PDA

View Full Version : coyote honey holes

peashooter
12-12-2009, 10:02 AM
probably been done before but just wondering if anyone has or wants to give up a spot for some coyote hunting. would like to try some calling as i have never done it before. thanks. oh yeah i like in the okanagan valley.

wrenchhead
12-12-2009, 10:59 AM
there are tones of good spots. just go for a drive on the main FSRs that are plowed and look for concentrations of tracks and set up near there in an open area if you can. biggest thing with dogs is working the wind they will more often then not circle down wind of a call.
and another thing i rarely see dogs when its really windy out.

lightmag
12-12-2009, 12:44 PM
clear cuts, set up, call, wait, boom

peashooter
12-12-2009, 01:12 PM
mornings, nights, anytime?

Fourpoint
12-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I know of 3 places within 10K than people would be more than happy to see you and tell you exactly where they are. Calving season is coming and they are getting braver and braver. We are surrounded every night. Send me a pm and I will tell you where.

Canadian Dad
12-12-2009, 07:33 PM
What's the basic time limit for waiting after calling or decoying? Say maybe 1-2 hours?
Is it a run and gun sort of thing or patience rules?

fumder
12-15-2009, 10:46 AM
i'm kinda interested to know too, i'd like to start pickin off yotes, but never done it, nor has anyone i know.

what times of the day are best to try calling? how long should you wait between calls?

nolan-sawka
12-15-2009, 09:25 PM
get out early morning start calling if you dont see any action move spots your not going to pull a dog out of every place you call. open softly first, "most people blow the dogs out of the area" my call sequence is 15sec calling wait a min call another 15 wait so on about 3-5 min get louder. rules are 15-20min max for yotes 35min-1hr max for cats, iv called dogs out in the middle of the day, another thing get a howler and learn to howl i get way better responsis from howling then distress, i always open up howling if nothing switch to distress