PDA

View Full Version : First Blood Take A Look

extreme01
01-05-2010, 02:13 AM
has been drawn, and my little hunter is hooked http://www.texas-hunting.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/0152.gif
Ok, so we've been seeing several groups of does coming to the feeder, and targeting the times they frequent our habitat. There are two that come out dang near like clockwork, so I figured that I'd let my daughter have a chance at busting her first.

Here they are last week when I was alone
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/wrickv/DeerHunting01Dec09007.jpg
1500ish today, these two does popped out in the lower food plot, roughly 160-175 away. We watch em, and I ask her if they come closer, do you want to take one..of course the answer is YES!

They bounce around and finally end up at the far feeder right around 1550ish. I told her the distance was right at 98yds, and she says she is ready. I'm talking to her, telling to take her time, breathe etc....

She takes the shot when the one goes broadside and misses :eek2: Then the emotions take over, and the tears start flowing. I told her its ok, they didnt go far, and Daddy has missed before as well.

So the feeder goes off at 1600 and the deer scatter. They run a bit and stop at 75yds. I asked again, if she was ready and wanted to take a shot, as she had camled down at this point. So she says yes, I'm ready. I pass her the .243 and she gets a steady rest. WE go thru the breathing etc and she pops another round down range....and yep, misses. The deer at this point are looking around wondering what is going on.

So sissy says shoot her daddy as the tears start flowing once again. So I popped the tall one in the neck and she dropped right there :up:
Well, the other doe decides she has had enough and comes running towards us and stops right around 50yds.

Sissy is watching this and says I can take her right there! So I did what any dad would do, passed her the gun and told her to shoot when ready...
A couple seconds go by, shes mumbling something about breathe, squeeze and pow! She nails this deer and the front end comes out from under her. She immediatly starts running directly towards us and passed to the left of the stand leaving an 18-24in path to follow!

We found her about 25 yds behind the stand, needless to say, alot of high fives and fist bumps were going on in the stand.

Yes, I'm a happy Daddy, and have a very happy daughter right now.
I made her follow the blood trail to find her deer, it was pretty easy http://www.texas-hunting.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/013.gif
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i261/wrickv/DeerHunting11Dec09029.jpg

KodiakHntr
01-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Good job, starting her out hunting, good on you.

shadow1982
01-05-2010, 08:12 AM
man brings a tear in your eye. Good job guys

BiG Boar
01-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Cool man! Way to go! Looks like you did some good shooting there girl!

Blainer
01-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Good on ya kiddo!
You look pretty cool to!

Bow Walker
01-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Congratulations to your daughter for sticking to it. I bet there isn't one of us that hasn't missed a shot. I know that I've missed on a couple of occasions myself.

Lots of good eating venison in the freezer now girl!

Spy
01-05-2010, 09:43 AM
3rd time lucky,Good on you for taking her out.I can Imagine you are pretty proud of her. Well done.

Elkhound
01-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Thats great. And welcome to HBC

Black Bird
01-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Congrats! I look forward to taking my girls out one day (mind you they are only 1 and 3 so it could be a while...)

:-D

Cheers,
BB

Mik
01-09-2010, 10:20 PM
We have all missed. Its a great feeling when your with your kids and they nail one. Congrats to your girls.

Moose Guide
01-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Simply awesome, my 10 year old son also got his first deer this year, it don't get much better!!!

gibblewabble
01-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Congrats I am hoping to get my daughter out in 2 years, she is not into it like my son thats for sure.

22savage
01-10-2010, 02:13 AM
Congrats on your first deer and making memories that will last a life time.

HailCall
01-10-2010, 03:52 AM
Congrats nothing better than watching a youngin take their first animal. I am waiting for my boy he is only 2 so I got a bit but he will be hunting waterfowl and turkey once he is 5. I bought him a benelli 20 guage after he was born a youth montfeltro it is still a bit big for him lol but it kicks very little and can be made to shoot one shell at a time so it will be a good first gun if I help him alittle . One of my buddies kids has been hunting since he was 5 he is 9 now and had shot 5 bands and spent more time afield than many adults he is quite the little waterfowler and turkey hunter with supervision ofcourse. Congrats again

OutWest
01-10-2010, 04:05 AM
It doesn't get any better than that!

moose2
01-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Congratulations to both of you , that has got to be a hunting parents best day when their kids connect on their first animal. My wife and I got to watch our 12 year old girl take her first in Nov 09. A mule doe at 60 yards with her 30/06. It was a great day and to add to it my wife took a nice 4 point that same afternoon. Mike http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/My_12_year_old_Daugters_first_animal.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=17696&ppuser=13763)

BCKID
01-31-2010, 10:53 PM
You got to love Daughters (I got two) Every man should have at least two girls. The more the better. Congrats to the both of you. BCKID

The Watcher
01-31-2010, 11:11 PM
Good on you both. And good on you to bring more hunters into the fold. Nice to have some of our American neighbours here as well.
Welcome!

Vanman1985
03-01-2010, 01:51 AM
This is what gets me excited!!! I've got a little while to wait though.... my little guy is only 7 months old:wink:

cavebear
03-01-2010, 12:01 PM
its a great experience when you see your children develop the same love for hunting that you have congrats. Its nice to know you ve got a life long partner now:-D

greatwhitehunter
03-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Fantastic!
Don't tell anyone but I have missed too!

tuffteddyb
03-04-2010, 01:34 PM
missing is part of the fun,we all have missed
sounded like my nephew hunt we was on,2 dead trees,1 stump dead as a nit and finally success he got his doe,tracking was involved and he did really good.wifes first deer was bang and plop,but why is it so much funner to get a newbies deer than it is your own?