PDA

View Full Version : really rusty and outdated

madrona sh
01-03-2010, 12:58 AM
I pulled out my bow for the first time in many years.(1987)I think.I was real good at one time.Our archery club Canora Sask. was invited to the Wadena Sask. competition.I went home with first place.Anyway fast forward to today.Went to the local indoor range with my bow to see if I still had it.No...
First of all they had some bows on the wall and they where current with mine if you know what I mean.Everyone there was shooting the latest and greatest and here I am with my Martin cougar homade kit compound bow.anyway lets just say I shot some arrows the first few wern't bad but as my musles freaked out I started almost hitting the other lane so I shuter down as they say.Good thing to because I realized my bow string was also 1987.So I'm retireing the old girl and looking for a more modern counterpart.:-D

Bow Walker
01-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Good idea to look at new(er) models...

When you settle in and begin shooting seriously again, take it easy for the first month or so. Let the older, tired, unused muscles develop and regain their lost 'memory'. You don't want to rush into anything and injure yourself.

madrona sh
01-03-2010, 04:39 PM
You bet. It sure didn't take many shots before my aim was done.

Grantmac
01-05-2010, 06:35 PM
This is both the upside and downside of traditional equipment.

When I take time off it is the archer that can't perform, but the equipment is still as capable as it always was. Heck one of my oldest bows is still a great shooter today. It seems the only thing that really changes are the arrows.

-Grant