PDA

View Full Version : What would you do part 2

GoatGuy
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
So your buddy has a grizz tag, it's April and it's sunny - the snow should be melting quick and there's a couple of slides (4 to be precise) that always hold bears early.

Get some time off work and decide to giver 'er a go. The area you're going into is about a 12 kms hike/bike ride in.

Luckily they were logging last winter so you're able to ride the bikes in which is nice cause it doesn't take nearly as long to get in.

Sit down, set up on a particular slide and start glassing. 20 minutes later a sow comes out and starts chowing down. Things look good. There's a big boar in the area that you've seen the year before and you know he hits this spot early.

An hour later the outfitter and his client come up and sit a couple feet behind you on a log. They don't say hi or anything else, just pull up right behind you and start glassing.

What do you do?

.300WSMImpact!
12-11-2009, 05:39 PM
shoot first, if the bear comes out that is, ;)

.300WSMImpact!
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
do you eat grizzly bear? or just for the hide

Ozone
12-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Tell them to **** off, if they didnt, I would start to explain the inerferance laws to the client making sure he would never be a customer again.

Darksith
12-11-2009, 05:49 PM
speak your mind. first come first serve, tell the guide he should respect you as you would him. If he doesn't leave, start making a shit load of noise and let him know you'll be back everyday with an airhorn.

ThinAir
12-11-2009, 05:50 PM
The client is probably fat and lazy.....so my chances of beating them to the bear are good!:-D

sparkes3
12-11-2009, 05:51 PM
every bear that came out would be greeted by a few shots over its head.and then i would follow the outfitter each and every morning for a long time just to show him what its like to be dealing with a a$$hole

stitch
12-11-2009, 05:56 PM
That...I'd sort it out in a hurry. We were in camp a few years back and had been set up for a few days. It was in a pull out and lots of area to camp. At 10 at night two guys show up with their trailer and stat to set up not more that 5 feet ( and I mean 5 feet) from our wall tent. We have game in camp....2 trucks...wall tent and a cook shack. ...sorry didn't mean to high jack...it just got me fired up :twisted:

Kudu
12-11-2009, 06:03 PM
So your buddy has a grizz tag, it's April and it's sunny - the snow should be melting quick and there's a couple of slides (4 to be precise) that always hold bears early.

Get some time off work and decide to giver 'er a go. The area you're going into is about a 12 kms hike/bike ride in.

Luckily they were logging last winter so you're able to ride the bikes in which is nice cause it doesn't take nearly as long to get in.

Sit down, set up on a particular slide and start glassing. 20 minutes later a sow comes out and starts chowing down. Things look good. There's a big boar in the area that you've seen the year before and you know he hits this spot early.

An hour later the outfitter and his client come up and sit a couple feet behind you on a log. They don't say hi or anything else, just pull up right behind you and start glassing.

What do you do?

I would Introduce myself to the visiting party, and let them know that It is my intentions to hunt the Grizz.

I would invite the outfitter to use this opportunity as a "look and learn" for his client, on condition that he buys the first round at the pub later - and hell it was all for free and great education to boot..

dana
12-11-2009, 06:06 PM
I would take out my thermos and offer the client a cup of coffee and ask him how his Canadian experience has been thus far. When the boar feeds out, I'd get up, shake his hand and say, "May the best hunter win". And off I'd go to make a play on the bear. ;)

BlacktailStalker
12-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I'd start sighting my rifle in right then and there, tell him I wounded one shortly before they got there and want to make sure my rifle isnt off before going after it :lol:
If you see my buddy Bob with a draw up the trail, let him know I have one down if ya don't mind :)

steelheadSABO
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
shoot the bear

Stone Sheep Steve
12-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Were they using horses or driving???

I'd pretend I was a raging homosexual and start hitting on the client:-D.

SSS

Dirty
12-11-2009, 06:43 PM

SSS

That shouldn't be a stretch for you.

Wild one
12-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I would introduce my self to be positive he knew I was there. If he did not leave after that I would ask why he does not just go to one of his other spots as he is lowering the odds of his clients harvest staying here. After that I would just make him look like an A$$ in front of his client and have fun doing it.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-11-2009, 07:07 PM

THE SWEDE been talking in his sleep again??:tongue:

SSS

Summit 512
12-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Well said dana......thank you

Islandeer
12-11-2009, 07:18 PM

Like he said. *****.. that's tough to type in after Xmas party wobblies. :confused::confused:

Stone Sheep Steve
12-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Better yet...break out the video cam and start filming. Nothing speaks louder than a video cam in your face.

SSS

Dirty
12-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Better yet...break out the video cam and start filming. Nothing speaks louder than a video cam in your face.

SSS

That's sounds better than your last plan. You might have ended up with something in your face if you went with the other.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM
That's sounds better than your last plan. You might have ended up with something in your face if you went with the other.

Maybe use both plans at the same time...and make some money on the net:wink:.

