PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Muley Buck

eric
12-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Hey guys, our water hauler was out delivering water to the camp and related this story to me.

On Nov the 8th, Steve Marks ( water hauler ) was delivering a load of fresh water to the mine site down the Sukunka road out side of Chetwynd towards Tumbler.
Close to klm 10 he spots this nice Muley up on the hillside courting a Doe, he decides to take the buck and with one shot drops him in his tracks, he climbs up the hill,cleans the deer out and drags the buck down the slope towards the main road. His wife is with him, so he gets her to take some pictures of him with the deer.
After the picture taking is done Steve decides that he will leave the deer behind a small brush pile, while he goes into the mine site to unload the load of water, he doesn't think it would be a good idea to have a dead deer tied to the back of the water truck going into the mine site.
He tells me that he's gone no longer than 1 hr unloading the water and drives back to where he got the deer, as he walks to where the deer is suppose to be---No Deer to be found, some POS stole the deer.
Has anybody ever had this happen to them.
Steve has given me permission to post a picture of him and the deer.
I know it's a long shot, but if anybody was to recognize the deer, then let the CO know in Chetwynd, as it has been reported.
Crazy shit that people do
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/thumbs/Steve_s_deer_008_1.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=16829&limit=recent)

eric
12-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Here's a side veiw of the deer

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/thumbs/Steve_s_deer_0101.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=16831&cat=500)

Will
12-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Man it's getting more like the States all the time, leave a deer, come back later and all that's left is a size 12 bootprint !

Takes a real special kinda dick to steal someone's animal that has clearly been dressed....:neutral:

BiG Boar
12-15-2009, 05:01 PM
There was a guy on this site who found a deer dressed the other day and took it.

Dutch Ppoacher
12-15-2009, 05:01 PM
i see snow on the ground, i am guessing there where foot tracks to tell the story of the wrong doers. not a bear?!? hunting partner had a deer stollen by a bear in wass.

lilhoss
12-15-2009, 05:02 PM
What a piss off! Never ever heard of that.Meat from a camp stolen,..yes but never out from under your nose.At least he has some great pics,bittersweet though.

Islandeer
12-15-2009, 05:03 PM
that sucks.When I was a kid growing up in cordova Bay, my dad shot a nice whitetail and hung it in the carport in full view. Next day it was gone.

He was pissed too!!:evil:

12-15-2009, 05:03 PM
check through the site. As I recall some other member told a story about finding a gutted deer and taking it.

Jimr
12-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Seriouslly?^^^

stitch
12-15-2009, 05:05 PM
There has been some talk on previous threads. Some guys thinking the guy shoots then buys a tag...etc...etc. If I didn't harvest it myself...leave it alone. How low do you have to be to pass off someone else's buck as your own. GGGRRR

Darksith
12-15-2009, 05:13 PM
tell your buddy that wow that is a dandy buck. I have seen a gutted moose on the side of the road. Figured they shot it the night before, and were on their way out that morning to get it. But it was still laying there at 2pm that afternoon. I wanted to carve off a hind quarter starting to think maybe it was poachers that got scared off, but still I never touched it. Maybe they just got sloppy the night before

mcrae
12-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Thats a decent buck to bad some arsehole had to take it. I don't get why you would want to steal someone else's buck??? Makes no sense to me???

Dirty
12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
There was a guy on this site who found a deer dressed the other day and took it.

GTFO? Are you serious!

ElkMasterC
12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Tell your buddy to make sure that all the taxidermists for a few hundred miles have the pics. There's no underestimating stupidity.

Edit: He should call the Co's as well. Another post made me think, maybe it was someone being conscientious, and turned it over.
Who knows?
Anyway, I hunted my ass off for 21 days hunting Mulies this fall, and this guy gets a bigger one while on the clock.
I'm diggin' deep for sympathy here.

frenchbar
12-15-2009, 05:21 PM
GTFO? Are you serious! i beleive it was freinds of some one on the site...still a low class act!

gamer
12-15-2009, 05:25 PM
The story of how it was found sounds eerily the same as what was posted on this site IIRC.
Edit: Other story was a whitetail and was not gutted already. Either way who the *uck takes someone elses kill?

JCVD
12-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Maybe it was somebody being a hero...because no law abiding citizen would leave a deer....and cover it.....pfftttt.

Lee
12-15-2009, 06:25 PM
If your job allows you to hunt thats cool, but if you're going out to hunt shouldn't you be prepared to take your harvested game out of the bush with you?

Could have left the wife there to stand watch, then all speculation as to why this deer carcass was left unattended would have been erased.

A bear took it? A CO took it? A hunter with no ethics took it to fill a tag? A hunter with ethics took it thinking it was a poached animal? A passerby saw it and figured it was 200$ worth of meat he didn't need to buy to feed his family?

Either way, leaving your car unlocked and running in downtown Vancouver isn't a good idea, why should leaving your kill out in the bush be any different, let alone by the side of the road...

Lesson learned? Still sucks for him.

Jelvis
12-15-2009, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't be hunting while doing a delivery job unless I was self employed, cuz some one I know said that when working for a company can't be hunting.
Logging truck driver's for example used to hunt while working but can't anymore. wcb and company policy.
Jel -- take a day off for hunting you would enjoy it better imho -

weatherby_man
12-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes awesome buck,,,,too bad the story with it is so sh***y.

Bummer

BlacktailStalker
12-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Guess he won't do that again now will he.

brock77
12-15-2009, 06:49 PM
wow that's crazy! if he finds the culprit and the wife is good looking, your friend should wait for him to go in to the beer store and steal/borrow his unatended wife for a bit.hahahaha :wink: jk lol, the nerve of some people.

pnbrock
12-15-2009, 06:54 PM
feel bad for the fellow .took me a lot of years to get a decent buck and would hunt high and low for the scum bag who would stole it from me!!!!!

300win
12-15-2009, 07:11 PM
If it wasn't a bear then I hope the CO's find the POS!!!!!!

Cariboospeed
12-15-2009, 07:28 PM
What I don't get, is where you get the balls to steal from someone who obviously has a gun?

Like the internet tough guys claiming they'll drop a tree on a truck if its blocking the road...What if the owner made sure to sit in a spot where he can see his truck, or is just 50' in the bush taking a dump?

Of all the ways to get your ability to breathe changed, being caught stealing or vandalizing has got to be the least noble.

husky30-06
12-15-2009, 07:42 PM
What I don't get, is where you get the balls to steal from someone who obviously has a gun?

Like the internet tough guys claiming they'll drop a tree on a truck if its blocking the road...What if the owner made sure to sit in a spot where he can see his truck, or is just 50' in the bush taking a dump?

Of all the ways to get your ability to breathe changed, being caught stealing or vandalizing has got to be the least noble.

I tend to agree.... who would take that risk, I would have a real hard time not put'n a bullet somewhere if my shite was being messed with. its lie walking upto a grizzly bear and kicking him in the nuts.... what do you think will happen!!!!!!!:)

#1fishslayer
12-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Not even cool for one second!!!

MikeH
12-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Pretty low to steal meat... the nerve.

Squirrelnuts
12-15-2009, 08:35 PM
A hunter with ethics took it thinking it was a poached animal?

that's ethical?

Lee
12-15-2009, 08:39 PM
that's ethical?
It is if he took it to the CO thinking it was poached.

Ethical yes, sensible no.

Either way I don't leave my harvested animal sitting in the bush either. Shoot it, clean it, butcher it, eat it.

Caveman
12-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Here is the link to the other story in question

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42368&highlight=whitetail+buck

A young rifle hunting fellow and his partner were sitting near the top of a ridge overlooking a partly re-grown slash, At the bottom of the slash was an old logging road. They watched a vehicle stop, the passenger get out, shoot, and then both the shooter and driver run ahead, pull a whitetail buck out of the brush, then drag it back further into the bush, cut some branches, cover it up, and then sweep away any signs , and then get back into their truck and speed away. The young fellow and his partner waited about 3/4 hour and then went to their own truck and drove around to investigate (total time they said was just over an hour) They found the buck, it had not been gutted, so they tagged it,gutted it, and loaded it into their truck and were on their way. While relating the story to me a couple of weeks later, they said that they were convinced that the shooter and companion were hunting mule deer, had no whitetail tag, and went racing to the nearest town to buy a tag, some 2 hours away. Fire away with your opinions!

One Shot
12-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Man it's getting more like the States all the time, leave a deer, come back later and all that's left is a size 12 bootprint !

Takes a real special kinda dick to steal someone's animal that has clearly been dressed....:neutral:

What do you mean its getting like the states all the time!!!!!!!! Do you live there? How many times have you heard of that happening there?

Will
12-15-2009, 09:08 PM
How many times have you heard of that happening there?
Enough times to know I'm glad I have the pleasure of hunting and living where I do:wink:

Squirrelnuts
12-15-2009, 09:13 PM
that's ethical?

It is if he took it to the CO thinking it was poached.

Ethical yes, sensible no.

And if you *thought* it was poached but it wasn't? Oops, your ethical hunter is now a thief.

