PDA

View Full Version : Spot

444marlin
12-15-2009, 10:25 AM
After exclaiming how good the new SPOT-2 is, I received an email last night regarding a voluntary recall of these units bought since Oct 1, 2009

Spot LLC is dedicated to providing the highest quality and best performance products to our customers, therefore, Spot LLC will be conducting a voluntary return on any new model SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger™ (SPOT 2) purchased since October 1, 2009. During recent testing, we discovered that some of the new SPOT 2 devices might not meet battery and messaging operating specifications.
Spot LLC guarantees we will exchange your product free of charge and send your replacement unit when product is available.

Taking no chances. Mine is going back.

gamer
12-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Too bad I was getting one from the wife. Guess I'll have to wait now. Did they give you an ETA on new unit?

srupp
12-15-2009, 11:00 AM
new ones will be out 'early 2010"....end of January..

cheers
Steven

Kye
12-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Got an email back from them today saying that my unit doesn't have to be returned. If when you log in to your homepage a message doesn't come up apparently your unit is good. I will have to do a little more research on the recall and I might send it back anyways, it's a pretty important piece of equipment that I don't want to be concerned about.

scott
12-15-2009, 11:32 AM
I have a spot 1. it doesn't work too well in trees. needs to be pretty open. would be interesting to see the difference with the new one. but I can't justify buying a new one when this one is only 6 months old.

Ozone
12-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Just went to register mine (Spot 2) and got the same "send it back in" notice. Glad Im not realy doing much outing now. I also hope when they send the new one they dont send it UPS so I get stuck with a large duty bill.

EvanG
01-07-2010, 08:59 PM
I ve been waiting for a few weeks as well anyone hear anything yet?

The Hermit
01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Dear Canadian SPOT 2 Subscriber
Thank you very much for completing the Voluntary Product Return information. To help serve our Canadian customers better the process for Canadians will be slightly different that noted in the email you recently received after submitting your SPOT 2 information.
In Canada, upon unit availability in early 2010, customers will be emailed instructions outlining how to exchange your existing SPOT 2 unit for a NEW SPOT 2 unit. Please keep your SPOT 2 unit until this time.
You will not be receiving return shipping materials within 5-7 business days as noted in the previous email.
We appreciate your patience in this matter and look forward to continuing to meet your satellite messaging needs.

Regards

The SPOT Team