PDA

View Full Version : Biggest In Over Five Decades.

Doddz_c
01-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Check this buck out http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trophyWatch_month.asp?area=news&year=2007&month=3 It's the fourth one down from the top that states " BIGGEST IN OVER FIVE DECADES".

MuleyStalker
01-03-2010, 11:46 PM
unreal.:shock:

Gateholio
01-03-2010, 11:49 PM
http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/imagesWatch/BCGiant175.jpg

tooley
01-03-2010, 11:57 PM
I believe I have seen this buck with my own eyes, and it truely is incredible!

tooley
01-03-2010, 11:58 PM
The story is that the bigger buck got away and that he was a reletivly new hunter and didn't really know what he had accomplished.

yama49
01-04-2010, 08:20 AM
nice buck, huge

ydouask
01-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Holy Moley ! What an amazing Buck.... better keep that head under lock and key . Congrats to the hunter.

01-04-2010, 09:02 AM
SANTA _ MARIA_ MO _ QAKEO!

Thats a DANDY, shot in 2007? Has it not been in Big Buck Magazine ??

Congrats who ever you are you lucky son of a #$#$##$%&((^%^%#$$!!!!!

CT

Rackaholic
01-04-2010, 09:09 AM
The story is that the bigger buck got away and that he was a reletivly new hunter and didn't really know what he had accomplished.

Holy........
I'd love to know where this guy hunts, 2 top 5 bucks and possibly even a few more.... :shock:

weatherby_man
01-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Wow, thats an incredible animal.

hardnocks
01-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I saw the pic right after it was shot . The story i heard was he was trying to win a rifle in a big buck contest in chase . He had entered a good buck early in the season but it got beat out. So he kept hunting trying to enter bucks in others names. That one in am sure that was the fouth big buck he had shot that season .

Gateholio
01-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I believe it said somewhere that the hunter is from the Kamloops area. Probably close to Clearwater!:mrgreen:

Doddz_c
01-04-2010, 09:56 AM
He is from Chase so my Geuss would be somewhere around Adams Lake or maybe the North end of Big Shuswap.

hardnocks
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
he live`s on the chase reserve. the boone and crocket scorer here had two racks at his house last fall. together they added up to 500 in.....that one and one he had shot himself.

MuleyMadness
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Well I went to highschool with Eli (Westsyde Secondary), he is the son of the longtime Kamloops Indian Band chief Manny Jules. He was a hunter back then, so I'm not really sure about the inexperienced part, but that is an amazing animal...I think I saw one like that the other day......at the zoo

Doddz_c
01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I agree with you on the inexperiance remark I am pretty sure Eli has been hunting his whole life.

Dirty
01-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I held that rack in my hands. The weight alone was astonishing. Word is that it was shot out towards Jamieson Creek. Looks typical (if that is possible in this case) of the heavy and tall bucks that come out of the Jamieson/Bonaparte Area.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Anytime someone shoots a big buck or a big ram or big whatever the rumours start to fly and in most cases they are unsubstanciated.

SSS

Dirty
01-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Oh yeah, he lives on the KIB Reserve by the way.

01-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Likely shot after the rest of our seasons close ...........

4th one of the season ? Hummmmmm ..........

Love the rumors though .

CT

KB90
01-04-2010, 10:24 AM
How does it work if you are aboriginal and shoot a booner buck outside of the allotted season?

Does it still qualify?

Stone Sheep Steve
01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
How does it work if you are aboriginal and shoot a booner buck outside of the allotted season?

Does it still qualify?

It was Region 3 and was shot during the lengthy mule deer season.

SSS

Maxx
01-04-2010, 11:12 AM
It was Region 3 and was shot during the lengthy mule deer season.

SSS

hahaha- great comment SSS!

BCrams
01-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Lengthy Region 3 season indeed!! Perhaps the other regions should get on board and harmonize their seasons closer to replicate Region 3 which would be a good thing imo.

KyleBartels - You're young hunter. How does it feel that your manager in Region 5 removed the rut hunt for mule deer??

MuleyMadness
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Don't know where you got that? He is from the Adams LAke reserve and he is not a KIB band member. His Dad is from the Adams lake reserve in Chase.

Well the 3 years we went to highschool together in Kamloops make me think otherwise my friend...just google Manny Jules, he most cetainly was from KIB. Not that it matters, nor does it matter whether or not he shot 4 bucks that year, it's legal despite what we all think, and as such, legit.

