PDA

View Full Version : Re: Thanks for nothing

beer hunter
12-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Alright guys, me getting a nice first deer without too much effort seems to have gotten under a lot of peoples skin. now just because I had a better season than some of you is no reason to go all old woman on me.
If you have something nice or constructive to say I would love to hear it if not then just keep it to yourself, its just bad sportsmanship. I hope you don't pass this attitude on to all the future hunters you encounter or our sport really is going to die off like PETA says. so what say we just keep this a friendly hunting site where we can all just help each other and admire each others victories instead of turning it into just another internet bitch site.

Cheers

Ambush
12-23-2009, 10:10 PM
No; you getting a deer didn't get under folks skin.

It was just you.

Hank Hunter
12-23-2009, 10:12 PM

It was just you.

Exactly, you posted the gloating thread to begin with.

beer hunter
12-23-2009, 10:13 PM

It was just you.

Wow, apparently you didn't read my whole post

beer hunter
12-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Exactly, you posted the gloating thread to begin with.

Who doesn't gloat when they get one like that??
Do you harp on everyone who gets a nice one or is it just the new guys?

Jelvis
12-23-2009, 10:16 PM
What deer is that btw let's see the deer firstly
and if like hank hunter says is true and ambush -- you might be
Jel -- we'll give you one more chance to redeem thyself - lol -

Ambush
12-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Wow, apparently you didn't read my whole post
But I did read your first post. And I had a better season than you, so it's not petty jealousy.

chainsaw
12-23-2009, 10:17 PM
beer hunter nice buck good for you.

Jelvis
12-23-2009, 10:18 PM
right on ambush, coming back with a perfect counter

Hank Hunter
12-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Who doesn't gloat when they get one like that??
Do you harp on everyone who gets a nice one or is it just the new guys?

Congrats on the deer, but I think people harp on your attitude not your success

Cariboospeed
12-23-2009, 10:21 PM
*edit* Oh sorry I didn't realize this was a chest thumper thread...
Carry on.

Jelvis
12-23-2009, 10:22 PM
hank (the shank) hunter with a kidney shot after feigning a stiff right, pow,
that body shot hurt the belly of the beer drinker.

digger dogger
12-23-2009, 10:25 PM
your kidding right? you are the one who posted the thread, it's probably someone elses pic.. my kid had a better season than you.. are you jealous?

beer hunter
12-23-2009, 10:30 PM
hank (the shank) hunter with a kidney shot after feigning a stiff right, pow,
that body shot hurt the belly of the beer drinker.

Well sorry about the attitude but I was just giving back what I received.
I know that was wrong but I was so excited about my first buck and all I got
was grief (sorry to all of you that were supportive) from a select few grumps
that that is what came through. I humbly apologize to those that see this for what it is and lets all be friends

Islandeer
12-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Here's the deal Beerbuoy, new hunters need to do way more listening than yappin. Period. You will learn more this way. So you shot a good buck this year,good for you. Real hunters don't boast. Pay attention grasshopper .... :wink: and merry Christmas.

Will
12-23-2009, 10:33 PM
No worries and how's about some Better pics of that Buck :-D

beer hunter
12-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Here's the deal Beerbuoy, new hunters need to do way more listening than yappin. Period. You will learn more this way. So you shot a good buck this year,good for you. Real hunters don't boast. Pay attention grasshopper .... :wink: and merry Christmas.

Every "real" hunter I know always boasts about the really nice ones, hence all the pictures on this site,so??? I don't have a problem with listening as long as it is not to a bunch of stuff posted by people without any knowledge of the facts. I like a little good hearted ribbing and there are those of you that are here for just that kind of good sportsmanship but as you yourself know there are others here who just need to bitch about something.
Heaven help the next generation.

pete_k
12-23-2009, 10:58 PM
ha..awesome!

Jelvis
12-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Hey listen up, whoa... I'm not sure what buck you got but if it's your first ever big buck, then we can understand where your coming from, where you been, and where your going with that, have a beer on us, but like well
Let's see the photo of your buck..
Jel--photo of your first big one.

ramron
12-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Nice buck beer hunter, now lets see some more pictures.

bsa30-06
12-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Congrats on the deer, but I think people harp on your attitude not your success

Exactly what you said.

d6dan
12-23-2009, 11:07 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2437&d=1261263284

Jel
Here's the only pic.. We have been waiting for more:confused: but no luck yet:neutral:

OutWest
12-23-2009, 11:08 PM

I hope you do actually do mean new hunters and not new members :).

PGK
12-23-2009, 11:14 PM
I'll tell you who doesn't gloat when they shoot deer like yours. Ambush, todbartell, gus, gatehouse, stone sheep steve, bcrams, hunter1947, kootenayelkslayer, bridger and a whole lot of the rest of the forum that I don't have time to list. Your attitude sucks, and I hate it when people ask for a handout. There is no better feeling in hunting than doing the research yourself and having it pay off bigtime. You got lucky, now go google the term modesty.

Jelvis
12-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey yah I saw that picture put on by d6 and it is a unique buck, and for a first, it's unbelieve able. Wow a once in a life time for many.
Jel -- hey it's a brute

beer hunter
12-24-2009, 12:08 AM
I'll tell you who doesn't gloat when they shoot deer like yours. Ambush, todbartell, gus, gatehouse, stone sheep steve, bcrams, hunter1947, kootenayelkslayer, bridger and a whole lot of the rest of the forum that I don't have time to list. Your attitude sucks, and I hate it when people ask for a handout. There is no better feeling in hunting than doing the research yourself and having it pay off bigtime. You got lucky, now go google the term modesty.

