PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a bow

BRP700
12-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Hi

Im looking to buy a bow, Im a new bow hunter Ive been a few times but Im looking to get into it more and to buy a bow and I was just wondering what you guys would recomend for a new bow? I have a good paying job and I don't really have a price range, any input would be helpful.

Thanks

Bow Walker
12-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Have you ever shot a compound bow or a traditional bow?

Which one is your preference?

Right now you should be able to get a damn good deal on "last year's" model(s) as the stores are clearing them out.

BRP700
12-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Yes i've shot a compound and I'm looking for a compound bow.

Magnumb
12-20-2009, 01:07 PM
If there is an archery store or a club that will allow you to try different bows, that would be a good place to start. Single-cam, double-cam, different brace heights, releases and arrow types are all going to affect how your bow shoots for you.The best advice I've received was to start with something forgiving until you build good form and confidence and then down the road look at the faster/pricier.
I started out buying a PSE Thunderbolt CF with the intent to "upgrade" to a Mathews or Hoyt down the road. I still use the same bow today because it keeps droppin the critters I point it at. The entire set up cost just under $600 ready to hit the woods.(in'04)
Hope this helps and good luck .

Bow Walker
12-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Don't know where you call home, but I'd say to go out and try as many bows as you can get your hands on - just to see and feel the differences in the many, many choices out there.

Then,a fter you've shot a few, you will be better equipped tp know what "fluffs your kilt".