PDA

View Full Version : Region 6 Sheep LEH

Deadshot
01-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Don't recall seeing this posted.
All Region 6 sheep are to be drawn with the spring grizz.
Unsuccessful hunters will get another sniff in other regions with the regular LEH.
Maybe this is old news, I don't know.
It's on the Ministry website.

snareman1234
01-07-2010, 07:09 PM
do you apply now for them too, just like spring grizz?

d6dan
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Unsuccessful hunters will get another sniff in other regions with the regular LEH.
Its new. it was just posted the other day..

d6dan
01-07-2010, 07:14 PM
do you apply now for them too, just like spring grizz?
Yes, apply same time as spring griz.

Deadshot
01-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Apparently so.
I'm guessing the Klappan issue won't be resolved before the Spat draws are awarded.

bridger
01-07-2010, 07:38 PM

it was posted a few days ago but good to have it on again as this is an important change.

srupp
01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks going to put in for Dall Leh...

better do it ASAP..

cheers and THANKS....

Steven:mrgreen:

Deadshot
01-07-2010, 07:48 PM
So this will throw all the unsuccessful hunters back into the mix & drive up the odds in the southern regions.
I think they're bad enough.:sad:

Stone Sheep Steve
01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
So this will throw all the unsuccessful hunters back into the mix & drive up the odds in the southern regions.
I think they're bad enough.:sad:

Don't think it works that way. You are allowed one entry per species. If you put in for the early draw you cannot put in for the regular draws.
If you did it would be the same as putting in two differnent cards for the same species...which is a no-no.

It does have me wondering about second choices............but the odds of a getting a second choice sheep draw are slim and none

Edit...see next post....

SSS

Kody94
01-07-2010, 07:58 PM
No. You are allowed one entry per species. If you put in for the early draw you cannot put in for the regular draws.
If you did it would be the same as putting in two differnent cards for the same species...which is a no-no.

SSS

But you can do it for G-bears.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-07-2010, 08:02 PM
But you can do it for G-bears.

I stand corrected. I just read on the website that unsuccessful applicants can apply for the later draws.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/docs/skeenadraw.pdf

SSS

boxhitch
01-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Good info, thanks
That draw allows lots of time to give notice at work and plan a good hunt.

boxhitch
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM
I stand corrected. I just read on the website that unsuccessful applicants can apply for the later draws.
Allows for double dipping. That'll mess up the odds for sure
Not sure I agree to that, though this does help out reg 6 hunters.

bridger
01-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Allows for double dipping. That'll mess up the odds for sure
Not sure I agree to that, though this does help out reg 6 hunters.

seems like when you solve one problem you at times create another. The BCWF felt it was important to get the early sheep draws out in plenty of time for the lucky guys to book fliights, holidays, etc. many of the tags were not being used because guys got their authorizations so late it was to late to book holidays etc. double dipping is a side product of perhaps a more important issue. quite honestly the decision makers probably never thought of it.

Kody94
01-07-2010, 11:13 PM
seems like when you solve one problem you at times create another. The BCWF felt it was important to get the early sheep draws out in plenty of time for the lucky guys to book fliights, holidays, etc. many of the tags were not being used because guys got their authorizations so late it was to late to book holidays etc. double dipping is a side product of perhaps a more important issue. quite honestly the decision makers probably never thought of it.

Pretty easy to solve. Just make all sheep draws early.

boxhitch
01-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Easy solution, and obvious.
CI data is complete by Nov 15th, harvest numbers are known.
Alaskans are getting draw results when our application deadline approaches

BiG Boar
01-07-2010, 11:34 PM
It's a way for the ministry to make more money, sell almost twice as many lehs! They probably thought it out really well!

bridger
01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Pretty easy to solve. Just make all sheep draws early.

Damn sometimes the answer is so easy. will see what can be done. acutally I think there is going to be a lot of changes to the leh draws and that could easily be put into place.

BCrams
01-08-2010, 12:05 AM
x 2 what SSSSter said

Go one step further. Put all draws early. Get results early and everyone can plan accordingly.

Deadshot
01-08-2010, 12:36 AM
All the draws MUST go early as it'll drive the odds up for region 6. I think dall odds will go up immensely.
Guys have nothing to lose now on an early draw.