PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing Tunkwa?

BearStump
01-07-2010, 09:35 AM
anybody been to tunkwa to dip a line though the ice lately? I'm heading up on sat. for a weekend fish.
we're staying in the little cabins at the "resort" on the lake. any pointers would be helpful. ie. south end of lake, middle, shorelines, just off the dock? I've been ice fishing too many times without catchin jack sh**. It would be nice to not have to waste time drillin holes all over the lake without a clue on the water depth etc. I've never been to tunkwa except on a hunting trip.

BigfishCanada
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Fishing was slow last week, you will have to know the spots. Ask Rich at the resort to point you in the right direction. The fish are there, and one young fishermen got a 4.5lbr recently.

Chris
www.bclakefronts.com (http://www.bclakefronts.com)
Ice fishing at its best!

MikeH
01-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Bearstump fishfinder helps out big time!I told Tyler about it.

Bushy
01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Fish off the weed beds in the normal area's where fish are caught in the late summer and fall. 8 feet down in 12-13 feet of water. First light to noon the best time as fish are actively feeding after digesting their food overnight.

Couple kids last week both hooked nice fish, nice to get out on the hardwater, should get a dusting of snow this evening. Get here early and fish, check in after a morning fishing, get some info on locations and methods and head back out again.:mrgreen:

RB