PDA

View Full Version : I went fishing with a legend- Part 4

Dirty
12-27-2009, 06:17 PM
I went fishing with a legend for the 4th time today. We went looking for cutties on the mainstem Fraser. It was an awesome day to be out on the water. We had no success for the cutties though. However, we have some sweet spots staked out for when the fry emerge. We realized there were redds everywhere when " THE SWEDE" rolled his ankle in one as we trampled through them.

In addition, he taught me how to spey cast with my new to me spey rod and reel and new skagit head and running line I got for Christmas. Within 3 casts I was belting out Snap-T's with the best of them. Within 15 minutes I was ripping out 90 footers like nobodies business (We measured because we were amazed at how far I could cast for a beginner). I guess I am just a natural, or Swede is just a good teacher. Man, anybody that can't cast a spey rod is a loser, it is sooo easy! I can't wait to jag a big steelhead while swinging a fly.

Furthermore, I am cool:mrgreen:, that is all.

Salty
12-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I thought spey was ghey :confused:

lol. Glad you had a nice day on the river :-D I notice that people don't bug for pics as much on the fish forum, so. ..

britman101
12-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Good to hear you were having some fun with the spey rod. IMO the door to a wild, rewarding and maddening style of fly fishing has just opened for you. The next step is to start catching some fish with the spey rod. If you really want to learn the ins and outs of spey from A to Z, take a wander over to speypages.com. And if you have been truly bitten by the bug, then you will know what they mean when they say "the madness has just begun".

frenchbar
12-27-2009, 06:56 PM
A LEGEND :mrgreen:should have got you into a little cuttie action:)

Salty
12-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Legendary, uh, never mind . lol

ElkMasterC
12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Does this mean you've been "speyed".
Uh oh.

ElkMasterC
12-27-2009, 07:26 PM
[quote=Dirty;588532] We realized there were redds everywhere when " THE SWEDE" rolled his ankle in one as we trampled through them.[/quo

Oh, and I'm glad you're joking.
Cuz only a **** wad would do that.

THE SWEDE
12-27-2009, 07:59 PM
LOL My student is pretty full of himself..What he didnt mention is i have to tie all his knots..He did pick up the basic casts really quick.Awsome day to get out and run the boat.Cutties can be a curse:cry:There on day gone the next.Oh well It'll only get better in the coming weeks

P.S There was no stomping through redds:-D

Salty
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
LOL My student is pretty full of himself..What he didnt mention is i have to tie all his knots..

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Ig%2BIruN-L._SS500_.jpg

300WinMag
12-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Were you guys anywhere near Harrison Bay? I am wondering if I can get in and out of the Kilby launch or if I need to launch on the mainstem fraser. Last year at this time there was a little too much ice in the bay and in and around the Kilby launch.

Dirty
12-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Don't know about Kilby. We were fishing down by the Port Mann Bridge.

I am a little boastful because PGK can't spey cast. :mrgreen: The redds thing was a joke too. We did burn outs with the jet boat on them, we never walked through them. :-D

Stone Sheep Steve
12-27-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm sure THE SWEDE is a great teacher for spey casting. I'm picturing the pottery wheel scene from Ghost:-D.

I sat home and ate:?.

SSS

shoot to kill
12-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm sure THE SWEDE is a great teacher for spey casting. I'm picturing the pottery wheel scene from Ghost:-D.

I sat home and ate:?.

SSS

what did you have? bcrams tube steak smothered in undies?

Salty
12-27-2009, 10:57 PM
k im gna seelhd fsh tmrw. iv nvr bin thr. got8 frm ggl rth. bfn