PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

newhunterette
12-27-2009, 08:55 PM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/VixenII_LightStuff.jpg

I was so surprised

Biggest challenge was if I would be able to load it so I gave it a try last night and piece of cake for me so now I have a chance to practise with it until next season and I am gonna give bow hunting a try :)

Guess my recurves will be retired as wall art :)

HailCall
12-27-2009, 09:03 PM
That will definately knockem down what is the poundage on that bad boy. 150?? We need a disablitly note from a dr to hutn with em here during archery but I know a few guys that do and they are deadly with em out to 50 or 60 yards.

303Brit
12-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Nice looking piece of kit.

d6dan
12-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Nice looking rig Ali. Are you trying to squeeze a couple extra weeks of hunting in?.:wink:

M.Dean
12-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Holy Sh**, Nice present! I got socks and underwear from Wall-Mart???

The Dawg
12-27-2009, 09:20 PM
:)

Guess my recurves will be retired as wall art :)

Dont go that far....just send em' to me- I will use them :D

Dragginbait
12-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Nice !!!

I saw a video of the owner of Excalibur, drop an elephant with a crossbow, it was pretty impressive.
I'm sure your gonna have fun with your new toy.

newhunterette
12-27-2009, 09:34 PM
That will definately knockem down what is the poundage on that bad boy. 150?? We need a disablitly note from a dr to hutn with em here during archery but I know a few guys that do and they are deadly with em out to 50 or 60 yards.

here are the stats:
Velocity:285 FPS
Draw Weight:150 lbs.
Power Stroke:13.5"
Mass Weight:5.9 lbs.
Overall Length:35.5"Arrow
Length:20"Arrow
Weight:325
GrainsStock Type:TraditionalFinish: Realtree Hardwoods HDArrow speeds obtained using 350 grain arrow and optional 1989 Flemish Dyna Flight String

Nice looking rig Ali. Are you trying to squeeze a couple extra weeks of hunting in?.:wink:
hehehehe get a few before rifle season and a few after rifle season - in this house whats good for the Gander is also good for the Goose (if he knows what's good for him hehehehehe)

Holy Sh**, Nice present! I got socks and underwear from Wall-Mart???
well we will all rest easier knowing you will have fresh feet and a fresh OH MY ummmmmm where was I going with this um - thanks

Dont go that far....just send em' to me- I will use them :D
Steve, I have 2 recurves that are collectables now but I also have 1 checkmate take down recurve which Peter would love to sell - you know how to reach me

mikeinajeep
12-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Great TOY!! I love mine, if I may tell you what I have spent money to learn. Don't shoot anything but fire bolts from excal (about $90 lost at wal-mart for arrows at are way to light), don't bother with any kind of limb savers they just blow apart (about $45 us at monster jacks.com)|. If it was put together at the shop for you take it apart and lock tight the scope mounts and rings. (about $ 30 when my scope came loss after shooting all day and I put one in to a wall).I think I have worked the bugs out now but it took awhile. Deck wax alot and have a great time.

huntwriter
12-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Great gift. Excalibur is the way to go for crossbows. Fred and Joan are great people to deal with. The next time you and your hubby are in the area give me a shout and we can meet for a coffee at Timi's or my home, just two minutes from the Powderkeg.:mrgreen:

greybark
12-28-2009, 01:14 PM
:confused: Oh No , Does this mean that when you and Peter drop in at Rock Ck that I have to tidy the trailer , make the bed , pick-up and kleen the floor and have a selection of Hors doeuvres ready ???????
Cheers and good luck with your crossbow !!!!

dabat
12-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I want one! Told myself that if I do keep my resolution this year(quit smoking), I will reward myself by bow season.

bowboy
12-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Great to hear another hunter is giving bow hunting a try. Once you shoot something with a bow its hard to go back to a rifle. Good luck next season.

Brew
12-28-2009, 01:26 PM
You will love that thing. Extremely accurate. One thing for sure though is you will want to buy a rifle sling for it. Thats what I discovered very quickly with mine.

newhunterette
12-28-2009, 01:40 PM
:confused: Oh No , Does this mean that when you and Peter drop in at Rock Ck that I have to tidy the trailer , make the bed , pick-up and kleen the floor and have a selection of Hors doeuvres ready ???????
Cheers and good luck with your crossbow !!!!

what the heck tidy the trailer for what - not just for lil ole me, never just have cold beer :)

do ya think I am gonna tidy my camp for y'all forget it - oh okay maybe just a tad bit lol

Bowzone_Mikey
12-28-2009, 02:46 PM
while it hurts my heart to see you with one of them sideways units ... I am glad that it will get you back out ...up close and personal where the real hunting is

Practice hard .. hunt easy .. and most of all have fun while doing it

moosinaround
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Bout time you started gettin spoiled!! Cuda, Leupy spottin scopes X-bolt rifle?? Way to be Ali!! Moosin

Duckman
01-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Pulling the string on an Excal by hand is beyond me. But the Excal Rope Cocker is fantastic! Best $25 accessory out there.

x2 on getting a sling.

Careful of the quiver, mine has a tendency to drop arrows in the bush.

Enjoy!

mikeinajeep
01-04-2010, 06:01 AM
I chucked my quiver and got a $20 hip quiver.
X3 sling 3" wide one is nice

Will
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Congrats......now go Poke something:-D

Duckman
01-05-2010, 02:37 AM
I chucked my quiver and got a $20 hip quiver.
X3 sling 3" wide one is nice

which quiver model was that and where did you get it? I am considering doing the same...

mikeinajeep
01-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I got it at Dart and Tackle in Chilliwack. I put new stronger tubes with plugs in them to go with the shorter arrows and it works great! Holds everything you might need like cocking aid and extra string. I like it alot and the crossbow is better without it!