PDA

View Full Version : coyote hunting up the coq

r106
12-29-2009, 09:24 PM
I'm heading up the coq to try some coyote hunting. I was thinking around Davis lake area and hitting some spots along the pipe line on the way back. Do yotes Head to the valleys this time of year or can they be found almost anywere? I was thinking of stoping by upper coldwater road at Briton creek. Is it to high? How deep is the snow up there???

behemoth
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Bring a 4x4 and some chains if you think you are getting in there

Slime green cat
12-29-2009, 09:46 PM
I just passed through there this afternoon .... there is a fair bit of snow .
I wasn't really paying close attention, but i think there was close to a foot around the Coldwater exit .
Try lower and closer to Merrit, there was alot less snow down in the valley .

Good luck:-D

Blainer
12-29-2009, 09:46 PM
http://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/www/1.html (http://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwaycam/pub/html/www/1.html)

Snowmobile?

r106
12-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Do they still plow Kane Valley road?

huntinnewbie
12-29-2009, 10:09 PM
We camped up the Chilliwack Bench FSR Dec 15th or there abouts. Had a fresh fall of snow on the Sunday night and there were tons of coyote tracks on the road the next morning as well as racoons. Might give the area a try if your looking for something where you don't have to travel to far from the valley

r106
12-29-2009, 10:25 PM
We camped up the Chilliwack Bench FSR Dec 15th or there abouts. Had a fresh fall of snow on the Sunday night and there were tons of coyote tracks on the road the next morning as well as racoons. Might give the area a try if your looking for something where you don't have to travel to far from the valley

Ya that might be a better idea I didn't relize there was that much snow at coldwater rd. Me and a buddy got nothin to do tomorrow and he got rabbit distress call and a coyote howler and I'm itchen to use my .223 on something other than paper LOL. I like driving so distence doesn't bother me. But chilliwack is 2 hours less driving and 2 hours more hunting.

farwest
12-29-2009, 10:26 PM
They stopped plowing Britton first week of Dec.Mostly Snowmobiles now !!:mrgreen:

Steeleco
12-29-2009, 10:33 PM

Can't say 100% for sure, but I've seen the same grader in Brookmere all summer long??

Jonny outdoors
12-30-2009, 08:02 PM
I was up there camping on thanks given weekend and see lots of yotes just north east of lumbon lk lots of rolling hills.My son and i were just cruzin around on the quad and we spotted 5 in a hour .If you head up there let me know how you make out.

good luck!

r106
12-30-2009, 10:49 PM
The weather was a little crappy this morning and there is no point driving in a snow storm for a yote. LOL. So we just went up to chiiliwack and didn't even see one track..
Wouldn't mind checking out Lundbom Lake when the weather behaves. Is it crown land or ranch land? I googled it and it look really nice there

delby
12-31-2009, 11:22 AM

yes they plow kane valley, as for davies lake i go up there all the time, just need 4x4, i wouldnt worry too much about chains, can see tracks everywhere right after a fresh dump of snow, was up chataway , way a few weeks ago lots of track but no yotes

del

FLHTCUI
12-31-2009, 01:36 PM
There is a mixture of Crown land and Posted/Fenced Range Land around Lundbom Lk.
I have not been there for some time ( before bettle kill ) but there are huge areas of no vehicle driving off the main trail to prevent the spread of knapp weed and such, not to mention errosion also.
Drive up, be prepared for cold deep snow and let fly.
Pics and a story would be nice as well.
Rob