PDA

View Full Version : What 3D bow to buy

Ruger4
12-23-2009, 08:35 AM
My Mathews Drenalin has been my dual purpose bow ( hunting & 3D ) for the last couple years , now she's setup just for hunting and that'll be it. So....the 3D target bow selection begins ........... new Z7 ? New Hoyt ? New 7'' Monster ? not crazy on the traditional target bows , thinking more along these lines , maybe the new Destroyer 340 ? High Country ? APA ? shot most of them now, tough choice , 7" brace height , 30" + loop at 60lb + is where I'll be at ........... am interested in your opinions :mrgreen:

hardnocks
12-23-2009, 08:55 AM
have you shoot the monster?.. if you want a speed bow try a pse oman or apa king cobra . the high country speed pro is a really nice bow but i hear they are kaput . they are all good bows and will all shoot well. take your pick.

Ruger4
12-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Yes , I did shoot the monster, 6'' brace height , 60 # , 28 '' draw (demo) , 350 arrow at 338-342 fps , fast !

xtremearchery
12-23-2009, 09:20 AM
PSE X-Force 7 or 6. Both very smooth shooting bows. Nothing like the 09's. This bow is all the rage for the shooters in the states.... Again they had the product before us. Try it out! you'll love it. I know 2 shooters for sure will be shooting them at the abbotsford 3d indoor shoot. Just another plug for the shoot...lol

Bow Walker
12-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Speed bows allow for one pin shooting out to almost 40 yards. Speed forgives - misjudging yardage kills.

All those bows sound like they'd do the job for you....and you'd look good doing it!

Jonas111
12-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Bowtech 82cnd Airborne would work perfect. LOL!!!

Ruger4
12-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Bowtech 82cnd Airborne would work perfect. LOL!!!

ya but the guy wont **** nor get off the pot , what do ya do !!!:mrgreen:
he's probabaly scramblin to get his wife an anniversary gift :wink:

Jonas111
12-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Todays our anniversary and I am still with nothing. I have to head out this morning and get a card at least. I have been obssessed with archery lately and totally had no desire to go shopping anywhere else.

Too bad she doesn't want to shoot a bow, would be a great anniversary/Christmas gift. LOL.

:-D

willyqbc
12-24-2009, 01:20 PM
I have shot a lot of different 3D rigs and have come to the conclusion that sheer speed is not neccesarily the answer. Most of the fastest bows on the market come with 6" brace and some even less than that. 6" brace with 340+ speed is a recipe for a very unforgiving bow due to both the low brace and also these real snotty bows ability to turn what should be a properly spined arrow into a wet noodle. I briefly owned a 6" X-force and to get an arrow that would group to my standards I ended up with a very stiff heavy arrow and therefore lost the speed i was originally looking for. The best combination of speed and forgiveness i have found to date is the GT500 by Elite archery. It is over 35" ATA, over 7" brace and if you shoot loop and peep only (no kisser etc) you can expect to get 330fps at your draw length. My buddy shoots his like this at 55#'s and 29" draw, 5GPP arrow and is currently getting 320fps. The other great features of this bow are it has great let-off for a speed bow (80% if I recall) and it has draw stops on both cams that contact the limb, not the cable, this creates the hardest wall possible. In addition it balances very well and is very dead in the hand at the shot. For me it is the best combination of speed and forgiveness available today.

As always, just my opinion
Chris

Ruger4
12-24-2009, 09:54 PM
I have shot a lot of different 3D rigs and have come to the conclusion that sheer speed is not neccesarily the answer. Most of the fastest bows on the market come with 6" brace and some even less than that. 6" brace with 340+ speed is a recipe for a very unforgiving bow due to both the low brace and also these real snotty bows ability to turn what should be a properly spined arrow into a wet noodle. I briefly owned a 6" X-force and to get an arrow that would group to my standards I ended up with a very stiff heavy arrow and therefore lost the speed i was originally looking for. The best combination of speed and forgiveness i have found to date is the GT500 by Elite archery. It is over 35" ATA, over 7" brace and if you shoot loop and peep only (no kisser etc) you can expect to get 330fps at your draw length. My buddy shoots his like this at 55#'s and 29" draw, 5GPP arrow and is currently getting 320fps. The other great features of this bow are it has great let-off for a speed bow (80% if I recall) and it has draw stops on both cams that contact the limb, not the cable, this creates the hardest wall possible. In addition it balances very well and is very dead in the hand at the shot. For me it is the best combination of speed and forgiveness available today.

As always, just my opinion
Chris

Thanx Chris , good points