Leave it there, call a CO.

sawmill
12-16-2009, 12:40 AM
C`mon,how stupid is it to leave a buck for somebody to steal?I would have tied it to the hood if I had to.Screw public opinion.No way I would leave it there,always gonna be some asshat coming along to walk off with it.Besides,if you are working and hunting at the same time you better be prepared to deal with the animal you shoot right away.Jeez,at least hide it better.I bet he never even left any indentidy markers on it like his name on a piece of paper stuffed into the ear.No sympathy from me here.I have had to leave an animal temporaraly but I always made sure it was so well hidden the friggen ravens couldn`t even spot it.

Lee
12-16-2009, 01:11 AM
And if you *thought* it was poached but it wasn't? Oops, your ethical hunter is now a thief.

Leave it there, call a CO.

thus the "SENSIBLE NO" portion of that comment.

regardless of why the mule deer was "removed" from it's particular placement, it obviously wasn't the most SENSIBLE spot to put it. i feel for the guy, i'd hate to lose my kill too, but i wonder at him leaving it in the first place, let alone hunting on the job.

and if it was a bear or other scavenger predator(s) that took it, well, then he just fed the wildlife AND killed an animal for no reason.

certainly won't be getting worked up about it in either direction.

Franko Manini
12-16-2009, 01:35 AM

A young rifle hunting fellow and his partner were sitting near the top of a ridge overlooking a partly re-grown slash, At the bottom of the slash was an old logging road. They watched a vehicle stop, the passenger get out, shoot, and then both the shooter and driver run ahead, pull a whitetail buck out of the brush, then drag it back further into the bush, cut some branches, cover it up, and then sweep away any signs , and then get back into their truck and speed away. The young fellow and his partner waited about 3/4 hour and then went to their own truck and drove around to investigate (total time they said was just over an hour) They found the buck, it had not been gutted, so they tagged it,gutted it, and loaded it into their truck and were on their way. While relating the story to me a couple of weeks later, they said that they were convinced that the shooter and companion were hunting mule deer, had no whitetail tag, and went racing to the nearest town to buy a tag, some 2 hours away. Fire away with your opinions!

Observe, Record, Report.

Franko Manini
12-16-2009, 01:41 AM
In regard to the guy who's buck got burned:

1) he was hunting when he shoulda been working
2) if he didn't have time to care for the animal, or if he left it because he couldn't take it with him on the delivery, then he shouldn't have shot it in the first place. Evidently, he had time to take a bunch of photos though...
3) Who takes their wife to work???
4) If I was hunting at work, which is clearly on the wrong side of WCB and likely his employer's liability insurance, I certainly wouldn't want my name on the web!

WaterSkeeter
12-16-2009, 02:40 AM

2) if he didn't have time to care for the animal, or if he left it because he couldn't take it with him on the delivery, then he shouldn't have shot it in the first place. Evidently, he had time to take a bunch of photos though...
4) If I was hunting at work, which is clearly on the wrong side of WCB and likely his employer's liability insurance, I certainly wouldn't want my name on the web!

I have to agree with this

bad arrow
12-16-2009, 07:16 AM

I fail to understand what any of these points has to do with snitching a deer, I have left game on a number of occasion's so to get help or when I was logging leave it until the end of the day and get it then, I never had a problem. Maybe the guy never had room for the buck in his truck, the deer was STOLEN from another hunter and I think the thief is a pos.

hunter1947
12-16-2009, 07:20 AM
I had this happen to me one time it was back in lake cowichan hills ,I had the deer hung up in my hunting camp came back and saw that the deer was gone I then noticed that all my hunting gear was all over the place my wallet was stolen as well with $100.00 dollars in the wallet a week latter the RCMP call me and said we have your wallet hear of course no money left in the wallet.

I was happy that all my cards where still in the wallet ,I did had my drivers license on me in a card holder when some thief stolid my wallet.

I was some mad when I lost my buck it was a dandy one for the island it took me 2hr to get this deer out of the bush.

I fell for your friend on his loss of that buck some people are just down to earth ass**les http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif,If your friend does not get his meat back there might a slim chance he might get the antlers back ????.

Dirty
12-16-2009, 07:27 AM

Who are they to judge if somebody has a tag or not. They could have been new hunters without a clue to field dress. They might have gone back to camp to get somebody to help. Hell, they may have forgot a knife or a saw and needed to go get it. The bush is not a good place to jump to conclusions.

bad arrow
12-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Thats right dirty, if someone thinks its ok to take something that isn't theirs they had better make sure it isn't mine or someone likeminded. The same guys that stoop to stealing a buck are the same guys that will break into your truck or camper when your out hunting and will be gettin what they deserve.

KodiakHntr
12-16-2009, 08:20 AM

Nope.....

Lots of guys do it, and believe me, there has been a lot of research into the Act to make sure its not on the wrong side. (Unless of course this has changed in the last year or so, has been a lot of changes to the Act.)

hardnocks
12-16-2009, 08:28 AM

whats any of that have to do with him shooting a deer...and having it stolen.
3) theirs lots of drivers will take a wife or passinger. what that to you
4) that applys if you live and work in victoria...some companys let you pack a rifle to work some don`t ,I have shot a moose from my skidder loaded it with the company loader. is that against wcb..who gives a rats a$$.

bridger
12-16-2009, 08:29 AM
a thief is a thief simple as that! the rest of the retohric and is beside the point. what does it matter if the guy was hunting while working? lots of guys in the peace do that all the time as i imagine guys do that work in the bush in other parts of the province.

treeclimber
12-16-2009, 09:08 AM
a thief is a thief simple as that! the rest of the retohric and is beside the point. what does it matter if the guy was hunting while working? lots of guys in the peace do that all the time as i imagine guys do that work in the bush in other parts of the province.

sawmill
12-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Definatly who ever stole the deer is a piece of sh$t.However if you get lucky enough to nail a buck like that you should at least make every effort to ensure it doos`nt get stolen.Hide the goddamn thing better or load it up right away.I sure as hell would have figured out a way to take it with me.No way I`d leave that beauty behind.Sorry for your loss.:(

high and to the right
12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
In fall of 2008 I posted that I had a 5X6 Elk rack stolen out of my camp in the Chetwynd area. They left the meat but took the rack. Interesting to hear that this was again done in the Chetwynd area.

Very disappointing to hear.

dawn2dusk
12-16-2009, 10:06 AM
that licks. I am always worried when I have to leave my game unattended. ie. to go get the truck or for whatever reason. I just try to minimize the time and try to make it as hard for someone to take as posssible. For example, rather than dragging down close to the road I would have left up on the hill out of sight. Don't make it easy for them.

I just can't imagine how someone could go home and be proud showing that buck off when they didn't harvest it ethically. Fair Hunt and Chase all the way.

levind
12-16-2009, 10:10 AM
to me he has the right to do what ever he wants with that deer it belongs to him. no one has the right to judge that. looking back i'm sure he would have done things differently. hindsight is always 20/20, bottom line no one has the right to take an animal that has been shot by someone else bottom lie its stealing black and white no shades of gray. i feel sorry for him and hope some one finds the ass and puts him in his place.

as for the whitetail a ways back that guys a thief not an anyways ethical.

my bro shot a moose once he was young was his first moose put a slit in his stomach as he wasnt able to gut it by himself. this was in the evening. headed back to camp was dark by the time he got back. my dad and other partner we decided to go gut the thing and leave it over night and then get it out in the morning. it was an august hunt so it was around midnight the moose was gutted and loaded on a atv trailer just about ready to take off. if we were 10 min later bye bye moose. would that have been ethical.

Triggerman
12-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear about your lost deer, glad you have some pics though.

I believe that this will stick on the bad guy and somehow it will come back on him for sure. Hopefully a Taxi-man will turn him in or something.

My rule is that a thief is a thief. If it's not yours then leave it the F*"k alone!

:evil:

ratherbefishin
12-16-2009, 10:49 AM
two completely unrelated issues-whether the guy should have been hunting on company time or not-and the fact his deer was stolen.As for hunting on company time,it probably depends on the company-some bosses would be hard nosed about it and others would simply tell him to make up the time.Nor was it like he parked the truck and went hunting-he saw the buck while he was driving and shot it.But someone taking the deer when it was clearly cached is another issue-thats theft with no excuses

35 Whelen
12-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Geez Guys !!!!

" I wouldn't be hunting while doing a delivery OR on the clock."

The guy works up the Sukunka.....any idea how remote that country is? I would have a rifle in the truck at all times too. And if I saw a dandy animal on the way in, I would take it too.

Don't bust the guys chops for what he did, the whole point of his post is someone stole his deer !!!!

Good for the thief the rightful owner didn't happen to come upon him while the thievery was taking place.

behemoth
12-16-2009, 10:59 AM
You guys are hilarious.
I'm typing this post on company time. Are you going to cry about that too?

KodiakHntr
12-16-2009, 11:13 AM
The guy works up the Sukunka.....any idea how remote that country is? I would have a rifle in the truck at all times too. And if I saw a dandy animal on the way in, I would take it too.

Having both hunted and worked in the Sukunka, (and occasionally at the same time....) I'm with you on this one. And as for the deer being left to be stolen, I can understand that one too....Not everyone on the worksite needs to see a big muley hanging off the back of a water truck when it pulls into the site. I'd of done the same thing. (Well, I might of hidden it better, if nothing else to keep the ravens off it while I was gone.)

You guys are hilarious.

Shucks, I'm *sure* no one else is doing that exact same thing today.....laffin'

xtremearchery
12-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Thats Sh*ty! I had a buck stolen out of camp before while i was sleeping. woke up the next morning to truck tracks backed up to my game poll and cut ropes.

