PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops Ice Fishing

showtimebc
01-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi there, just wondering if anyone has some input on any local lakes (within an hour) of Kamloops that have some good ice fishing opportunities.

Much appreciated, thanks!

Oh and any ice fishing techniques would also be appreciated. I'm an ice fishing noob! :mrgreen:

Cyrus
01-02-2010, 09:08 PM
sent you a pm....

hillclimber
01-03-2010, 12:49 AM
sponsor of this site has cabins for rent on Red Lake NW of kamloops. looks to be a good place for ice fishing. hope that helps.

cheers
stefan

showtimebc
01-03-2010, 09:25 PM
was out at red lake today and had a great time! managed to catch my first fish ever ice fishing and my first brook trout!

RBooth
01-07-2010, 04:40 PM
If you want to find some sweet spots of your own...
http://www.gofishbc.com/stockingreports/default.htm
has the stock reports for the last 5 years. Look for small lakes, by small I mean pond size, less than a couple kilometers long, that have been stocked consistantly over the last few years with high numbers in comparison to their size. Any small lake stocked with triploids in the last 3 years will have some big fish in there. Numbers might be low in some due to winter kills or being over fished. There are a lot out there with amazing numbers and size though. Put some time in and you'll be into some great fishing in no time. Don't be afraid to switch up what you're doing every few hours if you're having no luck. Bait, lure, depth, action etc.

A good start would be using shrimp or krill, fishing the bottom 5 feet of any lake you decide to go to.

Good luck!

showtimebc
01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
good to know, thanks RBooth.

RBooth
01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I hear Tulip and Bleeker winter killed. So might not want to waste too much time there this year.

Saw a 4point muley this morning on my way out ice fishing. Got me all excited for next season!

showtimebc
01-10-2010, 06:33 PM
i saw a beauty of a buck headed out fishing yesterday morning as well!

got any tips on lake to try RBooth?

RBooth
01-14-2010, 06:45 PM
PM sent :)