PDA

View Full Version : Beaverdam lake near Clinton?

BIGHUNTERFISH
01-05-2010, 08:59 AM
I am getting cabin fever so I am heading up to Clinton for some ice fishing this weekend.I have never fished Beaverdam lake but I have heard it is excellent for big brookies .Have any of you guys ice fished it and what would your bait of choice be?

Thanks in advance :-D

treeclimber
01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I just got home from beaverdam lastnight the fishing was pretty poor, we fished for 2 days only landing 3 fish and loosing about the same, Everyyear that lake gets worse, I have an underwater camara so I can see all the fish that are crusing around and the numbers are waaay down from a few years ago

hillclimber
01-05-2010, 04:49 PM
ssorry to hickjack but what kind of camera do you have treeclimber and how do you like it? also how much was it if you don't mind me asking.

cheers
stefan

mr.280
01-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I havent fished it for about five years but we did well there and nailed some in the 5 and 6 lb.class. We always did well with jigs and a little wiggle tail and the bait was krill and or fresh prawn. keep the jig slightly moving,It's a shalow lake and Quit fun to sight fish em, Good luck,PS if the fishing is too slow hop over to Big Bar lake for some rainbow action

treeclimber
01-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Its a cabelas underwater cam, 7' b&w screen, I have a 6x8 ice hut aswell to cut out the glare from the sun, once you ice fish with the cam you can never do it without one again