Moose72
12-16-2009, 11:36 AM
If your job allows you to hunt thats cool, but if you're going out to hunt shouldn't you be prepared to take your harvested game out of the bush with you?

Could have left the wife there to stand watch, then all speculation as to why this deer carcass was left unattended would have been erased.

A bear took it? A CO took it? A hunter with no ethics took it to fill a tag? A hunter with ethics took it thinking it was a poached animal? A passerby saw it and figured it was 200$ worth of meat he didn't need to buy to feed his family?

Either way, leaving your car unlocked and running in downtown Vancouver isn't a good idea, why should leaving your kill out in the bush be any different, let alone by the side of the road...

Lesson learned? Still sucks for him.Give your head a shake.

4pointer91
12-16-2009, 11:38 AM
If you didn't shoot it it's not yours! Leave it and don't jump to any conclusions that would quantify you taking the animal. Never assume!

jml11
12-16-2009, 11:48 AM

How so??

Our ocupational health and safety manual has a section for hunting while on the job and it is encouraged!!!! We are a Safe Certified Company with the Forest Safety Council and have WCB coverage. We even had a hunting related accident while working a few years ago and are still allowed to hunt. We even have a company hunting trip payed for with company money! These are perks of the job and many of us harvest small and big game on the job, we just aren't allowed to bill out time used to deal with the downed animal.

What's the issue you see with it? We are all allowed to pack firearms for bear defence with no issues?

Kudu
12-16-2009, 11:53 AM

What has this got to do with the deer being stolen? have you seen his work contract - How can you say that he is not allowed to hunt while working?

Soo its cool to drive into a business and deliver whatever he was charged to deliver, with a dead muley dripping guts and gore all over the show?

I do - my wife has traveled to 6 continents with me - she has attended many, many seminars where I have presented white papers - shes been into Chilean mines with me - listening to my attempts of convincing Spanish mining engineers on the finer points of dewatering flooded shafts - she has been on the other side of the Rockies with me, as I was drilling into aquifers and sorting out fresh water for towns and farms. - so please don't confuse you own situation with others .....

I Have hunted all over the planet during work time - Frankly I would not give a rats arse if my employer found out about it - what would he do - Fire me? I think not since I'm self employed. Who says the bloke in this scenario wasn't self employed - sounds pretty feasible to me ............

Then again what the hell has any of the above got to do with a stolen deer?

stitch
12-16-2009, 11:54 AM
You guys are hilarious.
I'm reading it on company time...if I get a paper cut while reaching for the mouse while reading a hunting website post can I be banned from hunting?

The point is that someone took buddys animal. It sucks and if it happened to anyone of us for what ever reason we would be pissed off to no end. I don't think the purpose of this thread was to start talking ethics of hunters and wcb regs. I feel for the guy and who cares that he "had enough time to take pictures"...just have some compassion for the guy who lost his deer this year.

jml11
12-16-2009, 12:02 PM

C'mon how many hunters leave game in the bush to deal with later, get more resources, etc. TONS!!! The last three moose I have shot were all in the morning and I left them there and drove back to town...that's right, town...to get help and/or a quad etc. These animals were left a lot longer than 1 hour like in this situation. I even asked a CO buddy if this was OK and he said duh...obviously!! It is a regular occurance up here.

I think most people who come accross a freshly dead and gutted animal that was left unattended would assume the hunter has gone back for help and will get it later. If it wasn't gutted, bloated, maybe a day or two old...that's a different story. But you report it, never take it because if you are caught with it you are in illegal possession of a dead animal and will be the #1 suspect for killing that animal. This person just wanted a freebee.

1 shot 1 kill
12-16-2009, 12:54 PM
thats just not right!!
i once had 1/2 a moose taken from me..i had loaded the hinds onto my quad and took off for my truck and when i got back 45 min later the rest was gone with a different set of quad tracks in place of mine a sit was the only way in..i swear they must have ben watching me!! thats was 6 yrs ago..

eastkoot
12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I once had a whitetail buck stolen from the back of my truck while out hunting with a partner later in the day. I did get the meat back as someone saw the guys going into town with the deer in the back. Thank God for small towns.. Anyway, the RCMP officer that was responsible for collecting the meat and returning it told me that if I was ever to leave an animal unattended again to just slip a coin into each quarter, remembering the dates on the coins.. That way you can identify the meat/animal later.. Apparently, a description of horns is not quite good enough as there are too many variables..

proguide66
12-16-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm reading all this on company time...where can I email my invoice for reading all this??:tongue::tongue:

Darksith
12-16-2009, 03:52 PM
to all those that are giving this guy grief for whatever reason...piss off!! I mean that in the nicest way. You would probably take the deer as well. I have been walking several times and shot a deer in a block. I then drag the deer to the nearest block road and go get my quad/truck. If you take an animal you didn't harvest or have problems with people leaving their tagged animal on the side of the road for whatever reason, you have few ethics. All of us should be ethical in the bush...don't take an animal you didn't shoot. Period.

leadpillproductions
12-16-2009, 04:00 PM
That sucks for him i know him a little bit . But he did a big no no he could be fired and not allowed back on mine property if they find out about the rifle on mine property its against the mine act . He could get into crap for that posting that on here could get him canned .Hopefully not.

300ultra
12-16-2009, 05:28 PM
i have to agree with bad arrow & hardnocks the deer is gutted so its claimed .You see that lots at the gang ranch area the guy shoots it a long way from where he parked his truck drags it to the nearest road then gets his ride. And i also hunt while going to work or at work .Owner operator .:mrgreen:

chris
12-16-2009, 05:55 PM
on 2 different occoasions I have left a kill. Once to go get help when I was new and it was my first moose. And the other time was just last month.

bad arrow
12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm shocked, but not surprized at how many guys have had game stolen.

Jelvis
12-16-2009, 06:47 PM
I would'nt eat nuthin I found dead and did'nt know why it was left behind and when it was and who or what, if you do, then go at it. Feed your family with an animal YOU, Found dead, and then wonder why people get sick eh ? lol
Jel -- road kill cafe -- leave the mystery dead --- to the forest dwellerz -- scavengerzzzz -- lol --->

Big7
12-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Our ocupational health and safety manual has a section for hunting while on the job and it is encouraged!!!! We are a Safe Certified Company with the Forest Safety Council and have WCB coverage. We even had a hunting related accident while working a few years ago and are still allowed to hunt. We even have a company hunting trip payed for with company money! These are perks of the job and many of us harvest small and big game on the job, we just aren't allowed to bill out time used to deal with the downed animal.
You guys looking for any forest techs!?!?

Gauge
12-16-2009, 08:55 PM
a good thief is a dead thief.....

BCrams
12-16-2009, 09:10 PM
How so??

What's the issue you see with it? We are all allowed to pack firearms for bear defence with no issues?

Its true. Headed to work up north by Bear Lake a couple falls ago and at first light a 2 pt bull moose walked out onto the road and with a quick confirmation from myself, the other fellow shot the bull. 30 mins later, we were on our way to finish the day's work.

born2hunt
12-16-2009, 11:08 PM
I fail to understand what any of these points has to do with snitching a deer, I have left game on a number of occasion's so to get help or when I was logging leave it until the end of the day and get it then, I never had a problem. Maybe the guy never had room for the buck in his truck, the deer was STOLEN from another hunter and I think the thief is a pos.
Exactly what i was thinking !

GrizGuy92
12-20-2009, 11:11 AM
This deer was not "stolen" this deer was found, dead and dressed. This guy shouldn't have left a dead deer in the bush. And to the guy that posted this , you really think posting about a "stolen" deer on the internet is going to fix the problem and get the deer back? No.
Have a good day.

Kody94
12-20-2009, 11:17 AM
This deer was not "stolen" this deer was found, dead and dressed. This guy shouldn't have left a dead deer in the bush. And to the guy that posted this , you really think posting about a "stolen" deer on the internet is going to fix the problem and get the deer back? No.
Have a good day.

Are you joking?

So, if I park my quad in the bush and hunt on foot, its OK for someone to take it???

You shoot a deer and tag it, its yours. Someone else takes it, that's theft.

And you're saying that if your property is stolen, that it's dumb to discuss it on-line?

squamishmiles
12-20-2009, 11:18 AM
U find a deer in the bush thats dressed and it's not yours and you take it then u are a thief.

r106
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Have a good day.

This is one of the many dumb replies on this thread:wink:
The deer was stollen, the guy who left it did no wrong on leaving it there for an hour or two. The guy who stole it is a POS
Didn't you know forums are only good for gun porn, complaning, and whiners. The guy who originaly posted is complaing and you are whining. I'm going to look at some gun porn :mrgreen:

There is nothing wrong with dicussing it online. Maybe someone will read this and learn to be a little more carefull. We are not all perfect like a couple guys on this thread
________
Ford Building (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Building)

1/2 slam
12-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Have a good day.

What complete and utter BULL$&!T. Give your head a shake.

pete_k
12-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Have a good day.

What do you do when you "Find" trail-cams?

Really. I'd like to know this.

I had to leave my gutted deer in the bush this season for 45 mins while I fetched my truck.

