PDA

View Full Version : recipe

brock77
12-13-2009, 08:42 PM
so I'm looking around the site for a good deer roast recipe, and have come across a lot.
So many to choose from, mouth watering, drool hanging from my bottom lip, staring at the computer screen looking like homer Simpson. what to do?
BTW i think newhunterette needs a section of her own, so many damn recipes. yummmmm

Beaverhunter
12-13-2009, 08:55 PM
alrecipes.com type in venison roast they will give you a slow cooker recipe

Shooter
12-13-2009, 09:04 PM
I just finished some tenderloin roast. I take one backstrap and cut it in half. Then I season it well and then sear it well also. After seared I put both halves together so they cook evenly and wrap them with bacon to keep them moist. Then I cook them at 400 for about 20 minutes and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing into nice medallions. Mmmm Mmmm good.

Maverick7
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
slice it into steak cover in soy sauce and lea and perrins. and then sear it both sides on a frying pan. breaskfast lunch and dinnner. awesome.

Dirty
12-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Cut roast into steaks. Grill. That is all. I hate deer roasts, but that is just me.

1/2 slam
12-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Quarter up 2-3 garlic cloves (More if you want)
Cut some small pockets in the roast for the garlic
Insert the garlic evenly around the roast
Season (I like Hyes Seasoning salt)
Wrap in bacon
Slow cook at 275 until medium rare

Enjoy!

dime
12-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Cut roast into steaks. Grill. That is all. I hate deer roasts, but that is just me.

I agree, more flavour from a roast if cut into steaks. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
Deer steaks
Salt, pepper
1/2 cup Wine
1/2 cup Cream
Butter

Try this recipe for venison steaks in a two minute gravy.
Salt and pepper steaks lightly, while heating pan ( do not use a non stick pan) to medium heat. Pan must be nice and hot before you add the steaks.
Throw steaks in dry - do not add any oil or fat.
Cook to your liking-medium rare in my house, remove from pan.
Since you added no fat, there should be a lot of browned bits stuck to the pan. This is the good stuff.
Pour in about a half cup of wine or so, scraping the pan to get off the browned bits and boil on high heat until only a couple of tablespoons remain.
Pour in about a half cup of whipping cream, boil until sauce starts to thicken up and will coat the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and add a wad of butter (couple of tablespoons)
Add salt- you want it to be fairly salty as the meat and potatoes that you are pouring the sauce over will be relatively bland. Usually about 1/2 a teaspoon or to taste.
Pour over meat.