PDA

View Full Version : fishing help

Buck Skin
12-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I want to go fishing but my Dad say's there's no place around here. I live in Abbotsford can someone help me please?:confused::confused:
Thanks

Dirty
12-29-2009, 08:07 PM
What do you want to fish for? Do you want to catch fish? There are lots of places to fish, but not many to be successful at this time of the year in the LML.

pnbrock
12-29-2009, 08:13 PM
the vedder river in chilliwack for stealhead not sure of regulations you should check before fishing.

SMOLT333
12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Steelhead are starting to show in the Vedder, more fish daily. You can only keep hatchery fish, some great fishing in winter months and only 15--20 minutes from Abbotsford. Check out www.fishingwithrod.com (http://www.fishingwithrod.com)

Dirty
12-29-2009, 10:31 PM
If you are over 15 you require a steelhead stamp to fish for steelhead ( even catch and release) and a valid bc fresh water fishing license. There are actually very few steelhead in the Vedder right now and angling pressure is at the highest it has been in years. If you want to get cold, skunked, and frustrated head to the vedder. If you want to catch some fish, I suggest you check www.fishingwithrod.com to see what lakes have been stocked most recently in the Lower Mainland with trout. Go there were single salmon eggs, powerbait, or worms fished under a bobber or off the bottom. You will catch trout if you are patient. Not trying to steer you away from steelhead, but just trying to give you reliable advice.

Buck Skin
12-29-2009, 10:42 PM
If you are over 15 you require a steelhead stamp to fish for steelhead ( even catch and release) and a valid bc fresh water fishing license. There are actually very few steelhead in the Vedder right now and angling pressure is at the highest it has been in years. If you want to get cold, skunked, and frustrated head to the vedder. If you want to catch some fish, I suggest you check www.fishingwithrod.com (http://www.fishingwithrod.com) to see what lakes have been stocked most recently in the Lower Mainland with trout. Go there were single salmon eggs, powerbait, or worms fished under a bobber or off the bottom. You will catch trout if you are patient. Not trying to steer you away from steelhead, but just trying to give you reliable advice.
thank you, youve been a super big help i appreciate it

thanks
Nk

recoil
01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
When it warms up a bit try Albert Dyck lake by the airport for bass, use a rubber worm type lure about 3" long.

You can also try the sloughs around Mission and north parallel road in Abby for cutthroat and coarse fish using bait this time of year. Remember you must release all wild trout and char from sloughs and rivers and barbles hooks.

good luck.

MikeH
01-03-2010, 06:24 PM
the vedder river in chilliwack for stealhead not sure of regulations you should check before fishing.

Good luck!your better to travel and ice fish .my buddy is heading to tunkwa lake next weekend, never been no clue if it's any good.

Buck Skin
01-12-2010, 06:15 PM
thanks every body youve been a big help

cheers
nk

deerstocker
01-31-2010, 10:17 AM
go to mill lake its in town catch rainbow bass black crappy and cat fish