PDA

View Full Version : Cougar attack in Boston Bar

huntinnewbie
01-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Saw this on tonights National. Apparantly sometime this weekend a cougar entered someones back yard in Boston Bar intent on the 11 year old in the yard. He was saved when his dog, a golden retriever or goldon/lab cross tackled the cougar. Someone called the police who happened to be a minute away. The police took 3 shots to kill the cougar which at this point had the dog down and by the throat.

horshur
01-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Saw this on tonights National. Apparantly sometime this weekend a cougar entered someones back yard in Boston Bar intent on the 11 year old in the yard. He was saved when his dog, a golden retriever or goldon/lab cross tackled the cougar. Someone called the police who happened to be a minute away. The police took 3 shots to kill the cougar which at this point had the dog down and by the throat.

it only takes a cat a few seconds to kill a dog that way....the dog got lucky!

f350ps
01-03-2010, 07:49 PM
That's one lucky pooch!! He sure better get a steak tonight. K

wolverine
01-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I think cougar steak is on the menu for this evening. :mrgreen: Nice shooting from the member to tap the cat and not the dog.

sparkes3
01-03-2010, 08:55 PM
i posted about this attack this morning but i only caught the tail end of the report and since it was a lowermainland officer i thought it was down here somewhere not that it matters as long as the kid and dog is ok everyones happy.

papaken
01-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Just caught a bit of the story on the news. Stupid statement of the day "couldn't they call a conservation officer instead of killing it" DUH!

Johnny G1
01-03-2010, 09:27 PM
If you had listen to the rest of the news story, you would have heard the dog saved the kids life, and the cat was about to kill the dog, glad to see the cop was close by to put the cat down. It was a good ending to a possible tradgedy.

Johnny G1
01-03-2010, 09:37 PM
A golden retriever is being credited with saving an 11-year-old boy from a charging cougar in Boston Bar, B.C.

Police say the boy was gathering firewood in his backyard at about 5 p.m. PT Saturday when a cougar wandered onto the property.

When the large cat started charging across the yard towards the boy, his dog stepped between them to fight off the cougar.

When the RCMP arrived on scene minutes later, they found the cougar under the back porch of the house, chewing on the dog's neck.

An officer shot the cougar, killing it instantly.

The dog survived the attack with minor injures. The boy was not injured.

Boston Bar is located roughly midway between Vancouver and Kamloops

bsa30-06
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Glad the young fella is all right.Hope its a speedy recovery for his best friend.Somebody get that dog a big bone.

papaken
01-04-2010, 12:15 AM
The stupid statement was made by the newswoman. Me, I figure if an animal attacks or threatens shoot it. Problem solved. Glad the dog and police officer were there. Is it me or does it seem that cats and bears getting more aggressive?