So your thinking determines that deer as free for the taking?

dave_fras
12-20-2009, 12:33 PM
GrizGuy92 (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/member.php?u=3605) u need to figure it out!... like honestly! i had to leave my deer in the bush just this past season... i had to hike out to my truck... then drive back to town and pick up my old man... if i saw someone loading up my deer...believe me.... they would have something to worry about!

Will
12-20-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm constantly amazed at the new hunting techniques I learn from this forum......now I can just cruise FSR's all day looking for a gutted deer all ready to go ! Sweet ! :-D

mcrae
12-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Have a good day.

Seriously you think that if you find a dressed deer that has been left its fair game??? All I can say is wow....

Franko Manini
12-20-2009, 01:47 PM

It has NOTHING to do with the snitching (snatching?) of the deer. That was not my intent. Clearly, theft of a downed animal uncool. Why would I comment on something that was so obviously wrong, and discussed to death. My comments were focused on the hunter that shot the deer, not the thief.

Seems more interesting to me to discuss an issue that hasn't already been resolved by basic reason. Of course, if you're challenged by the most base arguement and logic, then you'd find my previous post difficult to comprehend.

oclarkii
12-20-2009, 05:41 PM
I can't believe I wasted my time skimming through this thread, what a bunch of jibberish - lets all crack a beer and chill out....

Lucky77_
12-20-2009, 06:22 PM
How so??

Any job openings???? sounds like a place i could contribute to..
LKY

pete_k
12-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Have a good day.

Just realized you're 17 years old. I jumped on you pretty hard.
You're right. The deer was found dead and dressed.
I'm sure you would have left that deer if you found it.
At least you will now.
I'm still learning myself. And hope I never stop learning.

Franko Manini
12-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Nope.....

Lots of guys do it, and believe me, there has been a lot of research into the Act to make sure its not on the wrong side. (Unless of course this has changed in the last year or so, has been a lot of changes to the Act.)

You are mistaken. WorkSafe BC regulates the use of firearms on the job for a number of reasons and roles. Not only is WSBC concerned with the safe use of the firearms, they are also concerned with noise abatement and hearing protecation. This applies to a select group of workers such as Peace Officers, armed security personnel, film industry employees, timber cruisers, professional geographers/geologists. as an example, look up the SHAPE program for the film industry. It's a good example of the WSBC training and qualifications.

Of course the BC Firearms Act has its own regulations governing which occupations require the use of firearms, but I don't think that's really at issue here. However, WSBC uses this list to determine if a worker can have a firearm with them while they are on the clock.

I checked, and although there are a number of occupations listed under the petroleum industry that could require the carry and use of a firearm, none involve transportation of water.

Franko Manini
12-20-2009, 08:25 PM
whats any of that have to do with him shooting a deer...and having it stolen.
3) theirs lots of drivers will take a wife or passinger. what that to you
4) that applys if you live and work in victoria...some companys let you pack a rifle to work some don`t ,I have shot a moose from my skidder loaded it with the company loader. is that against wcb..who gives a rats a$$.

Man, I can't believe you guys. Perhaps a course in remedial reading and basic logic is in order. Never once in my inital post did I refer to the thief. I'm just considering some point of intrest regarding the hunter. Take some personal responsibility people! I mean sh!t, if some guy leaves a pound of gold on his front porch and some amorale crook steals it, does nobody stand up and say "Geeze dude, maybe you shouldn't have left your boullion on the stoop?!"

As for your other points, flimsy as they are:

3) I was editorializing on taking one's wife to work. Don't get me wrong, most guys adore their wives, but I would guess that they wouldn't wnat to spend 24x7 with them. Some companies prohibit passengers, others don't. So no arguement there.

4) So if someone works in location A versus location B he gets to pick and choose which laws he abides by?

Hey, good for you that you shot a moose while at work, from a vehicle (that's illegal too by the way...). And yes, that's against WSBC regulations. I guess if you work for an employer who let's you skate the law, then that's a different story. Maybe he scrimps on vehicle maintenance and safety equipment too. I wouldn't work for such a shady character, but that's an individual choice, and speaks more to the strenght of one's charachter than any legal issue.

Franko Manini
12-20-2009, 08:31 PM

Hey, I'm just repoding to the posts in what I feel is a more interesting way. Afterall, the inital poster said "Fire away with you opinions!"

After about 5 pages of "Darn it thieves are bad people." and "I'm so sorry for the guy." I thought I would crank it up a notch. How about debating something with a little meat on its bones?

I'm in total and complete agreement that stealing the buck was wrong, mean, nasty, distasteful, bad juju, and a dozen other creative adjectives. But it just seemed like a waste of pixels to argue a point that everyone agrees on.

Franko Manini
12-20-2009, 08:38 PM

Then you'd likely be breaking the law, and so much for Fair Chase...

Don't bust the guys chops for what he did, the whole point of his post is someone stole his deer !!!!.

Actually, the inital post was a request for opinions on this topic. If he wanted sympathy, maybe he should have titled the post something like "stolen deer, come cry in my beer..."

Franko Manini
12-20-2009, 08:43 PM

What has this got to do with the deer being stolen? have you seen his work contract - How can you say that he is not allowed to hunt while working?

Fair chase, WCB, and potentially - but not certainly - his work contract would be at issue here.

Soo its cool to drive into a business and deliver whatever he was charged to deliver, with a dead muley dripping guts and gore all over the show?

Well, if it wasn't cool to have a dead buck on hand at his destination, he should have thought about that before pulling trigger, not after.

I do - my wife has traveled to 6 continents with me - she has attended many, many seminars where I have presented white papers - shes been into Chilean mines with me - listening to my attempts of convincing Spanish mining engineers on the finer points of dewatering flooded shafts - she has been on the other side of the Rockies with me, as I was drilling into aquifers and sorting out fresh water for towns and farms. - so please don't confuse you own situation with others ......

Thanks for answering my question... Apparently you do.

I Have hunted all over the planet during work time - Frankly I would not give a rats arse if my employer found out about it - what would he do - Fire me? I think not since I'm self employed. Who says the bloke in this scenario wasn't self employed - sounds pretty feasible to me ........

Again, read the words... I was only commenting on MYSELF. Hence the use of the pronoun "I".

Then again what the hell has any of the above got to do with a stolen deer?

You make a weak attempt at passing yourself off as a reasonably intellignet individual, but you not once realized that this has NOTHING to do with the fact that the guy got his deer stolen. I ask again, If one leaves a bag of gold on the porch, and it get's stolen, doesn't someone question his sensibility?

I was NEVER, not ONCE making reference to the thief, only the "hunter" who put himself into a situation that enabled the thief.

ElkMasterC
12-20-2009, 08:46 PM
You make a weak attempt at passing yourself off as a reasonably intellignet individual,

I think I have a new sigline.

OutWest
12-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Seems like we're starting to stray from the point here. I don't want to type too much though for fear of not sounding like a reasonably intelligent individual.

hardnocks
12-20-2009, 08:57 PM
just except the fact nobody agreed with your post frankie.

Franko Manini
12-20-2009, 09:07 PM
I think I have a new sigline.

Glad I could help out. Feel free to use it royalty free! ;-)

Franko Manini
12-20-2009, 09:11 PM
just except the fact nobody agreed with your post frankie.

Really?

I have to agree with this

Your research skills need significant refinement.

And I think you mean "accept" not "except". The quote I provided from WaterSkeeter was an "exception".

jessonml
12-20-2009, 09:18 PM
this is boring

Will
12-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Seems like we're starting to stray from the point here. I don't want to type too much though for fear of not sounding like a reasonably intelligent individual.
No worries nick ! You at least spelled it right so your one up already ! :lol:

You make a weak attempt at passing yourself off as a reasonably intellignet individual,
:rolleyes:

jessonml
12-20-2009, 09:19 PM
yawn... nap time.

OutWest
12-20-2009, 09:31 PM
No worries nick ! You at least spelled it right so your one up already ! :lol:

:rolleyes:

Haha thanks Will! I just realized that not your previous avatar of Nugent but the one prior to that was of Timothy Treadwell. Please tell me you're not a fan!!!

Will
12-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Timothy Treadwell. Please tell me you're not a fan!!!
Of course I'm a huge Fan......

.......... of the bear that ate him ! :-D

OutWest
12-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Of course I'm a huge Fan......

.......... of the bear that ate him ! :-D

Good to hear. I haven't seen Grizzly Man yet but I think I might have to.

husky30-06
12-20-2009, 10:06 PM
been gone from this thread for a while........ NASTY!!!!!!!!! lets move on and try to make to the next hunting season with a little less crap!!!!!!!

husky30-06
12-20-2009, 10:10 PM
my wife just got a look at the last few pages........... she called it the "jerry springer thread"

ElkMasterC
12-20-2009, 10:43 PM
From Grizzly Man:

I've always wished I was gay, it would have been a lot easier. You know, it's just Bing! Bing! Bing! - gay guys, no problem. They go to restrooms and truck stops and perform sex, it's like so easy for them and stuff.

Now the long horns are gone
And the drovers are gone
The Comanche's are gone
And the outlaws are gone
Now Quantro is gone
Stan Watie is gone
And the lion is gone
And the Red Wolf is gone
And Treadwell is gone...

Well thank God for small mercies.

The Hermit
12-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Franko - someone bite you in the ass? Bored?

In my opinion, the hunter made a number of decisions, and as is the case with almost all decisions there are inherent risks. In the matter of hiding and leaving the deer in the bush, consciously or not, doing so must have formed part of his risk management strategy!

