PDA

View Full Version : Fletching jig help?

Franko Manini
12-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Gents and Ladies,

Does anyone in the Victoria area have a straight Bitzenburger clamp I could borrow for a few days? My boys both got new bows and the arrows need to be fletched. Since their arrows are so light, my left helical clamp won't work on the shafts.

I have one coming from the US, but I'd like to get the boys shooting proper arrows as soon as possible.

If you've got one I could borrow, I'd be glad to leave you with a deposit.

Thanks folks.

greybark
12-26-2009, 10:27 PM
:-D Hey Franko , with three of you launching arrows I suggest you get a "Jo-Jan" . With its speed you wont regret it ....
Happy New Year

Will
12-27-2009, 10:30 AM
If you were closer to the interior I'd say come on over and take one of mine...........
But here's a bump at least:wink:

Bow Walker
12-27-2009, 10:51 AM
My jig is one of those 'plastic' models with a magnet like a Bitz - plus my clamp is r. helical, otherwise you'd be welcome.

If you don't mind a right helical you can borrow the whole jig. It's set up on a 12" x 12" piece of plywood. Very portable.

Franko Manini
12-27-2009, 06:31 PM
My jig is one of those 'plastic' models with a magnet like a Bitz - plus my clamp is r. helical, otherwise you'd be welcome.

If you don't mind a right helical you can borrow the whole jig. It's set up on a 12" x 12" piece of plywood. Very portable.

Thanks for the offer, but these shafts are such a small diameter, they require a straight fletching.

Thanks for the bumps guys!

tomahawk
12-27-2009, 07:26 PM
I have a straight 3 arrow jig, live in Nanaimo if that works for you?

Bowzone_Mikey
12-28-2009, 09:59 AM
pick up a BPE (thats what walker has I am sure) otherwise .. have you looked at an Arizona EZ fletch? for those small shafts ... I use one for my Daughters 1214 Jazz Shafts

Bow Walker
12-28-2009, 06:24 PM
BPE is what I use, zMikey is right.

Frank - I've fletched my Gold Tip carbons (fairly skinny shafts) with the helical clamp, and with success too. I adjust the 'offset' to compensate for the 'helical'....this keeps the base of the fletch on the arrow shaft - all along the length of the fletch base.

OOBuck
12-28-2009, 06:32 PM
pick up a BPE (thats what walker has I am sure) otherwise .. have you looked at an Arizona EZ fletch? for those small shafts ... I use one for my Daughters 1214 Jazz Shafts

X2 on the Arizona

Grantmac
12-28-2009, 11:37 PM
I think I'm gonna pick me up one of those Arizona jigs tomorrow. I have a standard clamp arrangement with helical and I just don't have the time or patience to do them one feather at a time.

-Grant

Franko Manini
12-29-2009, 12:42 AM
BPE is what I use, zMikey is right.

Frank - I've fletched my Gold Tip carbons (fairly skinny shafts) with the helical clamp, and with success too. I adjust the 'offset' to compensate for the 'helical'....this keeps the base of the fletch on the arrow shaft all along the length of the fletch base.

Maybe I'll have another go of it. If it doesn't work, I'll look at the Arizona.

Grantmac
12-30-2009, 11:47 PM
I got the Arizona yesterday and I fletched some PSE X-weave 100s (pretty skinny) tonight.

It was the fastest and easiest fletching I've done. Making sure I got an even glue bead was the hardest part.

It may not be the best for refletching, but it's one hell of a good tool for making up a bunch of arrows. Doesn't take-up any space or require a solid mount like a clamp either.

-Grant