SSS

Gateholio
12-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I'd just be myself....:tongue:

Jelvis
12-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I like Dana's response, real kewl dude.
Jel -- have a hot coffee, chat a bit and go after the huge boar -- good one --

spear
12-11-2009, 08:28 PM
I like Dana's response. Introduce myself, tell them of my intentions with the hunt, wish them luck. Nothing but class.

although, it would be satisfying to cut their boot laces.

Ambush
12-11-2009, 08:30 PM
If a guide actually did that, that would take some gall. And if the client let him, I'd have no respect for either and would act accordingly.

I'd probably park myself ten feet behind them and fire a round over their heads. If they could read lips, they could understand me saying, ".. damn saftey"

I doubt they'd want to continue hunting grizzly until their hearing returned.

proguide66
12-11-2009, 08:33 PM
If the ' guide' was THAT much of an idiot to actually expect to have a paying client happy to sit where 'someone else' is sitting and STILL PAY for the hunt he should be kicked in the nutz......if the guide was going to be that disrespectfull he should be kicked in the nutz !:wink:

Fixit
12-11-2009, 08:48 PM
im assuming that they saw you????

I might ask client if he wanted a real guide instead of this guy who knows nothing and just follows me around ?

very dissrespectfull

Casagrande
12-11-2009, 08:50 PM

SSS
Just about covered the computer in red wine.

Casagrande
12-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Computer very wet.

oscar makonka
12-11-2009, 09:14 PM
I'd tell them all about the B&C Grizz we got on that slide yesterday.

deer nut
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
This and the "I'd like to ask you to leave" thread are bizarre! If someone acted like that to me, I'd want to slap 'em!

We have to be polite to the antis so as not to perpetuate stereotypes, but for both these examples....I think a good old-fashioned beating is in order!

But I just talk tough....I sicken myself sometimes with how polite and non-confrontational I have become.....

Jelvis
12-11-2009, 09:27 PM
deer nut -- well said, we, all, are taught not to hurt others, physically.
Jel -- actions speak louder than words --

Lee
12-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Chamber a round, turn to the G.O and say, "Okay now ah dun showed joo ware the bears at ah want my fiddy bucks mister......gee looks like yer gunna have to pay dubble cuz yah dun brotcher frind witcha.... 'less he plans on payin wit dat purty mouth...."

and pray to god one of them had $100 with him......

GoatGuy
12-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Interesting perspectives, bit different than part 1.

Good learning here.

hunter1947
12-12-2009, 06:24 AM
I would say to them don't you have any respect for other hunters http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif.

I was here and set up before you sat down beside me ,if your any kind of person you would take your client and leave this draw where I am set up..

If he said well I was in this area hours before I saw you ,then you say I don't own this land and you have all the rights to hunt it but show some respect and don't come here and sit where I am sitting.

If you are going to be an asshole about the hole thing I will beat you to the draw if a boar comes out so I will not move I will keep glassing and stay right where I am.

rockdog
12-12-2009, 11:37 AM

SSS

whaddya mean "pretend" ?
See ya at the fights Brent!

358mag
12-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I would get Riley Winchester to get a big wad of chew and spit it the guides eye!!

steepNdeep
12-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I'd probably talk to the guide and see what kind of guy he was. If he was was a decent guy I'd bullshit with him and wish him luck as I went to tag that boar.

If he was an a$$ I'd camp on that boar until I killed it and then send the all of the boys into the guide's honey holes... I'd ask the client why he would waste his money hunting with a guide on sh!tty public land that gets hammered by the locals. What goes around...

What did you do Jesse?

sawmill
12-13-2009, 06:30 AM
Sitting a couple feet behind me?I`d get up,stretch and whip out my weenie and piss on their boots.WHOOPS!Sorry,never saw you there,you guys sure are sneaky!
Where do you come up with this shit?

dana
12-13-2009, 10:01 AM
I can tell ya we are very spoiled here in BC. Our neighbors to the south litterly have footraces up the mountain all the time. This situation could easily include several tag holders and several outfitters all after the same animal. If a big buck, big bull or what have ya is located by one hunter, he would be naive to think he is the only one to be sitting on it.

Just because one hunter got to a glassing spot first, doesn't mean he gets to lay claim to the entire mountain. I've had this happen to me with resident hunters before. Actually have had guys more concerned about the moves dana was making that they themselves weren't thinking about the moves the deer were making. The epic failure is to get caught up in the emotions because it takes your head out of the game. Loose focus, and you might as well go home because the animal wins. Remain focused, hunt smarter and harder than the other hunters and use them to your advantage, you will see success.

Ambush
12-13-2009, 03:15 PM
I`d get up,stretch and whip out my weenie and piss on their boots

It's deep winter and cold. What if your weenie contacts his frozen barrel and sticks!!!??? That would make your uncle laugh.

Do you take his rifle home or does he have a cover to keep the snow out? Just rub it to cover more of the barrel.:tongue:

bridger
12-13-2009, 10:30 PM
here is another perspective what if an outfitter and his client were sitting watching a slide and you and your buddy came up and sat behind them. what do you think the outfitters reaction would be?