PDA

View Full Version : predator decoys/Hunting Tips

BBD77
12-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I am sure this has been discussed before, but i am going to refresh the topic.

I am interested in starting up predator hunting (coyotes and wolves) and was wondering if anyone knew how to MAKE a cheap predator decoy? or could recommend an affordable predator decoy and where a guy could get one?

I am also looking for some tips for a beginner just starting out? real life stories of your experiences to keep the thread interesting will help too!

Cheers and Merry xmas!:-D

todbartell
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
feather on a string, tie to branch

advice I can give, dont give up. When you think you're out there and nothing is ever going to come to your calls, keep trying. Always sit just 10 minutes longer than you want to. Oh and dont overcall, make them hunt you

hunter fisher
04-30-2014, 02:00 PM
i know electronic calls are allowed, but what about electronic decoys? couldn't find it in the regs, but i didn't look real hard either... lots of know it alls here for help!

Drillbit
04-30-2014, 03:01 PM
We use the Wilfire and the foxjack. It halfway down on the right-hand side. It replaces the battery cover so the unit is one piece.

http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/digital-calls/wf2

hunter fisher
04-30-2014, 04:15 PM
so its okay to use an electronic decoy in bc for coyotes?? does anyone have a link to the literature so i can confirm it?

bogtrotter
04-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Ninja,
In the 2012-2014 regs in the It is Illegal section - point 34 is :
to use recorded or electronic calls to hunt wildlife except wolf, coyote, cougar, lynx
or bobcat or any bird listed in Schedule C

So there is your answer.
(see “What is Wildlife?” section).

hunter fisher
04-30-2014, 05:44 PM
yea i saw the calls part, but i couldn't find anything on an electronic decoy. i know you can hunt birds with mojos, but not sure about yotes, just trying to stay legal, you know how it is! I've ran into a few c.o.'s who must have cheated on the reg section of the test!! didn't know some basic stuff

f350ps
04-30-2014, 07:47 PM
yea i saw the calls part, but i couldn't find anything on an electronic decoy. i know you can hunt birds with mojos, but not sure about yotes, just trying to stay legal, you know how it is! I've ran into a few c.o.'s who must have cheated on the reg section of the test!! didn't know some basic stuff
Holy shit Bully, I told ya today, you think I would do something illegal? Phone BK and go thin the herd! K

hunter fisher
04-30-2014, 07:51 PM
lol i talked to bk already, I'm clarifying for both of us!

f350ps
04-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Whack and stack, the other shit is just details! K