PDA

View Full Version : Oceola Fish & Game Club

Davinci
01-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the Oceola F&G Club thread for members to post news, events and projects. The Oceoal F&G Club house is located in Lakecountry, central Okanagan.

For more information or to see our club's calendar of events visit our website, www.oceola.ca (http://oceola.ca/).

pete_k
02-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Wild game Banquet and Fund Raiser this Saturday (Feb 20) Starts at 5. Dinner at 6:30.
$35 for tickets.
Memorial Hall in Lake Country.

No minors this year due to issues with liquor licence.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-19-2010, 10:39 AM
No minors this year due to issues with liquor licence.

That's very sad to hear.

We had over 30 kids at the Peachland banquet.
I thought GG was going to call it his wedding so minors could come.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
02-19-2010, 01:24 PM
That's very sad to hear.

We had over 30 kids at the Peachland banquet.
I thougt GG was going to call it his wedding so minors could come.

SSS

That was considered, but they felt the kids would be scarred for life to see a grown man cry.

Oceola banquet is always a good time - a few tix left at Sundowner Meats and A&C Sports.

doubled
02-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Will be there with a couple of others. Looking forward to this.

GoatGuy
02-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Only crying is from getting activated for work.

Will be there with eye lids hanging around ankles late afternoon, early evening.

Have fun setting up. :mrgreen:

doubled
02-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Well, the food was awesome - catered by Bohemian Cafe. Several tables won the majority of draws (that was not cool). The four major draws were won by TWO people so that really sucked. The same guy won the chainsaw and the rifle while the same lady won the diamond ring and ladies basket. Two very lucky people. Overall it was good but would have been nice to spread out the winners a bit more. I did win a framed blacktail drawing though.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Well, the food was awesome - catered by Bohemian Cafe. Several tables won the majority of draws (that was not cool). The four major draws were won by TWO people so that really sucked. The same guy won the chainsaw and the rifle while the same lady won the diamond ring and ladies basket. Two very lucky people. Overall it was good but would have been nice to spread out the winners a bit more. I did win a framed blacktail drawing though.

At our banquet he same lady won the diamond ring two yrs in a row. Lots of luck???.............not really when she bought a pile of tickets both yrs. Those who come with an open wallet usually do well.:wink:

Would have like to have been there but I figured that I had already used up all of my luck getting a grizz draw...............

Was beaver on the menu this yr??

SSS

skinarama
02-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Had an awesome time at the banquet! Beaver was probably my personal favorite of all the dishes! They need to have more door prizes that aren't done by raffle tickets, also - an all ages event would be nice. Overall very impressed and enjoyed it immensely!

Fisher-Dude
02-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Food was great, prizes were great, no dust-ups among the beer drinkers, everybody had a good time.

Ended up with a Popatoff print for the Man Cave:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/HPIM0955.jpg

watson721
02-22-2010, 12:44 AM
wish i could go, i won the rifle last year but instead i had to go to the olypics. which was crazy so it wasn't all that bad

Amphibious
02-22-2010, 01:52 PM
wish I would have heard about this a few days ago....

oh well.