PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for nothing

beer hunter
12-19-2009, 03:55 PM
To all you fellow hunters who just made fun of me for trying to get a little help finding locations to hunt in region 2 being a new guy and all, well it paid off on the last day of the season. I was just driving around ... doing a little exploring and this guy ran across the road and stopped about 50 yards away.
Beautiful clean profile shot and down he went, didn't even have to work up a sweat getting him back to the truck. Man I love hunting.

Lucky77_
12-19-2009, 03:58 PM
awsome buck.... thats spectacular

Triggerman
12-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Now, now....Nice Buck!!

coach
12-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Nice buck - congratulations!

huntwriter
12-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Good on you. Congratulations and keep it up.

theK.G.B
12-19-2009, 04:10 PM
i had the same problem with hunting area advice. jeez it's not like a want a gps location to your fav spot. i'm glad to see it payed off. mayby next year is my turn. congrats on a very nice buck

whitetail2009
12-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Sometimes u got to take the bull by the horns, Great job!!!

Gateholio
12-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Nice mule deer.:-D

The Hermit
12-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Okay so where exactly did YOU shoot that beauty? ;-) LOL

husky30-06
12-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Ya!!!!!!! I am looking for a good spot to hunt in region 2....... I'LL TELL YOU MINE IF YOU TELL ME YOURS!!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

husky30-06
12-19-2009, 04:30 PM
OH YA SORRY....... nice buck man, good on ya!!!!!!:-D

ufishifish2
12-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Holy crap, nice buck. I think you found a pretty damn good place all by yourself!!!! Congrats on that wide sucker!

Magnumb
12-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Congrats on a beauty. All the sweeter when it 's an easy drag to the road!

gutpile
12-19-2009, 05:11 PM
i don't belive you shot that muleing in region 2.

d6dan
12-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Region 2 Mulie???? I call bs. Lets see some more pics of proof and maybe a GPS location? would be nice too:-D.

No, if this is true, then Congrats..Nice starter Mulie:tongue:

Phil
12-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Your welcome! Nice mulie BTW! Congrats.

Dirty
12-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Nice Mulie. Must have been on the East Side of Harrison or up the Coq somewhere. :mrgreen:

Steeleco
12-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Nice deer, but they won't all be that easy, Rookie!!!

creakinbones
12-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Wow, for a first deer that's a beauty. You might just be one of those guys that has the knack and they'll all come that easy, but region 2----c'mon:wink:

Highridge
12-19-2009, 06:24 PM
That there is a nice buck.Was that a blacktail or a mule?

Will
12-19-2009, 07:00 PM
If that's a Blacktail U can give up hunting now......your done ! :wink:

Nice Muley ! :-D

eastkoot
12-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I have just recently finished taking the CORE course for the third time and finally passed, just want to know if anyone can help me out with some good blacktail areas so I can start off with bagging...

I'm guessing they didn't want you in their area if it took 3 tries to pass your CORE :wink:

1/2 slam
12-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Congratulations on a nice buck!

Brambles
12-19-2009, 07:24 PM
to quote the late Cam Lancaster

"Even a blind chicken can find a kernal of corn every once and a while."

Nice buck, a little more rewarding doing it for yourself then someone giving you a map with a red dot on it eh.

Now lets see what you can repeat your sucess

beer hunter
12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
In the chest LMAO

beer hunter
12-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Too little too late. LOL

Ya!!!!!!! I am looking for a good spot to hunt in region 2....... I'LL TELL YOU MINE IF YOU TELL ME YOURS!!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

beer hunter
12-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Says you. lol

Nice deer, but they won't all be that easy, Rookie!!!

Big Lew
12-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Way to go! nice specimen! I,ve PM'ed several newbies this year on areas to try within region 2 that I, my son, or brother have had good success, can't remember who they were, haven't heard if they had any similar success.

Lord of Gastown
12-19-2009, 09:58 PM
I think he hit with truck.

porcupine
12-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Good for you. Now you know why people want to find "your spot".

