PDA

View Full Version : Bison Ranches Near Dawson Creek

MuleyMadness
01-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Anyone know of any in the Dawson Creek, Pouce Coupe, etc etc area? We are heading up there for a late season elk hunt and my father in law wanted me to pick up couple year old bison for him....Yes I know about the other thread arguing the merits of 'hunting' on a ranch, but I'm not really into shooting my own, unless it's considerably cheaper that is, just looking to pick up some no chemical bison for the FIL. Any names, websites, numbers, etc would be most appreciated.

d6dan
01-02-2010, 07:57 PM
PM sent...

srupp
01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Hmmmm there is a bison ranch that sells bison approx 30 miles south of Dawson Creek..near Rice rd...

I am sorry I dont know his name but I will be there in the next few weeks could get a # for you..we ALSO are on our way for a LEH elk hunt..:mrgreen:

cheers
Steven

RustyRipper
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
the game farm out near doe river (east of dawson a ways) has bison. good deal too, I think it was 450 bucks for any bison, and he killed it, cleaned and quartered it for ya. can't remember the name of the ranch, but ask anyone once you get up there and you'll find it. we did. cool place to check out anyway, has a really nice 7x7 elk there and tons of other stuff. good luck

01-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Any Bison raised on a Ranch will certainly have some type of antibiotics in it I would presume.........

Nuttin like wild game !

CT

MuleyMadness
01-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Well actually I believe most of the bison herds that are farmed are done so organically...checking around that seems to be the norm, may be because they are just TOO DAMM TOUGH TO GET ANY STINKIN BUG! :P

bigwhiteys
01-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Any Bison raised on a Ranch will certainly have some type of antibiotics in it I would presume.........Nuttin like wild game !

You won't find many bison farmers in the north injecting their Bison with anything other than Grain and Grass.

Carl

Big Lew
01-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Don't know about the ones around Dawson Crk. area, but while riding my bicycle from the north toward Fort Saint John, I noticed a large buffalo farm on the east side of the highway.

d6dan
01-03-2010, 10:50 AM
You won't find many bison farmers in the north injecting their Bison with anything other than Grain and Grass.

Carl
x2 here Carl, My friend has free range bison. he doesn't even give them water, the hay they eat is grown right there, natural grass hay. Nothing else. People think their like cattle and their not. What takes a cow to grow in 12 mos, takes a bison 16-18mos.:-D

MuleyMadness
01-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for all your help everyone...Those places right around Dawson are right up my alley as I we will be based just south of Tomslake. I thought it would be a great opportunity to get some GOOD additional meat in the freezer, as our wild game tends to run out by late Jan/early Feb most years (when you have 10 mouths to feed, your meat needs are a litte extreme lol) I was excited about this additional chance. Plus I'm starting to get a jones on for making some more jerky :P