PDA

View Full Version : Any Bowfisherman out there

HailCall
12-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Is it legal in Canada? We do a bunch of it here in nebraska and what a blast set up the boat with halogen lights 3500 watts run a generator and hit em at night also during the day during the spawn it is a high shooting sport out my way for common carp, buffalo, and gar. Would eb really cool to do some sea bowfishing for shallow water species.

MOOSE MILK
12-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I have shot carp and gar near London Ont. London Bowmen used to put on a CARP SHOOT and sell the fish to make some finances for the club. The Juish people would line up to purchase the fish but it had to be still kickin' or they didn't want it. You are right it is a blast!!!

log_roller
12-25-2009, 08:40 AM
Is it legal in Canada? We do a bunch of it here in nebraska and what a blast set up the boat with halogen lights 3500 watts run a generator and hit em at night also during the day during the spawn it is a high shooting sport out my way for common carp, buffalo, and gar. Would eb really cool to do some sea bowfishing for shallow water species.

do you have any pictures sound like a ton of fun :mrgreen:

Wild one
12-25-2009, 09:37 AM
I have shot carp here in the lower mainland but it is not that popular. I have not done it for years but plan to give it ago again this summer.

HailCall
12-25-2009, 09:47 AM
i will dig some pictues up. Seth

Foxtail
12-25-2009, 02:00 PM
I believe the only fish it it legal to bow fish in bc is the carp... I may be wrong though.

MikeH
12-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I want to try bow fishing would be a blast love to bow fish salmon:) would be a hoot!Where did ya bowfish for carp in the LML Wild one?

lilhoss
12-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Right out of the fishing regs.I wanted to give it a try here on the Island for chum,coho,in the rivers,but only the natives are allowed.

spear fish

… means to fish with a spear or

an arrow that is propelled by a spring, an
elastic band, compressed air, a bow or by
hand. Only non-game fish (such as carp)
may be speared, except burbot which may
also be speared in Regions 3, 5, 6, 7 and
8. No spear fishing of any other game fish
(as defined on page 96), pacific salmon or
protected species (page 10) is permitted
anywhere in B.C. No spear fishing of any
kind is permitted in Region 1.

Onesock
12-31-2009, 08:54 AM
I tried it once for halibut but only got a few. It isn't worth all the work!!

Stone Sheep Steve
12-31-2009, 09:04 AM
I've never done it myself but know guys that used to do it.
Right around May long weekend the carp are gathering in the shallows on Duck Lake just north of the Kelowna airport. Tonnes of fish!
Would be fun to try one day.

SSS

pilsnerhunter
01-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I believe the only fish it it legal to bow fish in bc is the carp... I may be wrong though.

ya i checked in to it and only non game fish