Jagermeister
12-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Now don't you feel better doing it on your own instead of being spoon fed like a baby. Ya manned up. And if there is one, there are others in the same area too, just keep it to yourself and remember to make sure you are not being tailed next hunting season. Some people will try anything to find your honeyhole.

ElkMasterC
12-20-2009, 12:43 AM
If it looks like shite, and smells like shite....

moosinaround
12-20-2009, 12:53 AM
There you go!! Not hard eh!! Rubbin in folks noses won't garner you any future info/friends either!! Just a little food for thought??!! Nice Buck!!! Moosin

pete_k
12-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Nice buck. Congrads on your first.

bearhunter338-06
12-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Congrats o0n the dear.
Its just more proof to me that some people can fall in a shite house and come out smelling like a rose.....:-) Way to go

ElkMasterC
12-20-2009, 01:12 AM
I am also calling bullshit.
More pics please, dispel the smell of steer manure.
That is a Mule Deer, and I would like to know where you supposedly shot it.

beer hunter
12-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Are you actually talkin to me or just talkin out of your ass.
Jealousy wll just eat all your good hunting karma.

beer hunter
12-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Asking politely didn't get me any help either.

There you go!! Not hard eh!! Rubbin in folks noses won't garner you any future info/friends either!! Just a little food for thought??!! Nice Buck!!! Moosin

beer hunter
12-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Wow, that is just mean.

I'm guessing they didn't want you in their area if it took 3 tries to pass your CORE :wink:

beer hunter
12-20-2009, 01:50 AM
I do have a nice picture of my dog eating the gut pile but that is kinda gross.:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted :

Region 2 Mulie???? I call bs. Lets see some more pics of proof and maybe a GPS location? would be nice too:-D.

No, if this is true, then Congrats..Nice starter Mulie:tongue:

beer hunter
12-20-2009, 01:52 AM
Can't you tell???????????

12-20-2009, 02:33 AM
I know exactly where you shot that. You got it in that forest....you know, the one with the trees.

12-20-2009, 03:19 AM
so your pissed because guys wouldn't share there hunting spots, and now that you found one, you won't tell any of us???????? I'm confused????

nice buck though. great spread on it.

hunter1947
12-20-2009, 07:27 AM
I'm making fun of you now ,how come you shot such a big buck ,are you trying to ruin the jean pool ??:roll:??.

Just kidding that is a fantastic mule deer he has a wide spread ,I am happy for you that you got this big buck ,congrats to you bud http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

digger dogger
12-20-2009, 09:40 AM
if you tagged that mulie in reg 2 you might have some explaining to do..
and i doubt anyone will give you advice. ( nice mulie buck though ), you are welcome ffa..

BearStump
12-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Nice buck, I'm assuming that its your first since you just passed your CORE. Only crappy thing about that one is that its gonna make all the spikes, and 2 pointers that you shoot over the next couple of years seem REALLY small.
Nice buck, I wish a 4 point would run in front of my truck.

husky30-06
12-20-2009, 09:59 AM
well well well.......... some guys on here take at least a few months or years to make their mark in here....... you have done it pretty quick. peice of advice................ if you are going to poke the HBC wasp nest!!!! you better be willing and ready to defend yourself, not one liners, but pics say a thousand words!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

pitbell
12-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Nice buck. Horrible picture.

Tanya
12-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Great deer, congratulations!!

Dutch
12-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Way back when I was A newbie I used to work in a gun club.Figured that all these shooters would tell me where to go ,and they did ,hell mostly.So did what I figured I had to do read a lot listened and when I could asked some general questions about terrain time of year what to look for.Went with a buddy who was new bingo two moose .That was it, now really just have to go to an area with an idea what to look for.Most fellas here probably have similiar stories about going into an area meeting somebody that was coming out felt "aww crap" but carried on then out steps mr. Majestyk.Both my 2 boys got their deer this year and I missed Mr. Majestyk who was shot later that week in the same area and scored 177 typical mule dee:evil:r but there were three other guys in the same area, they were not in the right place that time..

bsa30-06
12-20-2009, 11:36 AM

I agree with ElkmasterC.
BeerHunter you got the exact same response to your post requesting the kind of info you asked for, that any other person would have got asking the same question on there first post.Dont think for one minute you were singled out , anybody who asks that question on there first post will get the same kind of treatment.Show them your willing to do a little work, get out there get dirty put the effort in and more people are willing to help.I would think with your attitude on this thread you have probably destroyed any chance of anybody helping you in the future.

