PDA

View Full Version : Boating license exam...

srupp
01-01-2010, 07:59 PM
I have read the material for the Boating safety course..and need to do the exam..what do you guys suggest is the easiest ???

I don't trust the computer enough to give my visa # over the web...

suggestions??

THANKS

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Srupp:mrgreen:

dime
01-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Visa has automatic protection against online fraud, I would say you can use it on the computer confidently. 5 billion transactions can't be wrong.

#1fishslayer
01-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I have used the internet for my wife and I. My mother used the web, and two of my best friend have done it within the last year. Seems safe to me. Good luck either way.

Statler
01-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I took my exam at the local Red Cross not sure if there is one in your area or not.

Rev.
01-01-2010, 08:21 PM
I use the internet a lot for ordering different things, it is actually pretty safe if you order from credible company's. Use paypal if they have that option of payment. Also your credit card is covered for fraud. I had a couple payments come out of my account, that for the life of me i couldn't remember what they were for. I just called my credit card campany and let them know about it. They reimbursed the amounts and gave me a new card with no hesitation. I did find out what the payments were for, but better safe then sorry.

Cyrus
01-01-2010, 08:26 PM
I took mine at www.theoperatorcard.ca (http://www.theoperatorcard.ca) I printed off the guide and made it an "open book" exam. 2 cards in the mail within a week. Never got ripped off.

spreerider
01-02-2010, 03:37 AM
a local auto parts store does the test in their store and its only $25 should something else like this other places.

01-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Call the Fed office, maybe other arrangement to pay are available.

http://bcwf.bc.ca/media/press_releases/2009/2009-09-30-NewBCWFAffinityPartnerBoaterExam.pdf

Viking
01-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Try Boatsmart! Canada for free boat license exams

srupp
01-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks Guys as usual YOU ROCK..

cheers

Srupp

Poguebilt
01-02-2010, 03:51 PM
if you want to save $10 bucks on your test and card try this link!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43341

:mrgreen:

BuriedByTheDead
01-02-2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.boaterexam.com/canada/
did mine and my dads buddys all in the same night $50 online lame but w/e and if you fail you get unlimited free trys im pretty sure look it up to be sure if your not gonna have the book in front of you haha...its easy anyways really not that expensive compared to the ticket youd probably get if you got caught w/o it haha hey! that reminds me of CORE FAC...identical out of the books....dumb money grabs :(

Johnnybear
01-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Good luck Srupp and good boating. I agree with the system and/but yes it is a money grab..............that said they should have put a HP limit or something to that effect in to exclude alot of folks. That wouldn't generate the money though would it?

I blows me away how joe blow used to be able to go buy a high horsepowered boat and go launch it and "try" to drive it with out any training at all. I think this mandatory licensing is way past due for alot of folks.

Like I said initially they should have made a minimum HP thing in there for alot of folks. I don't agree with joe blow in his tinny with a Minny (Min Kota) lake fishing etc. and IMO the whole thing came about with some of the bad apples riding the jet ski's.

Gunner
01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I took my Canadian Power Squadron boating and navigation course 25 years ago and still have my certificate.The Government can take their boating course and piss off. Gunner

BlacktailStalker
01-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I just did mine today as well, its fine.
Check Swedes thread on this as there is a $10 code that does work, ended up being $39 instead of the $59 as of tomorrow.

jessonml
01-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Got mine done yesterday. It is A - ok.... and not difficult at all.

Salty
01-04-2010, 11:40 AM
I took my Canadian Power Squadron boating and navigation course 25 years ago and still have my certificate.The Government can take their boating course and piss off. Gunner

Gunner, I share your sentiments but you'll still get if ticket if your are checked. I've got friends here with 40 and 60 tonne commercial papers, seine boat skippers you name it. They all had to get the frick'n pleasure boat card so they are legal running their skiffs :mad: One guy even went to the trouble of going down island and laying out a half a foot of paperwork for his various endorsements and asked for his pleasure boat card at the Transport Canada office. No sir, he had to take the test and pay the fee. :-|..

Salty
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Got mine done yesterday. It is A - ok.... and not difficult at all.

I did mine this past summer. Paid 40 bucks to a local guy that organised an on line station, didn't study anything and got 96 or so. ..