PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas

heyblast
12-25-2009, 09:25 PM
It looks like my wife and I are heading to Cabelas tomorrow. Any suggestions on how to see this store. I'm thinking 2 to 3 hours leave then come back for the second round. What I want is to look for more decoys to increase the species # in my decoy spread. I may check out Blindman's list of stores as well, but who's been to Cabela's and how do you see this store.

Crazy_Farmer
12-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Well you find a parking spot, enter the store, a sharp left will bring you to the bathrooms, lord knows after a long drive you'll have to go. Return to the front door. You now have three options of getting to the second level.

a)hit the stairs to your left
b)walk straight past the giant mountain of taxidermy and ride the escalator up
c)walk past the giant massive mountain range of taxidermy and get a ride up the elevator.

Once on the second level you no matter how you came up you will be facing straight ahead the rack apon rack of guns...semis, pumps, sxs, o/u, ugly ones, pretty ones, expensive ones. Try not to walk around with drool coming out as the locals stare at you funny and wont let you fondle the guns. Just before you make it to the gun racks, the wife will probably start pulling on your jacket to steer you in another cheaper direction.

Its a scientific fact that most wifes will pull on your left side which will force you to veer left of the guns and bring you right into the waterfowl section. If you bring a compass with you or possibly on your way in find one, the waterfowl section will be on the most south-eastern section of the building. Kindof like the great migration of birds, just like them we must travel south-east to get to the goods.

Once filling up the shopping cart. o wait I didnt mention that, go back down the stairs find the largest shopping cart or even better find one of those forklifts with a large pallet on the front end and bring it back to the waterfowl section. Note you will need to use the elevator to get it to the 2nd level

Load up all the things you've ever wanted, if the wife starts yelling about all the money you're spending tell her to go to the north west section of the bottom floor where all the housing decorations are which will keep her there for hours unaware of all the stuff you already loaded into the back of the truck.

Once you've got the decoys, and blinds, and calls and clothing, and waders on your pallet drive over to the cafeteria in the north west section of the 2nd floor. Order whatever you want, its quite good, you will then reach the cafeteria cashier.

Normally a man will greet you, probably named charlie or dick, who appears to be the ripe old age of 117 years young. He will take your $10 american bill and for the next 4 minutes will try to give you back 3 dollars and 43 cents back all in pennys and nickels.

After that leave the store with a huge hole in your pocket and wallet. And if you're lucky and if you spend enough Cabelas will send you their cataloges in actual hardbound books not just the thin rippable pages. You may now start a collection sort of like an encyclopedia set.

That is how you do this store.

Farmer John
12-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Don't neglect the gun library...Spend some quality time in there...

Buck
12-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Yes that is the way to see that store.But maybe you want to compare prices? Just go back to exit 111 and cross the I-5 and you will see Sportsmans warehouse or it may be Wholesale sports now.Prepare to stay there another couple of hours while you check and compare prices on other absolutely necessary waterfowling eguipment.If the wife is not happy just drop her off at Costco or the giant Walmart good hunting

Sitkaspruce
12-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Cabelas is pretty cool and has a ton of stuff. You will be kept busy for hours, but do not forget to check out SportCo in Fife. You will drive right by it on your way to the big C.

Make sure you know your prices. We bought stuff from both and they both had great deals.

It is kind of an old style wharehouse, with stuff on cement floors and clothes, boots and stuff scattered around, but had better prices on a lot of things, also has a 10% off deal if you become a member. We were lucky and a guy gave us his membership for when we purchased the stuff, We just had to pay in cash since the card name and membership were not the same.

http://www.sportco.com/

Where ever you go, have fun and enjoy the day.

Cheers

SS

KB90
12-25-2009, 10:23 PM
These stores are ridiculous I could wander around them from opening to closing. I just got back from florida and got limited to only 2 hours in the huge Basspro :( It flew by..... Your gunna need the whole day :)

f350ps
12-25-2009, 11:40 PM
CrazyFarmer pretty much nailed, the only thing I could add is leave your wife at the mall. K

12-26-2009, 01:11 AM
CrazyFarmer pretty much nailed, the only thing I could add is leave your wife at the mall. K

hahahaha,
yep.
every time I go to cabelas I wish I had more time. you need at least a whole day in there.

HailCall
12-26-2009, 01:23 AM
I come from where Cabelas was born. Now the do have awesome trophy rooms and a nice fine gun room but their decoy prices are fair at best. Rogers sporting goods in Missourri is far better and even with shipping you would likely do better than Cabelas. I would check out the fish tanks also they have alot of local species at least in our 3 stores. Cabelas has their own line of products and it can either be a great bargain on some of it. Check any products you buy very carefully in the bargain cave alot of times they are all most all returns and with cabelas no hassle returns you never know what you might be getting you might save a buck but alot of times it is a final as is sale.

12-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f350ps http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=587526#post587526)

Speaking of which, what happened to the wife unit you left in house decorations?? Let me guess, she found a bigger fork lift.....LOL

heyblast
12-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys. I figured it'd be an all day adventure but I only want to buy some more decoys so it shouldn't take that long,right. Of course I'm just kidding myself and my wife will find a mall somewhere if she dosn't see anything of interest at Cabelas.

humble hunter
12-26-2009, 09:46 AM

I am thinking leaving her at home at work to help offset the large credit card bill.

Pete
12-26-2009, 11:24 AM
I was at Cabelas a week ago. We bought nothing the first night. What we did is take note of the prices and the sales. Next morning we went over to the Black Sheep and then over to Wholesale Sports. Wholesale sports beat Cabelas almost hands down in everything that we were looking for. I was looking for a new pair of waders. They were $40 cheaper in Wholesale than in Cabelas. Yes we did buy some items at Cabelas but you have to know your prices and shop around.