And guys, let's not let the rumours run away here...no one here knows for sure when it was shot, if it was outside the normal season, nor how many were shot, so let's just be happy for the guy, and assume it was all square...I for one have heard enough of 'a friend of a friend who's cousin knows.' You didn't believe that shit in highschool, let's not start now. It's an amazing buck, be proud our province holds such amazing animals, and we still have the ability to hunt them.

Jelvis
01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
If the young hunter is from the kib and shoots it where the big bucks are inside the rez, I guess as long as it's fair chase, and he's not from Chase.
lol- I guess, cuz in New Mexico they hunt on rez's so maybe, I often wondered that being related to the locals. That's where Bonez and Crewcuts come in you'd have to check with them.
The Kib, has record bucks in a few spots around the rez and sheep.
Dome Mountain has them it borders with the seven 0 ranch. I found my thrill, on Strawberry Hill.
--unfortunately it's Private Land to anyone not Shuswap native. So don't even tink about it lol.
You would'nt believe it, if I told yah. So that's why I ain't saying. lol.
Jel-Bonez and Crewcutz---Dome where the Monsters roam --- actual legends of super sized bucks ---
under certain rock and in the entrance of caves -- do not go there --

Dirty
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I Canada411'd Eli Jules and it came up KIB. That makes me think he is from the KIB??????

Oh yeah, and Papa Jules....
http://www.spiritmap.ca/mjulessl.html

Stone Sheep Steve
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
hahaha- great comment SSS!

I meant nothing more than the Reg 3 mule deer 4 pt season which extends to Dec 10:neutral:. I remember the pics when this buck was shot. It was fall and no snow on the ground.....at least back at someone's house where that pic was taken.

SSS

Will
01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Seen it and yep.........it made me quite happy in my pants:-D
Helluva Buck !
http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/imagesWatch/BCGiant175.jpg

dana
01-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Just proves what proper management can produce. The other Regions need to get their $hit together and follow Region 3's lead by harmonizing their seasons to match ours.

GoatGuy
01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Just proves what proper management can produce. The other Regions need to get their $hit together and follow Region 3's lead by harmonizing their seasons to match ours.

We don't like shooting animals in other regions; rather feed the wolves. :-D

dana
01-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I can honestly say there is a $hitload of wolves where this buck was killed and yet he still managed to live up to his genetic potential.

GoatGuy
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I can honestly say there is a $hitload of wolves where this buck was killed and yet he still managed to live up to his genetic potential.

You don't have to convince me.:wink:

MuleyMadness
01-04-2010, 07:04 PM
You HAVE TO CONVINCE ME!!! You start by telling me exactly (GPS coordinates preferred) where he was shot...you know so I can assess the wolf and predator population for myself.

frenchbar
01-04-2010, 07:25 PM
He Was Probably Taken In The Same Area Around The Shuswap...where The Guy From Chase Shot That Big Non Typ A Few Yrs Ago ..their Racks Are Similar And Probably Came Out Of The Same Gene Pool ..theres A Pic Floating Around Hbc Some Where Of That Buck .
MY MISTAKE THAT IS THE BUCK!

Caveman
01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I know Eli as well and as far as I know he is from Chase. Played fastball against him for a fair # of years, as I did again this year. May have to get a look at this beast personally. Man what a beauty!!

Jagermeister
01-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Since it appears that Ramshot has the inside track on the circumstances surrounding this animal, I would like to pose a question or two to Ramshot about it.
One, would anyone be able to hunt the exact area where this animal was harvested?
Two, since a First Nation's hunter is not subject to the rules as applied under the auspices of the Ministry of Fish and Wildlife, was the animal harvested within the Hunting regulations as set out by the government and as applied to the general hunting population of British Columbia?
And that is one great looking buck, Eli must be beside himself.

BlacktailStalker
01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
X 2 as to what Jager has asked.
I know of many great bucks taken in that area and neighboring areas that are taken between the "a half hour after and half hour before" sorta speak. NOT implying this is the case.

MuleyMadness
01-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Well if it was taken in the half hour after or the half hour before it would be all good, as the regs are 1 hour before and after :wink:....again guys, native, first nations, indian, whatever the hell you want to call it really doesn't mean ANYTHING was less than fair. I have plenty of friends who are status indians who strictly hunt the same seasons as I do, so let's assume, for once this was the case unless we are told, undeniably, that it is otherwise.

BlacktailStalker
01-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Good stuff.

peashooter
01-04-2010, 09:07 PM
i believe the point of the post was big f*cking deer from bc. not what time it was shot, town it was shot in, which eli shot it, how many deer either eli shot that year, or what band he belongs to. hbc is starting to sound like a knitting party gone wrong.