Unfortunately for him hiding the deer in the bush was an insufficient means to deter the theft. Its a matter of probability really, I have field dressed game and left it out over night and thankfully no human asshole or for that matter no other animals have taken my prize so far. There are times and reasons where doing so is the right decision. It will probably happen to me at some point and when it does I hope to roll with the consequences of my decision.

I agree with your assessment of the WSBC issues regardless of whether he is employed by others or by himself.

I note with some humor that he decided to take his wife to work, which is not something I particularly want to do with the War Department but then again maybe his wife is hot! At least she is cool enough to actually accompany him on his work route and to be part of the hunt scenario, unlike yours or mine!! Stolen deer or not this is one lucky guy!!

hunter1947
12-21-2009, 07:48 AM
The way I see it when you see a cleaned animal that is in the bush look and then leave its as simple as that ,we all know that when you see a cleaned animal of any species you know it belongs to a hunter.

If someone takes this animal that has been cleaned then they are thiefs.....thats the way I see it.

ratherbefishin
12-21-2009, 08:06 AM
remember the guy who shot a nice buck and dropped into the pub on sooke rd to show it off-and when he came out-it was gone

OOBuck
12-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Here's my 2 bit's

Personally I will never shoot an animal unless I know I can deal with the aftermath right then & there. Meaning for the next day or two I will be committed to processing an animal. Shooting it while your unable to complete the task is pretty ignorant if you ask me. I don't care if your at work or on the way to a wedding or heading out fishing don't shoot something unless you can deal with it.

Now, if your stupid enough to steal someones game that's just sitting there your pretty ignorant also. I mean are you looking to get shot! What if an individual dragged it to the closest road and had to hike back for a machine or vehicle? Someone stealing game is just looking for an ass kick'in in my books..

I can see it from both sides. Neither are right in my eyes..

Lee
12-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Just 'cause this keeps going, and I had what I posted slightly misconstrued resulting in getting my teeth kicked in:

Here's my 2 bit's

Personally I will never shoot an animal unless I know I can deal with the aftermath right then & there. Meaning for the next day or two I will be committed to processing an animal. Shooting it while your unable to complete the task is pretty ignorant if you ask me. I don't care if your at work or on the way to a wedding or heading out fishing don't shoot something unless you can deal with it.

Now, if your stupid enough to steal someones game that's just sitting there your pretty ignorant also. I mean are you looking to get shot! What if an individual dragged it to the closest road and had to hike back for a machine or vehicle? Someone stealing game is just looking for an ass kick'in in my books..

I can see it from both sides. Neither are right in my eyes..

X2

ANYWAYS, has anyone had any INFORMATION to pass on that might HELP this individual retrieve his lost meat? ANYONE in a position to offer to donate some meat to this fellow? ANYONE care to?

Otherwise, lack of statement about 'seeing tracks or seeing a truck or noticing drag marks' indicating a person was responsible we can only speculate as to why the harvested deer went missing. Time to start a thread about "Why thieves suck and what we should do about them", which is what this has become.

F##king Bears!

THE SWEDE
12-21-2009, 02:55 PM
The internet rules

Kody94
12-21-2009, 03:14 PM

I only see it from one side. The other is not defensible.

How is this situation any different in practical terms than shooting something at last light, way up the mountain, gutting it, leaving it overnight and coming back to get it the next day? This is a pretty commonly accepted practice. I can't see any difference between doing that and leaving it near the road for a few hours until you can come back and get it.

Whoever took it is a thief, pure and simple. The guy who left it did nothing wrong, IMHO.

Ambush
12-21-2009, 03:31 PM
What if you have a huge load of firewood on your truck and you're on your way home. Come around a corner and there is the hard-to-come-by two point bull moose. So you shoot him. He's now laying 300 yards from the road in a little depression. You gut him and make the decision to make the 1/2 hour drive home, unload the wood and get some help.

Are you now a negligent idiot, just asking to have someone claim your moose?

I don't think so.

The shooter is in no way, shape or form responsible for someone stealing the deer.

Somebody saw the buck, wanted it and took it. Stolen!
And a person that would do that, would also tell his budies that he shot it.

Post the pictures of the stolen buck on as many forums as possible. At least he won't be able to show it off, or if he does, maybe he'll get caught.

12-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Ok
would anyone here take a dead deer shot by another hunter and bring it home?
no
i thought so
debate over done finnished every point has been argued but the bottom line is knowone responding to this thread aould take this deer
by

bridger
12-21-2009, 03:40 PM
x2 ambush right on

THE SWEDE
12-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Reading this really lets ya know how many Dirtbags are out there.I cant believe some of you guys defend these actions.No wonder the worlds fucted

d6dan
12-21-2009, 03:45 PM
This thread has been beat to death!!! Time for the Mods to put it out of its Misery!!!

Franko Manini
12-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Reading this really lets ya know how many Dirtbags are out there.I cant believe some of you guys defend these actions.No wonder the worlds fucted

I haven't read any responses that defended the actions of the thief.

Show me one.

A number of us are discussing the decisions made by the hunter that lead to him leaving the deer in the bush, creating an opportunity for theft to occur.

Maybe we should type more slowly for you...

Kody94
12-21-2009, 04:23 PM
A number of us are discussing the decisions made by the hunter that lead to him leaving the deer in the bush, creating an opportunity for theft to occur.

I don't get why. Does that somehow make him culpable?

One of my pet peeves is when people think that its partly the victims fault that something got stolen because they left it unlocked. It might not be the smartest decision, but it does not mitigate the thief's actions in any way shape or form.

You sure as heck shouldn't have to put a cable lock around your deer carcass if you leave it alone for a few hours.

THE SWEDE
12-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Make the victim look like a moron??
Maybe you need to accept that "You make a weak attempt at passing yourself off as a reasonably intellignet individual":mrgreen:

Happy Holidays Smarty pants

Jelvis
12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Would you leave your baby alone in the bush while you went to work ?
I don't think so, especially a big one, a 200 inch muley buck by the side of the road ? Do you think it would be there after eight hours lol --
Jel -- maybe not quite the same tho - lol -- 200 inch non-typical

OOBuck
12-21-2009, 08:39 PM
I only see it from one side. The other is not defensible.

How is this situation any different in practical terms than shooting something at last light, way up the mountain, gutting it, leaving it overnight and coming back to get it the next day? This is a pretty commonly accepted practice. I can't see any difference between doing that and leaving it near the road for a few hours until you can come back and get it.

Whoever took it is a thief, pure and simple. The guy who left it did nothing wrong, IMHO.

Sorry, I can get sleep the next day.. I'll work all night if I have to..

OOBuck
12-21-2009, 08:41 PM
What if you have a huge load of firewood on your truck and you're on your way home. Come around a corner and there is the hard-to-come-by two point bull moose. So you shoot him. He's now laying 300 yards from the road in a little depression. You gut him and make the decision to make the 1/2 hour drive home, unload the wood and get some help.

Are you now a negligent idiot, just asking to have someone claim your moose?

I don't think so.

The shooter is in no way, shape or form responsible for someone stealing the deer.

Somebody saw the buck, wanted it and took it. Stolen!
And a person that would do that, would also tell his budies that he shot it.

Post the pictures of the stolen buck on as many forums as possible. At least he won't be able to show it off, or if he does, maybe he'll get caught.

If he was employed by me he'd be looking for a new job! If ya want work, work! if not F/O!

OOBuck
12-21-2009, 08:44 PM

I can't believe your not taking this opportunity to stir up $hit! :-D:tongue:

Kody94
12-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry, I can get sleep the next day.. I'll work all night if I have to..

:) So its wrong to leave a dead deer/elk/moose/whatever over night, and it serves you right if someone comes along and steals it, eh?

LOL

OOBuck
12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
:) So its wrong to leave a dead deer/elk/moose/whatever over night, and it serves you right if someone comes along and steals it, eh?

LOL

Sure, Get it out unless your prepaired to loose it, same as anything I own lock it unless your willing to loose it.. It's what society has come to...

Kody94
12-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Sure, Get it out unless your prepaired to loose it, same as anything I own lock it unless your willing to loose it.. It's what society has come to...

Cuz of attitudes like that mainly. :)

OutWest
12-21-2009, 09:04 PM
I must be missing something. Theft is theft no matter what the circumstances. Many hunters who shoot animals at last light leave the animal, which hasn't been field dressed in the woods and come back in the morning. This deer was field dressed and on the side of the road. It's pretty pathetic that it came to this in my opinion.

Ambush
12-21-2009, 09:46 PM

So, I come across your truck in the bush and steal your spare tire and tool box. You come back to your truck and just shrug your shoulders and accept it as though you had it coming???

bad arrow
12-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey OObuck, you didn't shoot a nice 4 point on nov 8 between Chetwynd and tumbler did you?:)

shank
12-21-2009, 10:28 PM
i just saw this thread and it remined me of my very first deer i shot i was 18 and very exited about hunting on my own for the first time i left the house drove to a slash walk down the skidder road and shot my very first deer a nice 4 point but hey in all the exictment guess what i for got my knife so i left the deer and drove back to my house 2 hours later i came back and found my deer and cleaned it i was lucky i guess but hey theft is theft no matter what period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franko Manini
12-22-2009, 12:04 AM
I don't get why. Does that somehow make him culpable?

