PDA

View Full Version : New Bows for the kids!

Franko Manini
12-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey folks,

My boys received new archery equipment for Xmas this year. They are 6 and 3.5 years old, and thanks to The Hermit, they are sporting a couple of new bows!

Aidan, the youngest got a nice little "First Shot" kit from Bear Archery that will get him into the game early. Liam was treated to a beautiful ChekMate longbow. It's a 20#, 54" piece of art, with amazing colour and finish. When Liam moves up to a heavier bow, Aidan can take over the CheckMate longbow. Hermit got it designed as an ambidextrous handle so the boys can use it regardless of their handedness (dominant eye). Both the guys were over the moon with their new kit.

Dad has to get some arrows fletched in the next few days (anyone got a bitzenburger straight clamp I can borrow for a few days?) and then we're ready to go. For now, we can shoot the arrows from my Olympic recurve.

Special thanks to Hermit for passing on his love of the sport to my boys, and for being such a positive influentce in my life and my family's.

A more true friend could not be found.

HailCall
12-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Thats awesome Kudos for gettting them started at an early age. People that teach their kids how to hunt won't have to hunt for their kids. Congrats.
Seth