PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Metal Ducks

field marshal
12-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Anybody else on this site have partners who insist on shooting already falling ducks???:confused: Next time I'm sorting them VEEEEERY carefully.:mrgreen:
Cheers, Field Marshal.

Gunner
12-28-2009, 06:48 PM
It's been done to me in the past,including a full plumage drake gadwall that I had plans to put on the wall.After the 3 1/2 got through with it you could put your fist through the hole!I got even. Gunner

longshot
12-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Yep it's been done a few times. Sucks when a whole large flock of birds come nice and close and dad and I shoot the same bird! They turn into HOLY ducks/geese. :-D

jr.

HailCall
12-28-2009, 07:09 PM
It will only happen once no need to beat up the meat like that if they do it twice they are cleaning it and taking it home I am not eating steel,.

Ian F.
12-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Now that partner of yours would be a good sea ducker! Keep shooting 'em (sea ducks) till you see the X's on their eyes!

heyblast
12-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Happened twice. First time my first duck, Greenwing Teal, Dad and I both shot about 20 yds., 2 Model 12's full chocks there was nothing to save. Second I shot a Mallard she folds and drops, my buddy shots it again, he got a new a-- ripped into him for that.

Duck Buster
12-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Seems to be the only way that he who shall not be named can consistently get birds, that and his dog stealing them.....:mrgreen:

303Brit
12-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Sometimes, usually it's becuase "they" thought it was going to flutter into the long grass and such. Since I don't hunt with a dog I usually try not to get bent about it. Unless it's plain as day that the bird was done in and landing in the middle of the field.

Theo722
12-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Brunswick foreshore, a "pass shooter" sits down with his girlfriend and a shotgun 30 yards to our 10 oclock and starts leaching off of our decoy's and calling. Two come in which me and my buddy fold one of each and on the way down the darling uncorks 2 rounds at one of the plummeting birds. I had some words.

heyblast
12-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Can I guess what the word's were.

Theo722
12-29-2009, 10:50 AM
Translated it was " please don't do that anymore, there's two of us and you're in range "

mildcustom2
12-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Brunswick foreshore, a "pass shooter" sits down with his girlfriend and a shotgun 30 yards to our 10 oclock and starts leaching off of our decoy's and calling. Two come in which me and my buddy fold one of each and on the way down the darling uncorks 2 rounds at one of the plummeting birds. I had some words.

I was tempted to plug that snow goose one more time after you shot it yesterday but thought better of it. Kinda a respect thing.

Thanx for a fun day hunting.

heyblast
12-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Very polite I must say. I fear I may worded it slightly different.

Gateholio
12-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Anything worth shooting once, is worth shooting twice. Or three times...:wink:

Marc
12-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Anybody else on this site have partners who insist on shooting already falling ducks???:confused: Next time I'm sorting them VEEEEERY carefully.:mrgreen:
Cheers, Field Marshal.

Good I hate that, almost as bad as those who shoot at the same duck I'm aiming at a split second before I do.:mrgreen:

Seems to be the only way that he who shall not be named can consistently get birds, that and his dog stealing them.....:mrgreen:

My dog has been known to pick up a spare duck or two.:mrgreen:

All joking aside, I've never intentionally shot others birds once they are hit unless there is a fear of losing a bird, but it has happened to me on the odd occasion where I may have accidentally double shot someone else's bird.

field marshal
12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
:confused: The ODD occasion :confused: ????
Cheers Field Marshal.