Nope, not at all, it just created an opportunity for the thief, and hence, led to this debate.

One of my pet peeves is when people think that its partly the victims fault that something got stolen because they left it unlocked. It might not be the smartest decision, but it does not mitigate the thief's actions in any way shape or form.

True, as I said, it just created the opportunity. Out of sight and out of mind keeps the honest thieves honest.

You sure as heck shouldn't have to put a cable lock around your deer carcass if you leave it alone for a few hours.

True dat.

Franko Manini
12-22-2009, 12:13 AM
So, I come across your truck in the bush and steal your spare tire and tool box. You come back to your truck and just shrug your shoulders and accept it as though you had it coming???

I'm sure anyone would be pissed off, but if it were me... and it has been, I also give myself a kick in the ass for enabling the thief. It's my own damn fault.

Too many people point to others as the source for a declining moral fibre in society, when first, they should consider taking some peorsonal responsibility.

Talk to any cop about break and enters, or theft from vehicles, and they will tell you at more than 80% of the time, it's a crime of opportunity. Crooks will move from house to house, or car to car until they find an open car/house, or low hanging fruit like a purse on the front seat.

The 80% number was based on a survey I conducted in from 1996 through 1998 on more than 10,000 property thefts in Victoria and area.

Imagine if we all worked to make it harder for thieves to operate easily, and prevented even 50% of the opportunistic crime. Our society would be a very different place with a 40% overall reduction in property crime.

pete_k
12-22-2009, 12:24 AM
what's the most viewed thread of all time?
Mods?
Can't sort by thread count?
This thread is a locomotive in it's momentum.

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Cuz of attitudes like that mainly. :)

If your stupid enough to not lock you shit and loose it, to F'in bad..

The Hermit
12-22-2009, 01:00 AM
In general I don't like people much anyway but I really HATE thieves. I lock my stuff up all the time, have a sophisticated alarm/fog/strobe light system that is designed to disorient and disable assailants to the point of puking, installed in my house and a big heavy vault bolted to the floor and walls for my guns and other valuables... still I know that if someone wants my stuff badly enough they will get it.

Still, in the back country I have left and will leave game out overnight if circumstances warrant it... to be honest I am always more worried about leaving my truck/quad/canoe/camp all day while I'm out hiking than I am about someone stumbling into my animal and stealing it!

Gateholio
12-22-2009, 01:10 AM
If I was to park in a visible area in a town, and leave a $100 bill on the dashboard, it is unwise, but it is not an invitation to break into my vehicle and steal the $100 bill.

Leaving a lawfully killed deer somewhere in the bush is quite common, and rarely is it unwise unless it is found by those that condone theft. Just last yar Bartell and I left a deer, went back, got my truck and drove it to an area where the pack out would only be 200 yards instead of a km.

Anyone advocating "too bad if you don't take precautions" are simply condoning theft.

landphil
12-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Definatly who ever stole the deer is a piece of sh$t.However if you get lucky enough to nail a buck like that you should at least make every effort to ensure it doos`nt get stolen.Hide the goddamn thing better or load it up right away.I sure as hell would have figured out a way to take it with me.No way I`d leave that beauty behind.Sorry for your loss.:(

Yup, I'd leave the wife behind some bushes and throw the buck in the passenger seat.:mrgreen:

If I was to park in a visible area in a town, and leave a $100 bill on the dashboard, it is unwise, but it is not an invitation to break into my vehicle and steal the $100 bill.

Leaving a lawfully killed deer somewhere in the bush is quite common, and rarely is it unwise unless it is found by those that condone theft. Just last yar Bartell and I left a deer, went back, got my truck and drove it to an area where the pack out would only be 200 yards instead of a km.

Anyone advocating "too bad if you don't take precautions" are simply condoning theft.

Well said Gatehouse! You should be able to leave your $100 dollar bill on the dash with the DOOR UNLOCKED, and find it there when you return. I too take steps to protect what I work hard for, and prevention is a good measure. Having said that, if punishment for theft (or other crimes) actually was a negative experience for the theif I think it would allow a person to safely leave a deer in the bush for an hour.

hunter1947
12-22-2009, 05:11 AM
Many of times I have left big game animals in the bush left it after cleaning it out.

Went back to camp to get help to get it out or left the entire animal in the bush that night and then went back the next morning to get the animal out of the bush and back to camp.

I have been luck over my entire hunting days I have not had any big game animals stoled except that one deer on the island years back.

Having a animal stolen is very uncommon thing to happen to any hunter ,the odds of anyone having there animal stolen is like being attacked from a cougar.

bad arrow
12-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Iv'e learned a thing or two from some guys here and some grizzlys I have known, if you just drive out and listen for shots to be fired then go over and club the shooter over the head and take his game after he has it out to the road and gutted. Its alot easier than busting my hump in the bush doing all that by myself, it would be the shooters fault for being distracted long enough for me to knock him on the head and take his game.

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 08:07 AM

Condoning theft, BULLSHIT! I would leave one guy to start hauling the game in the general direction of the road or whatever.

Just because your neighbourhood is similar to the deliverence movie set and your back woods neighbours wouldn't steal anything you might want to re-think your position if you were on Vancouver Island. :-D If you don't lock it you'll loose it!

Take for instance I use ramps to load my quad, do you think for a second that I'll just leave them in the back of my truck unchained? Not a freakin chance! So if I was to leave them sitting there unlocked I would be in the right? NO! I'd be a ----in IDIOT! The names Willy Tucker not Silly PHuCKER!

bad arrow
12-22-2009, 08:21 AM
OObuck, I guess its not that big a deal to drag out an Island buck, especially if you leave your partner to do it while you go get the truck, That wont work if you have a nice 4 point down in the interior, and its common to go get help, or in your case, its even more common to actually help your partner to drag out together even if you have to hold your partner at gun-point to do it.

Kody94
12-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Condoning theft, BULLSHIT! I would leave one guy to start hauling the game in the general direction of the road or whatever.

Just because your neighbourhood is similar to the deliverence movie set and your back woods neighbours wouldn't steal anything you might want to re-think your position if you were on Vancouver Island. :-D If you don't lock it you'll loose it!

If your stupid enough to not lock you shit and loose it, to F'in bad..

You're making my point for me. Thanks.

By putting some of the blame for the theft on the guy that left his property unattended, you are partially excusing the guy the stole it.

You didn't lock it, so its your own damn fault. ie. the person who owns the property is somehow to blame for it being stolen.

Theft is wrong. Leaving stuff unlocked is not wise (using Gatehouse's word), but it does not excuse or minimize the theft in any way. Turning these kinds of situations back on the owner does condone the theft in a way. Hang the fricken thief, not the victim.

Back to my point, attitudes like the one you are displaying is what has gotten us into the sorry mess we are in.

I can see the defence..."I didn't mean to steal it, but it was just laying there...I couldn't help myself...it was the owner's fault for not hiding it better.". Put a dozen OOBucks in the jury and he'd probably get off with a good scolding. ;)

Kody94
12-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Take for instance I use ramps to load my quad, do you think for a second that I'll just leave them in the back of my truck unchained? Not a freakin chance! So if I was to leave them sitting there unlocked I would be in the right? NO! I'd be a ----in IDIOT! The names Willy Tucker not Silly PHuCKER!

On the bolded part....Bullshit. You would absolutely be in the right. There is nothing "wrong" about owning stuff, using it and leaving it unattended. That's the part I'm debating.

The part in red, I agree with. ;)

Seriously though, I do agree its "stupid" to leave stuff unlocked. But to allow that to mitigate the theft is WRONG.

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 09:51 AM
You're making my point for me. Thanks.

By putting some of the blame for the theft on the guy that left his property unattended, you are partially excusing the guy the stole it.

You didn't lock it, so its your own damn fault. ie. the person who owns the property is somehow to blame for it being stolen.

Theft is wrong. Leaving stuff unlocked is not wise (using Gatehouse's word), but it does not excuse or minimize the theft in any way. Turning these kinds of situations back on the owner does condone the theft in a way. Hang the fricken thief, not the victim.

Back to my point, attitudes like the one you are displaying is what has gotten us into the sorry mess we are in.

I can see the defence..."I didn't mean to steal it, but it was just laying there...I couldn't help myself...it was the owner's fault for not hiding it better.". Put a dozen OOBucks in the jury and he'd probably get off with a good scolding. ;)

Perfect point as to why YOU need to read all the post's! Prior to opening you hole!

Maybe in your backwood living rosey color world nothing get stolen. Here its a little different. Lock it or loose it.

So I guess you leave the key for your vehicle in the ignition, Ya right! Don't be a freakin hippocrate!

You don't know shit about my opinion on theft, You could always come by and attempt to steal some my locked up stuff and find out?:twisted:

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 10:03 AM
There is nothing "wrong" about owning stuff, using it and leaving it unattended.

Unless you want it stolen!

12-22-2009, 10:07 AM
i admit it i stole it, the rack i threw out it was too much a heat score.
i couldnt help it i had to

Kody94
12-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Unless you want it stolen!

LOL. Somebody doesn't know the difference between right and wrong. :p

Kody94
12-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Perfect point as to why YOU need to read all the post's! Prior to opening you hole!

Maybe in your backwood living rosey color world nothing get stolen. Here its a little different. Lock it or loose it.

