PDA

View Full Version : finally gonna start

drivintrucks_shootinbucks
12-29-2009, 03:07 AM
finally can afford to get a start in the world of bowhunting. By a very fluke chance i walked into a local sporting goods shop for shits and giggles, and there sat a brand new 2009 Martin Firecat. I thought it was definately gonna be outa my price range, and it sure looked like it wen i seen the $700 price tag. but wen i seen the 50% off tag i didnt think twice about buying it. Now all i need is all the goodies, a range finder, some practice and for bear season to hurry and open up :)

buckguy
12-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Sounds like it was meant to be. Lots of practice should have you in the hills for next season. Good luck.

Bow Walker
12-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Good for you. Very, very good price you scooped!

Practice, practice and you'll not only get good, but you'll become one with the bow. What's not to love?

12-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Wow! Great deal on great bow! With the money you saved you can buy some top-shelf accessories.

Bowzone_Mikey
12-29-2009, 11:41 AM
350 bucks for a new Firecat .... Holy hell !!! great score ....

deals like that are not around every day and I am willing to bet that somebody got in shit after you left ... cause the shop lost cash on that sale

Now to outfit it ...

with 350 bucks ..(rest of the 7 hundy) you can get some decent accesories

12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Sounds like a great deal!! I have no intention of giving up handguns, shotguns or rifles but I do really enjoy archery. A friend of mine that had a shop in Sherwood Park AB got me started with a decent Darton compound bow, 'trimmings' and instruction. I was hooked! When I quit smoking, after the first year I rewarded myself with a Hoyt Ultra-tec, and all the 'trimmings'. When I retired, for a retirement gift choice from the Co., I chose a Hoyt Cyber-tec and 'trimmings' for hunting and 3D.

Enjoy. Once you get into it you'll love it:-D.

Yeah...archery is the crystal-meth of hunting. Extremely addicting. Once you experience the intensity of being 10-30 yards away from deer, bear or screaming elk, you'll want to experience again and again.

MikeH
12-30-2009, 11:00 PM
A friend of mine that had a shop in Sherwood Park AB
Are you talking about Sherwood Park Archery club?owner at one time was Jack ****.

Good to see more arrow chuckers starting up. I love bow hunting.

Yeah...archery is the crystal-meth of hunting. Extremely addicting. Once you experience the intensity of being 10-30 yards away from deer, bear or screaming elk, you'll want to experience again and again.
Totally is.

BCBear
12-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Are you talking about Sherwood Park Archery club?owner at one time was Jack ****.

My brother used to shoot there in the early 1980's when he was about 12. They took several young kids under their wings, good club from my recollection.

MikeH
12-30-2009, 11:12 PM
My brother used to shoot there in the early 1980's when he was about 12. They took several young kids under their wings, good club from my recollection.
I started archery there 1990 been doing it ever since it was a good club can't say now been away from shooting there for yrs. But I do pop in from time to time. When in Edmonton next going there to try out APA bows.

Bow Walker
12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
finally can afford to get a start in the world of bowhunting. By a very fluke chance i walked into a local sporting goods shop for shits and giggles, and there sat a brand new 2009 Martin Firecat. I thought it was definately gonna be outa my price range, and it sure looked like it wen i seen the $700 price tag. but wen i seen the 50% off tag i didnt think twice about buying it. Now all i need is all the goodies, a range finder, some practice and for bear season to hurry and open up :)

You're gonna love the 'rush' of killing your deer "up-close-and-personal"! It's almost as good as _____ (insert pleasure of your choice)!