Phreddy
12-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Beer hunter, as someone said in another thread, it's called hunting, not shopping. Taking the time to go out and learn an area and become knowledgeable about the habits of its game is all part of the process of learning. No one ever took me by the hand and led me to an animal. I had to do it on my own, and looking back I'm grateful that I was forced to take the time to learn the ropes.
Those same folks you have a resentment for, are likely the same folks who, when you knock something big down and need a hand to pack it out will be the first in line to do so.
Anyways, congratulations on a nice deer.

Big Lew
12-20-2009, 01:13 PM
To those of you that called "bullpoop" on anyone shooting a large mule deer within region 2. My brother, neighbour, and I have taken mulie bucks from region 2, all 5 years ago or earlier though, PM me and I might tell which MU's.

ChilliwackWinchester
12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Nice buck. Seems to have gotten you pretty excited too... judging by the Avatar

The Dawg
12-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Beautiful clean profile shot and down he went,.

In the chest LMAO

So which was it? :)

I would like to see more pics of this 'blacktail', as well as a score. If I shot one that big, I would have taken a bunch of pics.

Congrats.

mijinkal
12-20-2009, 03:09 PM
So which was it? :)

I would like to see more pics of this 'blacktail', as well as a score. If I shot one that big, I would have taken a bunch of pics.

I agree with NoahDawg. More pics, or it didn't happen.

creakinbones
12-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I agree with NoahDawg. More pics, or it didn't happen.

Geez, Is this a new rule. I shot a nice mulie above timberline years back, got one picture of it and the camera packed it in. Does that mean I never got it? Sour grapes.

hunter1947
12-20-2009, 05:46 PM
Very nice deer ,the antlers are wide ,congrats to you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

hillclimber
12-20-2009, 06:14 PM
holy cow nice buck. where did you get him?

Highridge
12-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Holy crap,Sour grapes,no kidding. You always end up with a few yahoos like that on forums. Don't let them steal your thunder Beer Hunter, awesome buck, wish I could get one like that.Like to see more pics if you got them.

Fenton Quagmire
12-24-2009, 08:16 AM
I love it when guys think they are "real hunters" just beacause a deer ran out in front of the truck. I'll tell you something beerhunter. My first deer was quite possibly the biggest I will ever shoot. The difference between you and me is that I am smart enough to admit it was shythouse luck. You think it was so easy to get a good deer, let's see you follow it up. Shytty thing is, you probably will. I guess if you drive and drive and drive you will probably trip over another one. An attitude change would do you some good. BTW...how the hell do you fail the CORE 3 times!!!??? I wouldn't tell you where to hunt either.

12-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I love it when guys think they are "real hunters" just beacause a deer ran out in front of the truck. I'll tell you something beerhunter. My first deer was quite possibly the biggest I will ever shoot. The difference between you and me is that I am smart enough to admit it was shythouse luck. You think it was so easy to get a good deer, let's see you follow it up. Shytty thing is, you probably will. I guess if you drive and drive and drive you will probably trip over another one. An attitude change would do you some good. BTW...how the hell do you fail the CORE 3 times!!!??? I wouldn't tell you where to hunt either.

you must be soooo good i think i should bow in your presance.
you might be a "real" hunter but your comment makes me think you might also be a real Dip

la river
12-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Wow!!! lmao...wow

Congrats on a great deer!

You should be proud of your deer, and that you were out and had some good luck, but I'm sure your not 10ft tall and for your 1st animal thats going to be hard to beat! Not going to gain any respect rubbing peoples nose in it...humor some people and show us some more picks, shooting a buck like that you dont take 1 photo!

Beer hunter, its funny you use the word Karma! That's all