PDA

View Full Version : First BH sheep down

bozzdrywall
12-24-2009, 04:12 PM
It was a cold dec morning me and a good friend of mine sfire were out hunting elk in the ek. After a couple of days hunting elk we were lucky enough to get one a big 6x6 bull. All the while we were hunting elk i was looking for sheep in the high peaks that surrounded us i have seen a couple of nice rams so when we got back to camp after packing out our elk we made a plan to hunt sheep for the rest of the trip. The plan was to get up at 3am and start out. Hopeful we could get above the sheep befor they woke up. So we load up our gear and tryed to get some sleep. I was so restless i think i might have slept for 20min. tops. 3am rolls around and we are off. After a long hike we stop for some breakfast and a quick glass of our sorroundings as its just getting light enough to see iam looking above us were we are going and sfire is looking on to the vally we hope to get above. When all of a sudden SHEEP 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 as sfire sets up the spotter we count 3 rams one looks to be a book one so off with the packs and its go time it was a hell hike to get to were they were. I must have been running on nitro because i think i only stopped once for some water. I took forever to get to the spot the rams were and of corse they were gone. We start to glass some more and sfire see the big one just go over the ridge we are off again this time iam thinking its going to be a good thing we are going to be above them when we crest the ridge. It took an hour to get to the top of the ridge as we crawl over the top their they were out at 200 yrds bedded down. I took a matter of sec. to find the big one just behind a rock so we set up for the shot. I lay the mighty 300wsm down on my jacket and get ready to wait for the perfect shot on a perfect animal. We must have watched the rams for well over and hour befor they started getting up still the ram i wanted was still sound asleep. We here rocks falling from above so we take a look to our right and there are 2 guys sitting there watching the hole thing go down. By time i turned back to the rams my ram was already to book out of there so with out a moments notice i took aim and sent the pill to put him down. The shot rang out for miles as the bullet found its mark. After i stopped shaking we found my ram with the binos he was down not 10 feet from were his bed was. The other 2 guys that were beside us did not even come down to talk to us the just left as fast as they came. sfire and i were so happy hugging high fives and all. The walk down to the ram was unreal i just shot my first ram and it was a hog. We cleaned up capped it out and started back to our gear witch was a long ways away. Then out of now were I WOKE UP shit another dream thanks to all the hbc post i have been reading. Hope to make the story a reality in the near future. Thanks to all for giving me the sheep bug now iam hooked with just a couple of dreams

bozzdrywall
12-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Sorry about the grammer and no pics hard to take pictures of dreams but belive me he was huge

tomahawk
12-24-2009, 04:17 PM
You bugger, I wondered why there was no pictures attached!!

12-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Nasty, I can't believe you dream of Sfire ....... give your head a shake !

CT

pescado
12-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Congrats on a good hunt bozz. I think you mean sept. not Dec? I had a similar elk hunt in the E.K. We got the bull but others were there. Can be busy place.

d6dan
12-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Sorry about the grammer and no pics hard to take pictures of dreams but belive me he was huge

Paragraphs work too!!:-D

BlacktailStalker
12-24-2009, 04:48 PM
lol thats funny, good dream to have :)

Dirty
12-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Did you eat ice cream before bed?

frenchbar
12-24-2009, 04:56 PM
My eye balls hurt after that read.. thanks for that bozzy..i better have a few more shots!

bozzdrywall
12-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Sorry about the read iam no good at the grammer thing. but its all your guys is fault for getting me hooked

d6dan
12-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Sorry about the read iam no good at the grammer thing. but its all your guys is fault for getting me hooked

Hey, If you had a school teacher for a mother:eek:, you would know what i go through!:-D

Mik
12-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Great story, had me going! I'm thinking I too have the sheep bug. Gotta get one before the knees give out. Merry Christmas.

blackbart
12-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Good on ya for spinning us a yarn.

Never did know a drywaller that was reel gud at anglish.

bigben
12-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Absolutely priceless good luck on your sheep ventures when your not dreaming ........great story hope it happens this way .......bono fortuna

bozzdrywall
12-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Good on ya for spinning us a yarn.

Never did know a drywaller that was reel gud at anglish.
The hardest thing to do on a drywall crew is pass grade 3:-D

RiverOtter
12-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey that's a 1/4 grade 12..........

sfire436
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Nasty, I can't believe you dream of Sfire ....... give your head a shake !

CT

Easy now!!!

BCRiverBoater
01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Funny how dreaming about sheep is okay for a grown man! Then it is even better if you share it publicly! Try that after dreaming about the wife's best friend or sister. :)