PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Scope Question

Jonas111
12-13-2009, 11:54 AM
If you were to sell two Leupold Scopes where would you try to sell them?

Just wondering if there is another place to sell these items in Canada?

Thanks in advance

Hank Hunter
12-13-2009, 11:58 AM
here or on canadiangunnutz

dave_83golf
12-13-2009, 12:01 PM
What kinda scopes, and how much do you want for them? im going to be looking for a scope for the wifes gun soon... PM me with details if you would like...

Cheers,
Dave

Jonas111
12-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I have them in the classified section on this site. One is Mark 4 4.5-14 x 50 MD. The other is a VX-L 4.5-14 x 50 B&C reticle with alumina flip up covers. Both in mint condition.

Thanks for the other website info.

killman
12-13-2009, 12:42 PM
The trick to selling stuff fast is not to ask new prices for used items. Once something is open and used it is "used" not many thing increase in value the more it is used.

dave_83golf
12-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Too much for this guy... Thanks though

Jonas111
12-13-2009, 01:08 PM
What has increased in value now that it is used. Both items are listed below what I paid for them one year ago. And from the homework I have done you can't buy them lower then what I listed them for.

Please feel free to fill me in on more tricks. Must be my first time selling something.

Slime green cat
12-13-2009, 01:14 PM
from the homework I have done you can't buy them lower then what I listed them for.

I should hope not :???: they are used .... not new :wink:
Used is used ... just because you payed 1450 for something a year ago and its mint, doesn't mean its still worth $1350 ??
If I was going to spend that much on a scope, I would spend the extra couple hundered and get brand new .
You paid $1450 ..... I would say 8-$900 for it now that its "used"

Not trying to be a prick, its just the way I see it .

Hank Hunter
12-13-2009, 01:23 PM
for the items listed I think your asking price is fair, try listing them on gunnutz

steel_ram
12-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Leupold scopes hold their value and the exceptional warranty covers any flaws, however most would rather spend an extra $100 to buy with confidence from a known retailer than sight unseen from a stranger.

canadiangunnutz is your best bet for selling special market stuff like MK 4's and mildot reticles.

killman
12-13-2009, 01:28 PM
What has increased in value now that it is used. Both items are listed below what I paid for them one year ago. And from the homework I have done you can't buy them lower then what I listed them for.

Please feel free to fill me in on more tricks. Must be my first time selling something.

I never said you where asking more than new. But like some one else said I would spend the extra $100 and buy new! I said if you want to sell them fast they need to be priced accordingly.

Good luck with your sales.

Jonas111
12-13-2009, 01:29 PM
The reason I purchased Leupold is because of there ability to retain value. If I thought for one second a scope would depreciate by 40% in less then a year then I would never purchase it.

I have it as OBO as well and I am not in a hurry. Its just going towards more hunting equipment anyway.

I am not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers here and I appreciate some peoples honest opinions.

log_roller
12-13-2009, 02:41 PM
The reason I purchased Leupold is because of there ability to retain value. If I thought for one second a scope would depreciate by 40% in less then a year then I would never purchase it.

I have it as OBO as well and I am not in a hurry. Its just going towards more hunting equipment anyway.

I am not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers here and I appreciate some peoples honest opinions.

try trading them for somthing you want for hunting some people have a hard time forking over cash but are more likely to swap I do it all the time

knighthunter
12-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Another site is AlbertaOutdoorsman.com

MuleyMadness
12-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I too would list them on www.canadiangunnutz.com (http://www.canadiangunnutz.com) It really is the best used firearm and accessories marketplace in the country. Though I do personally won't pay more than 80% of retail for any used item, regardless of how good fo shape it's in or what brand it is...quite frankly there is simply too much too choose from out there to pay more than that.

landphil
12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Well one is a savings of $285 over new if you incl. taxes, the other is $460 below new incl taxes. Provided you didn't pay way too much new, it sounds like a good deal to me. If I had the $$$ and was in the market, I'd certainly check it out. Try posting pics in your ads - it certainly does help IMHO. Good luck!

d6dan
12-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Another site is

www.predatorhuntcanada.ca (http://www.predatorhuntcanada.ca)

MuleyMadness
12-14-2009, 03:13 PM
I think it's also important to remember that these are a couple of fairly high end items, and as such you may need the broadest possible market (especially at this time of year) to find someone that both is interested AND has the cash to come out and play...that's why I like gunnutz...it really is a very big marketplace