Spy
01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
It was shot in BC ! Does It really matter?

mark
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
It was shot in BC ! Does It really matter?

I agree, its nice to know that bucks like this one do exist in BC!!!!

I too have often wondered if it was shot at night, because alot of huge bucks get huge because they are nocturnal!

I had the pleasure of having that rack in my house for about an hour once.
I dropped to my knees and drooled as I molested it in aww!
Heres a better pic of it with my wife holding it!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/data/500/medium/IMG_0778.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/../photos/showphoto.php?photo=4558&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=501)
&

kennyj
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow !!! That is a truly awesome rack Congratulations to the lucky hunter.Nice to confirm that they are out there.Thanks for the bettor pic Mark.
kenny

Jelvis
01-04-2010, 09:56 PM
That buck was taken up O'conner lake road according to a fella from Wallachin, who talked to his friends sister's rowing coach, and he had talked to a railroader fella that seen exactly where he got it, he said a co told em.
Up the big O -- right off the road -- bingy bangy boongy --
Believe IT or NOT -- He saw it the week before, and went back and POW.
jElvi$ --- Su$piciou$ Mind$ --- Right beside the road --- True or False ? ---

Doddz_c
01-04-2010, 10:31 PM
i believe the point of the post was big f*cking deer from bc. not what time it was shot, town it was shot in, which eli shot it, how many deer either eli shot that year, or what band he belongs to. hbc is starting to sound like a knitting party gone wrong.

Thanks, who cares where or when or with what he shot it the point is he did and it makes me want to hunt even harder next season.

mark
01-04-2010, 10:33 PM
That buck was taken up O'conner lake road according to a fella from Wallachin, who talked to his friends sister's rowing coach, and he had talked to a railroader fella that seen exactly where he got it, he said a co told em.

Are you sure it wasnt hit by a train in Walachin Jelly???? :-D :wink:

Caveman
01-05-2010, 12:02 AM

Not this Buck!!

BcBob
01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Great Buck pic. Didn't think they made them like that anymore. Brings back a lot of memories of Empire Valley in the early sixties. If any of you know Mac Bryson, (lives in the lower mainland some place) Maybe you can talk him him into kindly posting a picture of the buck his father Clarence Bryson took with Henry Koster on Churn Creek in 1963. I do not believe the Buck was ever measured. It is this buck's(posted above) twin.

I know mac he was my AG teacher back in the day. I hav'nt seen him in years. he was one of the best teachers I had.I can recall him talking of the big deer on the ranch

mackbb
01-10-2011, 10:27 AM
From Mack Bryson
You are right. I live in Vancouver. You had one error in your story. Clarence Bryson and Bill Richardson ( not Henry Koster) were involved in the big buck kill Dad that killed with a custom made rifle built by Bill. The buck hangs now in Clarence's nephew,John Gillis' ranch house in Alberta along with the gun.. Unfortunately John has no computer, camera or e-mail address. The Buck was certainly a big non-typical that Bill estimated would be in the top 3 in the Boone and Crockett. There is a similarity to the buck shown by the lady. dad's may have been just a bit wider but no way of knowing. Cheers Mack. Incidentally, who are you.? Were you one of our Hunters? e-mail -- mackandliz@telus.net (mackandliz@telus.net)

mackbb
01-10-2011, 10:31 AM
I know mac he was my AG teacher back in the day. I hav'nt seen him in years. he was one of the best teachers I had.I can recall him talking of the big deer on the ranch
Thanks for the nice compliment. Incidentally who are you?
I posted a reply to Bcbob with a correction. my e-mail address is mackandliz@telus (mackandliz@telus) .net

mackbb
01-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the nice compliment. Incidentally who are you?
I posted a reply to Bcbob with a correction. my e-mail address is mackandliz@telus .net Cheers Mack Bryson. I taught in V.V. JR. from '73 to 77

jml11
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
The story on this buck is in the 6th edition of the BC Records Book just released before christmas. I read the story...talks about road hunting and happened upon the deer in an open cutblock...the hunter self admits he was lucky (actually I think that is the title of the story..."one lucky hunter"). I laughed at the part where the hunter said he would only mount it if it was over 220"....

dino
01-10-2011, 02:44 PM
There seems to be alot of success with large bucks road hunting from alot of experienced guys out there. I have a bad habbit of not even looking at cutblocks on my way to my spots. Awsome buck.

blindguy
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
just read the same story . freakin awsome buck.

Caveman
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
I talked to Eli last summer briefly about this buck. We play fastball against each other and I've known him for a fair number of years. I said I'd have to pop over and see it sometime. He's not the most talkative guy in the world but a nice guy