PDA

View Full Version : Nikon + London Drugs

Veener5.0
12-18-2009, 08:37 AM
I decided I wanted Nikon Monarchs in 10x42. So off to London Drugs where they are "Special Order" - $369.99. I order them Nov. 6th and the gentleman says 1 - 2 weeks MAX. After 2 weeks I call and he doesn't have an update. 3 weeks, nothing, 4, 5 ,6 weeks still nothing! Yesterday I call, angry, put on hold for 25 minutes and finally talk to the manager. He says "Can't get a hold of our Nikon rep, but to put this issue to rest I'll upgrade you to 10x56 free and we have them in store...typically a $100 upgrade" I says fackit, I'll take 'em. Moral of the story is London Drugs "Special Order" means they don't actually order them. End of rant :mad:

Kody94
12-18-2009, 09:02 AM
I decided I wanted Nikon Monarchs in 10x42. So off to London Drugs where they are "Special Order" - $369.99. I order them Nov. 6th and the gentleman says 1 - 2 weeks MAX. After 2 weeks I call and he doesn't have an update. 3 weeks, nothing, 4, 5 ,6 weeks still nothing! Yesterday I call, angry, put on hold for 25 minutes and finally talk to the manager. He says "Can't get a hold of our Nikon rep, but to put this issue to rest I'll upgrade you to 10x56 free and we have them in store...typically a $100 upgrade" I says fackit, I'll take 'em. Moral of the story is London Drugs "Special Order" means they don't actually order them. End of rant :mad:

Wierd. I've ordered two things from London Drugs online (they had the best price) in the last 4 weeks and both items ended up on my doorstep the very next day....that happens NEVER with anyone else. I was mightily impressed with LD based on those two purchases.

Steeleco
12-18-2009, 09:09 AM
10x56 crap, I'm glad your pakin em!!!! I got mine from Binoculars canada, in my hand 4 days and they beat any price I could find on any canadian web site.

Veener5.0
12-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Wierd. I've ordered two things from London Drugs online (they had the best price) in the last 4 weeks and both items ended up on my doorstep the very next day....that happens NEVER with anyone else. I was mightily impressed with LD based on those two purchases.

Ya I've had good experiences with them in the past. Although my buddy had a similar situation with the 10x42 and he was upgraded to 10x56 as well.

10x56 crap, I'm glad your pakin em!!!! I got mine from Binoculars canada, in my hand 4 days and they beat any price I could find on any canadian web site.

Are you refering to the size/weight? Ya they are a bit bigger than I wanted (hence the orignal order) but I was done dealing with them especially this time of year when no one has the time to properly deal with you.

MikeH
12-18-2009, 09:18 AM
I was looking at bino's there do you like your new set?

Steeleco
12-18-2009, 09:18 AM
The weight is second to size IMHO. I'm sure they'll be great in poor light, but left in the sun they could start a fire LOL!!!!

Veener5.0
12-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I was looking at bino's there do you like your new set?

Haven't taken 'em outta the box yet...wife says I gotta wait till Christmas. I've tried my buddies and love em.

The weight is second to size IMHO. I'm sure they'll be great in poor light, but left in the sun they could start a fire LOL!!!!

Hahaaa, I'll keep that in mind if/when I'm on an August moose hunt.

12-18-2009, 10:45 AM
london drugs was clearing out the bushnell legend 10x42 for $299 because bushnell has remodeled them. I had the same experience with special orders at LD in the past. I called every LD in the lower mainland until I tracked a pair down and had them sent to the store closest to my home.

Mr. Dean
12-18-2009, 12:17 PM

Shitty........ I'm a HUGE Nikon AND London's kind of Guy - Order in a crap-load of stuff fairly regular and it's ALWAYS in within 7 days, more often, in 3. But,,, crap can and does happen.

beardown
12-18-2009, 12:35 PM
I owned a pair of nikons good glass for the money but when you need any warranty good luck. I had to right a letter to nikon canada and so did the store they didn't want to stand by their waranty. I would strongly suggest a nother brand. i went to leupold and aint going back.

BearStump
12-18-2009, 01:56 PM
too late now I guess. since you've already got bino's now.
But I'm almost positive that the london drugs in chilliwack has the 10x42's in store. I was looking at them just a couple days ago telling my wifey that they would make a great x-mas present.

Veener5.0
12-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Ya I have them now and I'm sure I'll be happy with them. I didn't call around asking other stores because right on the website it says special order, although I probably should have.