PDA

View Full Version : Trapping

flyhigh_206
12-12-2009, 04:39 AM
Hey all not to sure if this is the right section for my question but ill take the shot anyways I'm living in Kelowna and I would like to take the trappers course this year but have nnnnnnnnnnooooooooo idea who to contact or how to sign up thanks for your comments -Mike

hunter1947
12-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Call the wildlife branch and they will direct you to the right person to get a hold of.

blacklab
12-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Pete, on this sight used to offer courses out of Vernon.

afors
12-12-2009, 10:04 AM
I am waiting for a reply from BC Trappers Assoc. regarding the same thing. I will let you know what they say.

Here is the website, you can contact them if you want and also order the manual in the education section.

http://www.bctrappers.bc.ca/

Pete
12-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Folks I am gearing up to instruct a Trapper Education course possibly the 3rd week in Jan if I get enough bodies. Course will run Friday, Sat and Sunday You can reach me through this site or through the BCTA office in PG @250 962-5452
Pete

brock77
12-12-2009, 11:04 AM
how does that work? after getting your trapping license, can you register for any trap line that you have in mind?. can you build a small cabin on this line?. where can i find all the ins and out of trapping, can some one from the site that is a trapper give me any info

Pete
12-12-2009, 11:42 AM
how does that work? after getting your trapping license, can you register for any trap line that you have in mind?. can you build a small cabin on this line?. where can i find all the ins and out of trapping, can some one from the site that is a trapper give me any info

Having a Trapping Licences does not allow you to trap where ever you want. The Province is divided into Registered Traplines and only the Registered Trapper(s) are allowed to trap these areas. Even the Registered Trapper(s) are not allowed to trap private property on their traplines unless they have written permission of the owner. Traplines are bought and sold from one trapper to the next. In the event one comes free it may go to auction. The biggest issue that we have at the moment is individuals who own traplines who are not working them. Some of these lines have not been used in years. The owner of a Trapline is required to take a minimumof 50 plets or $200 per year to keep their line active. Yes you are allowed to construct a cabin on your trapline. Based on the Sq. Km will dictate the number of cabins you will be allowed. Cabins. You cannot just throw up a cabin anywhere. There is an approval process that involves MOE, MOF as well may include 1st Nations.