PDA

View Full Version : Browning Highlands wool gear

Vanman1985
12-29-2009, 08:55 PM
I got a few gift certificates for Christmas, so I went to wholesale sports and picked up the browning highlands wool pants, shirt and just finished ordering the parka online. Has anyone had any exprience with this stuff??? It's not the "Prettiest" stuff out there but I figure it's though to beat wool. I find that most of the new jackets are so noisey. Anyways love to hear any thoughts....

.308win
12-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Haven't bought anything in the Browning wool myself.....but a guy at work bought the wool pants, the first pair started to come apart at the seams in about a month, brought them back and exchanged them for another pair, 4 days later the new ones started to come apart at the seams as will. He said they were warm, just the stiching was crappy. At $170 a pair they should last longer!

Perry

Vanman1985
12-29-2009, 09:02 PM
uh oh..... I guess time will tell.

.308win
12-29-2009, 09:07 PM
LOL......it is possible that he could have bought 2 pairs that were manufactured on Friday!! Hope they work for ya!!

Perry

wildprotien
12-30-2009, 02:15 AM
LOL......it is possible that he could have bought 2 pairs that were manufactured on Friday!! Hope they work for ya!!

Perry

lol !!!! hahahha No such thing as Friday in China lol if you like the pants have your wife buy some good thread and run over the seam with her machine.
Big companies cut corners where ever they can and thread is not cheap these days when mass producing.
Might cost you $ 5.00 to buy a good thread and your pants will last a life time ...... good luck ..... yes Im anti china when it comes to manufacturing.

.308win
12-30-2009, 07:25 PM
lol !!!! hahahha No such thing as Friday in China lol

So true......So true!!

Perry

waistdeep
12-30-2009, 10:01 PM
If it is good wool, you will never go cold and it will be your go to gear. With all the new techno gear out there, you can give me wool anyday :)

muledeercrazy
12-30-2009, 10:08 PM
i have two pairs of pants and the jacket, three seasons for the set and one for the other pair of pants.. maybe 25 days wear for the pants and jacket and several cold water washes. I might have worn the jacket less than the pants but i am happy with it too. no problems at all. The other pair of pants is still to new to tell but i did buy another pair if that means anything! They are warm, and seem better than the columbias to me. Not as good as the new waterproof washable cabelas stuff according to a friend. I have warn them with good thermal underwear in -20 or lower weather while still hunting a few times and been warm and comfortable.

Vanman1985
12-30-2009, 10:26 PM
If it is good wool, you will never go cold and it will be your go to gear. With all the new techno gear out there, you can give me wool anyday :)

Like I said, most of the new stuff LOOKS really nice but if you rub it together it is really noisey. I haven't had any wool gear, but I've heard enough about it that it seems like a safe bet!

Muledeercrazy - Thanks for the confidence!! When a guy dishes out a bit of $$$ to try and get some good gear, it's not great to hear the stuff falls apart. I'm no (seamstriss???) but it looks like quality stuff and it feels comfortable. I let you guys know how it goes after a couple of outings.