So I guess you leave the key for your vehicle in the ignition, Ya right! Don't be a freakin hippocrate!

You don't know shit about my opinion on theft, You could always come by and attempt to steal some my locked up stuff and find out?:twisted:

You've made my point, but you're missing it at the same time.

Leaving your keys in the ignition might make you stupid, but it doesn't make you wrong. It certainly does not make it less bad for someone to steal it, or "serve them right for being stupid".

How exactly am I a hypocrite?

bad arrow
12-22-2009, 11:14 AM
I think what OObuck is trying to say is if you see a vehicle with the keys in it you should take it, because the guy deserved to have it stolen.

Cariboospeed
12-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Things are different in da hood you know.

Kody94
12-22-2009, 11:26 AM
I think what OObuck is trying to say is if you see a vehicle with the keys in it you should take it, because the guy deserved to have it stolen.
That's how it sounds. :)

Onesock
12-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Taking personnal responsibility??????? Maybe this is why we have all these gun laws jammed down our throats now. Victims taking the responsibility?
OO Buck- Maybe you and Bubbles should move to a better neighbour hood!

ElkMasterC
12-22-2009, 11:53 AM

I think what he's saying is YOU should be charged, because you made that poor innocent victim a criminal by enticing him into a life of crime, when he really was on his way to volunteer at the Food Bank,
Shame on you!

hardnocks
12-22-2009, 11:57 AM
only in victoria...no wonder gordo`s wacked

bad arrow
12-22-2009, 12:39 PM
I think what he's saying is YOU should be charged, because you made that poor innocent victim a criminal by enticing him into a life of crime, when he really was on his way to volunteer at the Food Bank,
Shame on you!
Well I guess he could mean that, but I think he's trying to say that if its not nailed down then its yours, just dont get caught, but if you are caught then blame the victim.:)

pete_k
12-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Well I guess he could mean that, but I think he's trying to say that if its not nailed down then its yours, just dont get caught, but if you are caught then blame the victim.:)

I think he's saying victims of theft use poor judgement if choosing not to lock valuables. And not to expect any sympathy from him when/if your stuff gets stolen. (ie: you should know better) He's right, You should lock your valuables. Thieving is a fact of life. Just like breathing. It happens every minute of every day since the beginning of time. As far as sympathy, well that's subjective. Some guys are d**ks about it and some have empathy. I don't think he's condoning theft. Who on this site would? Serioulsy.

A neighbor of mine and I were discussing fire insurance a long time ago. She asked if I had any (I was renting a condo at the time). I said "no I dont". She told me not to go to her for help if all my stuff gets burned and that I should know better. I went out the next day and bought some insurance. (actualy I thought she was a bit wierd and maybe an arsonist giving me a warning)

It's a hard truth, but we have to protect our stuff with locks, chains and insurance and expect that it can be stolen at any moment. It's the world we live in. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

It sucks when someone steals your stuff and I don't wish it on anyone.
Thieves will be here and have been here forever.

Gateholio
12-22-2009, 01:37 PM
]
Condoning theft, BULLSHIT!

Clearly you are. Or at the very least you are somewhat excusing it because you believe if someone doesn't lock up thier stuff they would not be "in the right"

See below...

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Leaving your keys in the ignition might make you stupid, but it doesn't make you wrong. It certainly does not make it less bad for someone to steal it, or "serve them right for being stupid".

Not only does it make you stupid, but your insurance doesn't cover you so I guess in ICBC eye's & mine your wrong!

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 01:48 PM

Ya that's it!

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Things are different in da hood you know.

I see you noticed my point...

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 02:06 PM
I think he's saying victims of theft use poor judgement if choosing not to lock valuables. And not to expect any sympathy from him when/if your stuff gets stolen. (ie: you should know better) He's right, You should lock your valuables. Thieving is a fact of life. Just like breathing. It happens every minute of every day since the beginning of time. As far as sympathy, well that's subjective. Some guys are d**ks about it and some have empathy. I don't think he's condoning theft. Who on this site would? Serioulsy.

A neighbor of mine and I were discussing fire insurance a long time ago. She asked if I had any (I was renting a condo at the time). I said "no I dont". She told me not to go to her for help if all my stuff gets burned and that I should know better. I went out the next day and bought some insurance. (actualy I thought she was a bit wierd and maybe an arsonist giving me a warning)

It's a hard truth, but we have to protect our stuff with locks, chains and insurance and expect that it can be stolen at any moment. It's the world we live in. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

YAAAA, someone finally got it!!!! YAAAA!!! The arsonist shit is funny!! LOL

If your not prepared to loose it lock. Pretty plain & simple.
You have to be a moron to think that NOT protecting your possession by locking them is condoning theft!

Kody94
12-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Not only does it make you stupid, but your insurance doesn't cover you so I guess in ICBC eye's & mine your wrong!

You are a riot. ICBC is obviously not saying that its wrong to leave your vehicle unlocked. They're just saying they're not willing to gamble on your vehicle if you don't protect it from theft.

Kody94
12-22-2009, 02:16 PM

That's like saying women should dress in loose clothing or burkhas so that they don't entice sexual predators into raping. Or children should be less cute so societal deviants don't collect naked pictures of them.

Obviously it is the smart/wise/prudent thing to lock your stuff up, but it sure as hell doesn't make stealing it less wrong if you don't.

And accepting thievery as a fact of life just enables more of it.

THE SWEDE
12-22-2009, 02:19 PM
All i can say is wow..and shake my head

I guess unaccompanied married women are fair game to..I like to mow lawns

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 02:39 PM
That's like saying women should dress in loose clothing or burkhas so that they don't entice sexual predators into raping. Or children should be less cute so societal deviants don't collect naked pictures of them.

Obviously it is the smart/wise/prudent thing to lock your stuff up, but it sure as hell doesn't make stealing it less wrong if you don't.

EK backwoods logic, YEE HAW!!!

Nowhere do I condone or accept thievery? Take on the world Superman!

Not preparing against theft (ie: locking your stuff) is like not preparing for an earthquake.

THE SWEDE
12-22-2009, 02:40 PM
EK backwoods logic, YEE HAW!!!

Nowhere do I condone or accept thievery? Take on the world Superman!

Not preparing against theft (ie: locking your stuff) is like not preparing for an earthquake.

Or space invaders and zombie attacks

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 02:42 PM
All i can say is wow..and shake my head

I guess unaccompanied married women are fair game to..I like to mow lawns

LOL!!! Beautiful!!!

Keep an eye on your law mower:-D

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 02:44 PM

LOL!!! That funny shit!!!

bad arrow
12-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm just jerking you around OObuck, I know what you mean, yes a guy should not leave his possession's out to tempt a thief, granted, but dont call leaving a buck unattended as "ignorant". I have and many other's have done and do leave game unattended for a number of reason's, especially when they get older. I am 200lbs and in good shape, if I have to drag for more than an hour I go get help, a packboard or whatever I need. I have left game overnight a couple of times because they ran off wounded and I had to hunt them down and packout in the morning. You are just asking for trouble to pack out game in the dark in some cases. It used to be that a guy could trust his fellow man to not steal, especially another hunter, and I think for the most part I still can, but a thief is a thief plain and simple.

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm just jerking you around OObuck, I know what you mean, yes a guy should not leave his possession's out to tempt a thief, granted, but dont call leaving a buck unattended as "ignorant". I have and many other's have done and do leave game unattended for a number of reason's, especially when they get older. I am 200lbs and in good shape, if I have to drag for more than an hour I go get help, a packboard or whatever I need. I have left game overnight a couple of times because they ran off wounded and I had to hunt them down and packout in the morning. You are just asking for trouble to pack out game in the dark in some cases. It used to be that a guy could trust his fellow man to not steal, especially another hunter, and I think for the most part I still can, but a thief is a thief plain and simple.

I take it you did get the sarcasm in the response:-D

stitch
12-22-2009, 03:23 PM

Wow...did this thread just sideways?

OOBuck
12-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow...did this thread just sideways?

Can ya tell everyone is bored...:???:

Kody94
12-22-2009, 03:44 PM

I clearly deserve everything I get in a zombie attack, cuz I ain't never done nuthin to prepare fer it.

12-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Can ya tell everyone is bored...:???:

not with all these fun threads to read.

pete_k
12-22-2009, 04:13 PM

You sound like a good guy, cuz that statement does have nobility and that's a respectable trait in anyone. But!.. put down the Disney DVD and think it through a bit.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

Accepting thievery as a fact of life is accepting the truth about some people (albiet an ugly truth). Good, Bad and Ugly. People are people.
You can't change people. Just my 02

ps: what do you mean by "accepting thievery". Do you mean that it's not punished enough? Could mean a few things.

Will
12-22-2009, 07:08 PM
We bought my Wifes Grandfather's house about 12 years ago..........the door locks didn't work.
They hadn't in the 25 or so years prior to us moving in. Does that make him a moron or an idiot ? Had he been robbed would it have been his fault ?
Nope, he never locked the house....seems he grew up in a time when a man's home was his. He never locked his car nor the tool shed, either.

Sad times when we begin to accept that anything not bolted down should and or will be stolen ??? I myself refuse to accept that as normal.

I am dumbfounded that certain individuals actually hint it's the victims fault in these occurences somehow ?

