PDA

View Full Version : MU 4-25 Spring Griz

Ron.C
12-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Good Day All,

I have been toying with the idea of starting to put in for a spring Grizzly draw. Since I started spring black bear hunting this year, I'm kind of hooked. I bowhunted 4-25 for elk/goat/deer a couple years back and saw loads of Griz sign and one good bear up close while packing into the Height of the Rockies park. I don't really want to go way back up into the park in the spring as I'm sure the snow would be too deep that time of year. I figure this general area "4-25" is as good of area as any to try. I was amazed at the fresh griz sign I saw down low while deer hunting between some of the main FSR's and the big rivers in early Sept, but equally amazed at the massive amount of sign I seemed to run into in the several higher spots I hunted. I don't know a hell of alot about Griz behavior, but I'm trying to learn. But I do know this area fairly well now. My question is, do the Grizzly Bears migrate out of the high country in the fall to spend the winters in lower areas? Or do bears reside in low elevations there all year? Or both????
Thanks in advance for any help given

Please PM me if you'd prefer to discuss something on this subject in private

bayou
12-19-2009, 09:51 AM
You plan on bow hunting or rifle hunting?

Ron.C
12-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Depends on the situation I guess, but I'd be bringing my bow and my muzzleloader

150fighter
12-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Check your messages.