maybe someone can help ya down there with getting it all dialed in.
bruce

boxhitch
01-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Can't wait for the pictures from the head cam

doubled
01-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Hey Ali,

Whereabouts are there??? Wasn't aware there was a bow season in Jan but from the sounds of it, is this a coast opening???

d6dan
01-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Ali, did the boys (men) go over to Texada Island and leave you at home?:cry:. You've got to put your foot down!:-D... I've taken deer off that island and boy, there good eating:-D..

newhunterette
01-10-2010, 06:26 PM
jeepers I responded to everyones replies and my post vanished

I swear I have computer ghosts

anywhoo - Peter is on his way home being the only succesfull harvester from the bunch (this is a first for him to be the only one) he is tickled about it all

I will have pics up hopefully tomorrow after I decipher his falling video action lol

newhunterette
01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
hmmm - why is it my fault that he didn't have the photo card in the camera, he packed the camera

okay granted I had the photo card in my computer to download the last pics off the card but he took the camera and packed it up - now had I packed it for him, I would have checked that he had everything to go with the camera, but he says the card was in my computer therefore my fault grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh well he did have a mini size card so he was able to get a couple photos and he had the mini head cam heheheehheeh oh boy gonna be work trying to edit that video (guys make note - I know your adrenilin is pumping when ya take an animal down but not so many "F" bombs on video) lots of censorship coming

sorry for ramble

here is the deer (itty bitty tender vittles)
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/DSC_0007.jpg

doubled
01-11-2010, 01:16 PM
We filmed our elk leh hunt a number of years ago and it was hilarious watching some time later as all you could hear was f this and f that. We couldn't watch it with kids around.

browningboy
01-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Hey Ali,

Whereabouts are there??? Wasn't aware there was a bow season in Jan but from the sounds of it, is this a coast opening???

X2????:confused:

d6dan
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Texada and Bowen Isands open for Bow Dec16th-Jan15th 2010.

BiG Boar
01-11-2010, 06:54 PM
That looks like a buck I passed up on texada last week. Almost the same antlers exactly!

newhunterette
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
ya know it is really rewarding to know that all the years Peter has been cutting out meat, he has been doing an awesome job.

tonight our neighbour came over to see how Peter was doing (he is a meat cutter) as well as an avid bow shooter - he was gonna give Peter some pointers and he said to Pete, wow cant tell ya a thing youre dooing a fine job, so he helped him out to get the both of them cut up and even gave him a great knife to keep.

so 2 nice tender Texada deer into the freezer

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

so with that out of the way some fresh texada clam chowder ready - anyone coming for a nibble, taste, sampler oh you know what I mean

browningboy
01-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Good job!:mrgreen:

Ambush
01-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Anxious to see how the head cam worked out. I need something better than the bow-mounted camcorder.

I was hoping to arrange a Texada hunt with my son this winter, but I'll just have to be happy to share in yours.:-D

newhunterette
01-13-2010, 11:01 PM
should have video ready tomorrow I hope

couple shots from when he got home
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/hunting%20shots/Texada%20Deer%202010/DSC_0001.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/hunting%20shots/Texada%20Deer%202010/DSC_0002.jpg

hunter1947
01-14-2010, 04:55 AM
That will be a vary nice deer for the freezer ,nice score..

tarzan
01-14-2010, 04:21 PM
were they still hunting or stand hunting?

Ambush
01-14-2010, 09:20 PM
were they still hunting or stand hunting?
They're obviously not STILL hunting, 'cause the deer is hanging at home.:rolleyes: