PDA

View Full Version : Browning XPO noisy??

lp270win
12-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Just wondering peoples thoughts who have either used or seen the browning xpo clothing with pre-vent and curious to know if you think its noisy?

todbartell
12-21-2009, 12:12 AM
not the quietest camo out there. I have XPO pants. For a soft exterior check out the Hells Canyon line, I got a couple jackets I really like

fuzzy
12-21-2009, 01:11 PM
the browning xpo is noisy.

i have snowboarded and ski'd for the the last 15 years and am not impressed with the xpo when compared to a non camo jacket of similar cost. the zip in liner is to short and will ride up past your waist and leave you with a cold belly. also if worn by itself the liner is noisy

did i mention its noisy?

also the pockets are pain as well with the stupid non removable shell holders. all these do is take up precioius pocket space as well as the fact that the flaps that go over the pockets fasten down with velcro. every time you need something all you hear is the rrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiippppp of the velcro. a combo of zipper and snaps or even just snaps would be have been far better.

did i mention its noisy?

also the hood on the jacket sucks. it doesnt come down far enough on your forhead. my 10 year old Burton snow boardingjacket has a way better hood system that lets you tighten the hood over your face and you can still move your head side to side and not inhibit your veiw.

browning came very close to making a great jacket but fell short.i i will be putting my jacket through the wash a few times to see if that will quiet it down a little bit. i will also be cutting off the shell holders. i would rather have a great techinical "shell " and sacrifice the camo than have a mediocre all in one jacket that is noisy.

just my 2 cents

BearStump
12-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Browning pre-vent stuff IS noisy. Never really put much thought into it till you mentioned it.
My hunting buddy wears browning and I actally thought that it was just the way that he walked or his lack of trying to be quiet. But Yeah, it sounded like the guy was wearin an old set of nylon ski pants the way his legs made noise as he walked.

lp270win
12-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Well I got the pants and jacket for $240 at a sale at a local hunting store and wondering if I should bring them back. I have friends that have them and they seem to like them.... descisions..........

todbartell
12-21-2009, 07:49 PM
i had no problems with my pants. I think the noise is something that is a non issue unless you're bowhunting. I found them to keep the water out and breathe pretty good. $240 for the set is a great price, Id say keep them and try it