WTF is wrong with people..........? :-|

Jelvis
12-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Used to be theft under a thousand dollars, now with inflation it's theft under over 5000 dollars over or under, a deer is worth 200 dollars for the courts up here. A 200 dollar fine for deer and an elk $17,000.00 for an elk now.
New day and age, new fines and information.
If you drive hammered, your going to get nailed.
Jello-shotz

Kody94
12-22-2009, 08:25 PM
You sound like a good guy, cuz that statement does have nobility and that's a respectable trait in anyone. But!.. put down the Disney DVD and think it through a bit.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

Accepting thievery as a fact of life is accepting the truth about some people (albiet an ugly truth). Good, Bad and Ugly. People are people.
You can't change people. Just my 02

ps: what do you mean by "accepting thievery". Do you mean that it's not punished enough? Could mean a few things.

I don't live in a fantasy world, except when I watch Victoria Secret commercials.

I am not saying that theft is not a fact of life that we have to live with. I AM saying that treating the victim like the perp because he didn't lock his stuff down is flat wrong. When folks start thinking that the victim had it coming because he should have gone to greater lengths to protect his stuff, then they start being more accepting and lenient towards the actual criminals. Attitudes like that end up with folks empathizing with the thieves, resulting in lighter sentences, or less likelihood of even trying to catch them and/or lay charges in the first place. It ain't OK to mess with someone else's property...locked, loose or otherwise. We shouldn't tolerate it, or lessen the crime by blaming the victims. Thats all I'm saying.

I've had plenty of my shit stolen over the years. I don't consider that "just the way it is, so get used to it". I also don't figure it was OK or my fault that some punks emptied my truck of my cool shit because I mistakenly left a door unlocked one night, when I was living practically in the middle of nowhere -- they had no right coming in my yard, looking in my truck or opening the door, let alone taking anything. I get f=)ckin mad and try to do something about it. Too bad everyone apparently doesn't.

Lee
12-22-2009, 09:08 PM
What came first: the chicken or the egg?
Assuming you can trust everyone in the world because that's how it should be is an ignorance all in itself. Would that the world worked like that. Learning who you can trust is a day to day event, as people of a 'lesser moral fiber' are often the ones deceiving you into believing they are trustworthy. Remarkably they are also the ones to play their hands early and show you the deception and dishonesty they are capable of.....and you may never even know that you are looking at it. It's great that people on these boards are so heated about where they stand, and I'm pretty sure we'd all be standing on the same side when push came to shove, despite some of the 'friendly' comments made to one another.

I stated earlier: "Lesson learned?" and it sounded totally ashholish, I admit it. All sarcasm and ass#holing aside....Lesson learned? Don't leave it to chance. Know why you are doing what you are doing, whether it's hunting, skiing, f#cking, etc and protect yourself as best you can. You aren't an idiot or a f#cking moron for having something stolen from you, but you sure might feel that way because you were careless with something you held with esteem.

We all make mistakes, as humans we are programmed to. Learn from them and the mistakes of others, hopefully you end up a better person for it.

BTW, this is great publicity for someone to see that rack and point it out knowing why they recognize it, but we are being so counterproductive with our bickering that it's no longer worth it. Post the original message maybe, sticky it and LOCK it out so we can let this one die.....and if it wasn't an animal or a paiute that took it maybe something will come of it.

Will
12-22-2009, 11:02 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Steve_s_deer_008_1.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Steve_s_deer_0101.jpg

sawmill
12-23-2009, 02:32 AM
As I said before,sucks that the deer was stolen.Hide the next one better.End of me on this topic.

Ovis17
12-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Empathy for criminals and an "oh well" attitude has become a real problem in this 2009 society. To the people who blame the hunter who harvested this buck......give your heads a shake. I spend my holiday time, money for fuel to get there, the effort to search, harvest and retrieve my animal.....just so some goof can help themselves. I don't think so.

Will said it best........WTF is wrong with people.:evil:

I have caught people red handed stealing my $hit in the past, and let me tell you..... things went very poorly for them.

hunter1947
12-23-2009, 05:53 AM
The problem in this world now a days is that there are to many bum heads that don't have any respect for others ,its a sad thing http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif.

I hope this person that ,I guess I should say took this deer has the same thing happen to him in the near future.

Respect for others is all about what this thread boils down to ,thank god most of us have that respect we show ,if we did not there sure would be a lot of people walking around with broken bones and cut up faces.

bad arrow
12-23-2009, 06:38 AM
So then just to summarize, most hunters are not gonna steal from you, but some guys will rip you off if you dont lock it or nail it down. Some guys think its your fault if you get ripped off (someone else), but some guys think its the fault of the thief (thats me). Some guys think if you catch a thief you should be more understanding (someone else) and some guys think they need a ass kicking (me again). I am still wondering if OObuck was up near tumbler on Nov 8 and came home with a nice 4 point, so far he hasn't denied it.:)

OOBuck
12-23-2009, 09:46 AM
So then just to summarize, most hunters are not gonna steal from you, but some guys will rip you off if you dont lock it or nail it down. Some guys think its your fault if you get ripped off (someone else), but some guys think its the fault of the thief (thats me). Some guys think if you catch a thief you should be more understanding (someone else) and some guys think they need a ass kicking (me again). I am still wondering if OObuck was up near tumbler on Nov 8 and came home with a nice 4 point, so far he hasn't denied it.:)

Ya it was me, I drove 800 miles took two lovely BC ferry cruses and was back in time for work on Monday.. Ok ya got me, now what? :cry:

OOBuck
12-23-2009, 09:52 AM
What came first: the chicken or the egg?
Assuming you can trust everyone in the world because that's how it should be is an ignorance all in itself. Would that the world worked like that. Learning who you can trust is a day to day event, as people of a 'lesser moral fiber' are often the ones deceiving you into believing they are trustworthy. Remarkably they are also the ones to play their hands early and show you the deception and dishonesty they are capable of.....and you may never even know that you are looking at it. It's great that people on these boards are so heated about where they stand, and I'm pretty sure we'd all be standing on the same side when push came to shove, despite some of the 'friendly' comments made to one another.

I stated earlier: "Lesson learned?" and it sounded totally ashholish, I admit it. All sarcasm and ass#holing aside....Lesson learned? Don't leave it to chance. Know why you are doing what you are doing, whether it's hunting, skiing, f#cking, etc and protect yourself as best you can. You aren't an idiot or a f#cking moron for having something stolen from you, but you sure might feel that way because you were careless with something you held with esteem.

We all make mistakes, as humans we are programmed to. Learn from them and the mistakes of others, hopefully you end up a better person for it.

BTW, this is great publicity for someone to see that rack and point it out knowing why they recognize it, but we are being so counterproductive with our bickering that it's no longer worth it. Post the original message maybe, sticky it and LOCK it out so we can let this one die.....and if it wasn't an animal or a paiute that took it maybe something will come of it.

Great points!

It's not worth the argument as I found out yesterday or sssshilter will unleash a shit storm on you for your opinion's

Kody94
12-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Great points!

It's not worth the argument as I found out yesterday or sssshilter will unleash a shit storm on you for your opinion's

Sssshitstorm? You r taking me too seriously. :) I am just trying to get to 2000 posts before the New Year and you being wrong gave me a window of opportunity. ;) :p :D

bad arrow
12-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Ya it was me, I drove 800 miles took two lovely BC ferry cruses and was back in time for work on Monday.. Ok ya got me, now what? :cry:
I didn't think you could have done it and been back at work on time, at least not alone, I was just checking because you can never be to careful these days. Some clever investigator could take your quote and say its a pretty solid confession.:mrgreen:

The Hermit
12-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Sssshitstorm? You r taking me too seriously. :) I am just trying to get to 2000 posts before the New Year and you being wrong gave me a window of opportunity. ;) :p :D

LMAO HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA!!!

OOBuck
12-23-2009, 02:25 PM
LMAO HAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA!!!

That's enough out of you... besides he's wrong.. :-D:?

bigshark
12-23-2009, 02:42 PM
he should have posted a note on in saying he will be back to pick up but guess he never thought this would happen. did he tag it? if not then he deserved it. why leave good meat laying around for the wild to get. if i saw it I would have taken it as to not waste the meat but would have also reported it to the CO's.

pete_k
12-23-2009, 03:18 PM
he should have posted a note on in saying he will be back to pick up but guess he never thought this would happen. did he tag it? if not then he deserved it. why leave good meat laying around for the wild to get. if i saw it I would have taken it as to not waste the meat but would have also reported it to the CO's.

Good thinking.
Make sure you do just that. Post the results on here after you do.

BlacktailStalker
12-23-2009, 03:24 PM
I am curious if he tagged it also. (curious about the honest answer)

ElkMasterC
12-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Wow......is this thread still going?

Sponsored by Energizer?

Jelvis
12-23-2009, 03:32 PM
You better not have left a nice buck on the side of a main road that you nailed and did not cancel a tag, and leave it ... this is beyond insecurity lol --
.. is this a bs story or a real story ? lol -- somethins fishy --
Jel -- painting your self into the corner lol -- tag soup -- ? What you gotta be kiddin me, C'mon Man

ElkMasterC
12-23-2009, 07:19 PM
If some people ruled the world: (http://www.explosm.net/comics/519/)

Used with permission:

http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Rob/court.jpg (http://www.explosm.net/comics/519/)
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net (http://www.explosm.net/)