PDA

View Full Version : Part of my 2009 season (quick coles notes)

springpin
12-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Not going to have pics...just words.

Spring bear: May long weekend.

My 4 yr old wanted to go out looking for a bear with me this spring. So I have friends camping at the Big lake resort (4-37). So I tell her we'll go looking for bears on the way out to visit. So we take the west bench trail, where I thought we could hook up with a logging main, that would bring us close to the area. Ya, I was wrong.....map said yes....road said no....I have seen lots of bear in the area before....but nothing that day. So we double back to the highway. We get out to the Donald Scales, and just past there I blow my Idler pulley for my fan belt....make a few calls.. within an hour and a half were back on the road. We played alot of I-spy, and planted Nickles for money trees...LOL. So now we are running late. We are driving on main street Canada and we see a monster blackie... Well, that's one i'd like to shoot....We get out to the resort(camp ground). Go down to where my buddies fishing with his kids..and have a Pepsi. I ask my bud Ken if he's able to go for a drive up the logging main to look for a bear...he asks his wife...who is a hunter...lol. she says yup..But you guys have to be back in an hour for dinner...I ask my daughter if she wants to come with us....but she says no, I wanna play with the kids....well she missed out, I dropped a black bear....just for her, it wasn't a monster, but I felt I owed it to her. She was tickled pink...We were back to camp in 45mins...He was good eating !!

Mule Deer: November 6

I woke up late, so I decided to drop the kids off at school. Then decided to go out for a hunt. Drove up to a spot I've always looked at, but, never hunted. So I get out there, park the truck, and start walking. Walk in about a half km.. As I'm walking on an old skid road I'm always looking up the high side of the block. I decided to to look down for some reason, and there is a mule buck, bedded down on a coulee about 40yrds away, and at about a 40 degree angle...I could see that he was legal...But I put the binos on him anyway, turns out he has 3 points on his right side and 4 points plus 3 good stickers on his left side...So now I'm real excited...this could be my first mulie...So because he's bedded down and not getting up, I decide to yell at him to move him....I yell at him 3 or 4 times to get him to move on his feet. When he stands, I give a shot...did I hit or miss...so I give him 1 more and he piled up 30-40 yrds away. He is real tasty....and a real cool rack.

Whitetail: November 27

This is the last day to hunt deer for me. I had to drop the kids off at school at 9:00(wife working). Had to pick up a kid @ 11:15am from school. Decided to go out to my blind for a little bit. So I go home get my rifle, get to my blind @about 9:30am..I start calling with my grunt tube. I can hear somthing behind my blind, but it won't come around. So I casually close the window, open the door, then close the door....The zippers on the Ameristep Doghouse arn't quiet. I Walk ten feet from my blind and can see a Whitetail....give another grunt and he comes in to about 30yrds..I can see he's a little fella with about 5 inch spikes...so I drop him at 10:17am. Drag him to the truck. I go pick up my daughter from school and drop her off at a friends place. Go back to the bush to gut him out. He's real tasty...

hillclimber
12-19-2009, 01:56 PM
sounds like a good season. got any pictures????

wighty
12-20-2009, 12:07 AM
nice story where are the pics.... jeez lol

springpin
12-20-2009, 06:14 AM
i've got pics on my old computer...which died, and i'm trying to get them out of the old machine.

hunter1947
12-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Very http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif season as for your thread ,congratulations http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.