PDA

View Full Version : Firts hunt of the New Year

Duck Buster
01-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, the second of Jan turned out to be a great day afeild for Feild Marshal, his friend Tom, and grandson James, and I. We headed down to Feild Marshal's old standby feild and set up for our first hunt of 2010. The day started off wonderfully with lots of birds working the decoys before shooting light, then as day broke we had almost none stop action right up to 1130 when we had our 3 man limit of mallards and widgeons ,and sat back to enjoy some coffee and bullshiting. The geese made it tough again however the 2 birds that actualy came in made it to the picture for some colour.

It turned into a great day with the rain holding off, birds with only enough steel in them to kill them once, and no dogs poaching others birds,:mrgreen:. Sorry Marc hope your feeling better.....

Again James is going to turn into one heck of a waterfowler, he has the nack for spotting and hearing birds that the older guys just can't anymore, even though he let that smart snow goose who has been hanging with the swans, sail through the spread without even a word to the rest of us until he was out of range. We will work on that.........:)

Thanks for another great time, fellas and we will see you all when I get back from sea.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0960Jan-2-Tom_-J-and-J.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=17282)

Marc
01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Good going boys, that snow goose came through the spread again and lives to see another day? Looks like you guys had another good day.

I was feeling better today but in the past couple of hours I've gained a headache I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Marshall and I watched the ducks unlimited DVD set I got for Christmas today. Every time the dog would go out to retrieve Marshall would run towards the TV to try and intercept the bird.:mrgreen:

alecvg
01-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Looks like a good hunt, nice job.

tomla1
01-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Good to see someone shots some bird in the new year.