PDA

View Full Version : freezer repair

recoil
12-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know of a place to get a very large deep freeze repaired, it has lost it's charge recently. Luckily the only thing in it at the time was a head which i was planning to do a euro mount on anyways.

It is about 6.5' x 3' wide and i really don't want to just throw it away. I called one place and they said it was a waste of time to fix. Can anyone recommend a business that could possibly help?

421fighter
12-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi. If you are in the lower mainland ( you have no location listed on HBC) keep an eye on Craigslist free stuff. There are usually one or two a week listed. Some small, some not so, There are other locations of free stuff as well, but not so much stuff given away. I have had 3 good working freezers from there. All still working, I might add. Dave

recoil
12-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks 421, i was just going to edit and mention that indeed in am looking for something in the Vancouver to Chilliwack area. I believe craigslist is where i found the one i currently have but after 4 years or so of use it's toast.

sparkes3
12-24-2009, 03:16 PM
i got one from c l a little while ago its not the prettiest but i dont need it any more its yours if you want it im in surrey needs a new end on the cord or just join it what ever you want to do i will help you load it if you want it.p.s its BIG.

Summit 512
12-24-2009, 03:23 PM
What a nice guy Sparkes3.....Merry Christmas to you and your family

Steeleco
12-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Don't forget you can, if you've the means. Take it to the transfer station for free.

Top marks for you Sparkes!!!

recoil
12-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Sparkes, thank you very much for your offer! I was not expecting that! It doesnt have to be pretty just functional.

And Merry Christmas to all on HBC!