Hmmmm, I wonder how you would even know they got any animals if they didn't post pictures and tell you stories about how they got them, must be psychic. BTW how did you find your first hunting areas, just bought a gun and wandered off by yourself into the woods or maybe someone with some experience took you under their wing and taught you some stuff and maybe showed you some of their areas. And perhaps you can tell me one hunter who has not gotten at least one animal by just pure dumb luck.

Hank Hunter
12-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder how you would even know they got any animals if they didn't post pictures and tell you stories about how they got them, must be psychic. BTW how did you find your first hunting areas, just bought a gun and wandered off by yourself into the woods or maybe someone with some experience took you under their wing and taught you some stuff and maybe showed you some of their areas. And perhaps you can tell me one hunter who has not gotten at least one animal by just pure dumb luck.

You obviously still dont get it. There are lots of people on here who have gone out of their way to help newbies but no one wants to help someone with a p**s poor attitude

bsa30-06
12-24-2009, 12:28 AM
BTW how did you find your first hunting areas, just bought a gun and wandered off by yourself into the woods. And perhaps you can tell me one hunter who has not gotten at least one animal by just pure dumb luck.

As a matter of fact thats exactly what i did, and my first animal was pure dumb luck.I did so much wrong on that first animal its a wonder it was still standing there after i got my gun and loaded it.

beer hunter
12-24-2009, 12:30 AM
You obviously still dont get it. There are lots of people on here who have gone out of their way to help newbies but no one wants to help someone with a p**s poor attitude

But that is the point, I didn't start out here with a p**s poor attitude.
I started out with a good happy go lucky attitude and got dragged down by a bunch of people obviously mad at the world for whatever their situation is and willing to take it out on anyone they can. I started out asking for maybe a little help and the voice of experience and I must admit some people remembered when they were new and were helpful while others were not so much. (to be kind). look inward before lashing outward

CabinFever
12-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Sorry beer hunter but you can't start TWO threads titled "thanks for nothing" and not expect a little attitude thrown back your way. Nice deer though.

beer hunter
12-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Hey now, I did start it with "Re" lol. ok ok I get it

000buck
12-24-2009, 12:49 AM
yeah dude we do have the aforementioned hunting gods ... i'ld leave wayne out of it (1947) he's more down to earth but for the rest of us mortels ....Holy crap nice buck dude congrats.

Steeleco
12-24-2009, 12:49 AM
So from here on in lets all play nice. You came here not happy that folks wouldn't share the "hot spots" and then had the good fortune of getting an apparently nice buck. Good on you. Now folks want you to reciprocate and you find yourself not wanting to share, Ironic huh!!! Maybe now at least you understand the response you got to your first post.

I have given a few folks the exact spot where I've seen whitetails and when they returned empty handed they flat out called me a liar :-? I'm not so keen to share after that.

After all the animals are the only ones that know the real hot spots, it's up to us to figure out the mystery.

Lets all chill, enjoy the holiday and unwind K!!!!!

But it would be nice to see a few more pictures of your first critter, I know I took more than one picture of my first, you??? :confused::confused::wink:

d6dan
12-24-2009, 12:55 AM
But that is the point, I didn't start out here with a p**s poor attitude.
I started out with a good happy go lucky attitude and got dragged down by a bunch of people obviously mad at the world for whatever their situation is and willing to take it out on anyone they can. I started out asking for maybe a little help and the voice of experience and I must admit some people remembered when they were new and were helpful while others were not so much. (to be kind). look inward before lashing outward

You started out sounding like a d**k. Heres why. You admitted to failing twice on core before you passed, you tell an iffy joke , then you want to get down to business. You want a big buck, not a small one for your first deer?. You ask people for a good spot before the seasons over. All of this in 2 posts!. Maybe you should have said something about yourself?. Instead of getting pissed off when you didn't get things your way..
Lighten up and you'll probably get some help when you ask nicely:)

creakinbones
12-24-2009, 01:10 AM
This is good shit, keep it comin.

TheDuckinator
12-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Sorry beer hunter but you can't start TWO threads titled "thanks for nothing" and not expect a little attitude thrown back your way. Nice deer though.

That is why your getting the grief, not because you had horseshoes up the kazoo and got a decent buck. Great job on the buck, hope you have the same luck next year.

ElkMasterC
12-24-2009, 01:23 AM
I would love to see different angles as well.
Darn hard to try to get a B&C score with just that one angle.
Steeleco, you're right, I take LOTS of pics of my deer. Especially if that was my first!
I'd have a darn 16Gig card just full of pics, if that were me!
Post some more of that doozy, would ya BH?
Or just post up what that beast scored.
Great first deer!

Gateholio
12-24-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't usually post that I think that a picture is BS because often times it turns out it's not.

But in this case, I think that the one (poor) photo could have easily just been some scan of a buck from 1972...

I think that beer hunter wanted a reaction and got one, he's trolling.

Beer hunter, you clearly have a camera. Take some more pics of the rack (which I am sure you kept) and post them on another thread. Because this thread is done...