PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail Population In Castlegar????

adamgarbett
12-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Hey yall,
I was just wondering what kind of whitetail population Castlegar has????? I would imagine good being it is the kootneys but......??????????????
Thanx.

WKCotts
12-17-2009, 05:30 PM
None left... the out of towners shot em all :roll:

adamgarbett
12-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Awww dont b that GIRL

mcrae
12-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey yall,
I was just wondering what kind of whitetail population Castlegar has????? I would imagine good being it is the kootneys but......??????????????
Thanx.

Its decent but its not like the E.Koots or Boundary country. IMO there are better spots to hunt whitetails...

d6dan
12-17-2009, 05:44 PM
If you want lots of Whiteys, stop in Grand Forks and shoot a few..No shortage of deer in town...

doubled
12-17-2009, 08:20 PM
That is funny, the handful of times that I have been to the forks, I have only ever seen muleys there and they were everywhere in town.

d6dan
12-17-2009, 08:34 PM
That is funny, the handful of times that I have been to the forks, I have only ever seen muleys there and they were everywhere in town.

Well I'll tell you, Go to my mothers place in GF and take a look. I lived there from 69-85 and at one time it was all mulies but not any more..:shock: I remember the old timers telling me they never saw a whitetail around before the 40's.

Hank Hunter
12-17-2009, 08:37 PM
I lived there for 4 years, it is absolutely polluted with whiteys

gamer
12-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Global did a news story on the whitetail population in Grand forks last night. Looks like they are getting out of hand.

Hank Hunter
12-17-2009, 08:49 PM
They have been for a long time

d6dan
12-17-2009, 08:49 PM
I lived there for 4 years, it is absolutely polluted with whiteys

You can sit on my mom's front steps and shoot them with the 12ga using slugs or 00 buck shot.. I was there for a visit this last Aug and the buggers would walk up to the flower garden and munch away all the time your sitting there.(having a cold one):) Everyones putting 8' fences around their gardens now. ( reminds me of Comox).:tongue:
Next yr, I think I'll go up there and help exterminate some Whiteys:).

doubled
12-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Time for a bow I would think.

bearass
12-17-2009, 10:53 PM
The Biggest propblem with castlegar and area in general is so much of it is private property.most of the deer live in these areas.There are deer hear but they are alot harder to get then in other areas in this province.

d6dan
12-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Time for a bow I would think.

You can use your bow, I'll use a shotgun and we will exterminate some Whiteys...:-D

d6dan
12-17-2009, 11:14 PM
The Biggest propblem with castlegar and area in general is so much of it is private property.most of the deer live in these areas.There are deer hear but they are alot harder to get then in other areas in this province.
They call that Habituated.:wink:.

Steeleco
12-17-2009, 11:44 PM
You can use your bow, I'll use a shotgun and we will exterminate some Whiteys...:-D

My new Mossy 500 just showed up today, when we leavin :wink:

deeks1989
12-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Hey yall,
Thanx.

Hey I am Shaun deKleine from Fruitvale B.C
I have hunted Castlegar a few times being a local I would say there is an alright population of deer but not the greatest.
Up the arrow lakes last year toward deer park we shot a 151 3/8 WTD this year only a small 4x3 was taken from the same spot we got ours.
Ii hope this helped somewhat ttyl

blaine
12-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Hey Dave we can stay at rons

MikeH
12-18-2009, 09:27 AM
I did a job out in Castlegar this nov was there a week took the rifle the whitey population is decent.Seen a few one nice 10 pointer but it was 1hr after sunset damn!still nice to see him,also lots of does if I had more time (only had a few hrs a day) would have filled tag.Beautiful country want to check it out again next yr....maybe.I was close to arrow lakes:)

d6dan
12-18-2009, 10:04 AM
My new Mossy 500 just showed up today, when we leavin :wink:

Next year, Stay a my mom's house, drink the morning coffee and shoot'em right in the yard (6 acres) legal too!:-D. She happenes to live in the shotgun zone.:wink:

I remember when I wanted to shoot a nice 4pt(140ish) in the field and she said No!. Fast forward 20+ years and she says Shoot them!!, they just eat all my plants! All the Time!!.:)

Chuck
12-18-2009, 11:44 AM

That's right. There's lots of Whiteys, but it's not absolutely crawling like some places. Hunting opportunity IS the problem because of the fact that most of the better or best hunting areas are privately owned land or otherwise restricted in some way or other. Monster racks are not common in this area either. We once had a very strong Mulie population also, but that has diminished considerably due to the competition from elk, I've been lead to believe.