PDA

View Full Version : Recipes??

Shooter Jr.
01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Whats your favorite recipes. whether is venison, beef, grouse, waterfowl, elk, moose, bear etc. Lets read about them.
I enjoyed some deer steaks my dad cut up and breaded them with shake-and-bake. Simple but good. Anyone else favorites?
(I would be more specific on the recipe but i wasn't paying attention to the recipe he was making)

tomahawk
01-03-2010, 05:37 PM
There are a million recipes for meat, if your more specific on the cut of meat maybe some folks have a fav they would share.

Shooter Jr.
01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Good point Tomahawk I'll be a little more specific:wink:

extreme01
01-05-2010, 02:23 AM
deer Barbecue

1 Deer Roast
1 Bottle Of Jim Beam Barbecue Sauce dash Of Liquid Smoke
salt & Pepper To Taste

Cook Roast 3 To 4 Hours In Crockpot Until Tender.
Take Out And Put Back In Kettle Add Salt And Barbecue Sauce And Cook Until Sauce Is Warm. Serve On Hamburger Buns. Top With Your Favorite Cole Slaw Recipe Optional.

Bow Walker
01-05-2010, 09:31 AM
I agree with our Southern friend (extreme01) about BBQ'ing the meat - as long as it's game meat of some type. I'd do the Q-ing without the precooking in the crockpot though, I tend to prefer the rotisserie over a bed of glowing coals.

BBQ the meat with some milder seasonings that pair well with it (so as not to hide the flavor) and have a sauce on the side for those that want it.

For those that want a great meal - take a look at extreme01's Elk eye-of-round roast in the Recipe Forum. Now that looks good! http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=595309#post595309