PDA

View Full Version : the 7 O ranch

Darksith
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Does anyone have permission to hunt it? They used to give out passes, but its been sold so many times that I don't even know how to find the appropriate peeps to ask. Also do you know if its owned or just a grazing lease? They are logging it so I am sure its owned, but you never know. Craig used to be the guy to ask, but hes not in charge of it anymore.

KevinB
12-11-2009, 06:34 PM
It is pretty much all private land, there may be grazing leases tacked onto that as well. I think that all the 7-O land and the Corbould Ranch lands (mostly a bit farther up the valley, as far as I know) are now owned by a single outfit. I'm not certain if the owner lives on site year round. I would imagine that if you drove up PF Road and started knocking on likely-looking doors, that you'd find out who to talk to. I have no idea if they give permission to hunt. You might have better luck if you offer to hunt coyotes first and go from there.

Darksith
12-11-2009, 06:40 PM
thanks, I used to have permission years ago, but everything has changed as far as people involved and I didn't wanna be that guy, but now that deer season is over it might be the ideal time to knock and ask. I like your idea about the coyote hunting thing, although Im not big into shooting things I don't want to eat, but if it'd be worth it if it got my foot in the door for next season. TY

Derek_Erickson
12-11-2009, 07:28 PM
someone already hunts coyotes there, good luck

they only own the road that goes to the land atop

f350ps
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Does anyone have permission to hunt it? They used to give out passes, but its been sold so many times that I don't even know how to find the appropriate peeps to ask. Also do you know if its owned or just a grazing lease? They are logging it so I am sure its owned, but you never know. Craig used to be the guy to ask, but hes not in charge of it anymore.
George Winters 250-578-7717. Good luck! K

Darksith
12-11-2009, 11:12 PM
someone already hunts coyotes there, good luck

they only own the road that goes to the land atop

Thats not true. The truth is they own everything but the road. It is a public road so you can travel on it. Ive talked to the manager b4, and asked why they don't put a locked gate on the road and he said they weren't allowed. The natives use it to get to their territory all the time.

Darksith
12-11-2009, 11:13 PM
George Winters 250-578-7717. Good luck! K

thanks. Do you know if they give permission or am I just hoping to get lucky by making a good first impression. Should I bring a pie or something? lol

Derek_Erickson
12-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Hunted there for a long time friend, good luck getting permission phone joe bedard if you really wanna talk to someone

do some homework

Sea
03-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Seven O Ranch has been owned since 2006 by my Father. He has since acquired the Corbolt ( spelling? ) ranch as well. We respectfully request that people do not hunt on our ranch, unless specifically given permission. Should anything change, we will post on this site. Thank you for respecting our wish for quiet enjoyment of the property.

s0ylentgreen
03-11-2013, 02:10 PM
that last post made me sad...

hit me right in the feels...

Swamp mule
03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
I am sure that they may own the land but I am sure that they may have some range land or grazing lease. You might want to check that out as that is still public land.

Gateholio
03-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Wow thread from 2009!

M.Dean
03-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Seven O Ranch has been owned since 2006 by my Father. He has since acquired the Corbolt ( spelling? ) ranch as well. We respectfully request that people do not hunt on our ranch, unless specifically given permission. Should anything change, we will post on this site. Thank you for respecting our wish for quiet enjoyment of the property. With all due respect, when you ask that people do not hunt on Ranch property, are you referring to your guys deeded property only? I heard that the 7 0's took over the Loyd Creek Ranches leased land around Hyas Lake, can a person still hunt around there?

Jelvis
03-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Of course you can what's stopping you?

One Shot
03-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Go ahead and ask the owners directly any way, there is no harm in doing so. You will know directly from the owner as to what his position is. I have seen it in the past that the views from non working ranch family members are often different than that of the working ranch owners. As a former ranch owner I am not disrepecting the post by Sea but just saying that at times views are different between family members. If you ask, you may have something to gain if not you still have nothing. At least you will have a name and a number and they yours for further contact in the future.

bighornbob
03-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Go ahead and ask the owners directly any way, there is no harm in doing so. You will know directly from the owner as to what his position is. I have seen it in the past that the views from non working ranch family members are often different than that of the working ranch owners. As a former ranch owner I am not disrepecting the post by Sea but just saying that at times views are different between family members. If you ask, you may have something to gain if not you still have nothing. At least you will have a name and a number and they yours for further contact in the future.

And we are assuming that Sea is the owner. One has to think, first post and a generic name like Sea. For all we know Sea is a person that hunts there and wants no one else asking for permission.

If it was me, I would ask the owner directly, not follow what is said on public website.

BHB

Jelvis
03-11-2013, 11:26 PM
This ranch has the biggest mule bucks on it from Heffley Creek towards Kamloops and rides up against the Indian Band.
This ranch area down to the Hwy 5 by the sawmill has record class mule deer bucks.
Many have seen them in amazement. That's why it is such a question, can I hunt here holy cow man.
I personally saw a huge high racked mule deer buck south of Heffley creek just in the ranch land and it was huge.
As you drive north from Kammy on Hwy 5 Yellowhead look up across from the old provincial jail just b4 the mill, look to the right at the rocky ridge and tell me your mouth ain't watering.
Jel . Seven O can take a hike Lol, it is a beauty spot absolutely no doot a boot tit.

Steelwheels
03-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Did Mr. Sea just joined the site to post on this thread or mabe is a Alias... Mar 2013
Hmmm... Makes me wonder????

Jeff.... Is that you?

REMINGTON JIM
03-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Seven O Ranch has been owned since 2006 by my Father. He has since acquired the Corbolt ( spelling? ) ranch as well. We respectfully request that people do not hunt on our ranch, unless specifically given permission. Should anything change, we will post on this site. Thank you for respecting our wish for quiet enjoyment of the property.

WOW that didn't take long for a reply - only 3 + years ! WTF ! :) RJ

One Shot
03-12-2013, 10:34 AM

I too thought that this post was some what suspicious. I would think that any family member would know how to spell the family ranch name correctly or at least take the time to do so. Grazing lease indicates "Corbould" as the OP indicated.

Is it possible that Sea may be;

A hunter already hunting the ranch or attempting to do so?

A family member (I am thinking one that does not live on or have any thing to do directly with the ranch) or friend of the family who's views on hunting does not coincide with ours?

All I can suggest to the OP is go and ask, no harm done only some thing hopefully to gain.

Darksith - Let us know how you make out...........

Jelvis
03-12-2013, 12:45 PM
That awesome property of Seven O is big and wild, perfect mule deer range, some big whitetails bouncin around too.
You've never seen a place like this only a few kilometres from Kammy Deer City.
I have heard stories about guys hiking near or on the property and scouting it out with optics and these guys are now lone wolves keeping to themselves telling nothing anymore with focused eyes and their minds in full gear about sneeking in.
Oh thank heaven for 7/11 but your into the Seven OH MY GAD! Pull the trigger.
No fences on top of the property way up and some hunters came down without knowing and now had to drag those antlers back up with the deboned. Dint know which way was closed or open all looked the same early marnin. No fence No signs
Jel .. Just sayin Dah Plane Boss Dah Plane!

M.Dean
03-12-2013, 02:11 PM
More than likely the property the owners want Hunters to stay off is the Ranches deeded land. And, being they own the land, it doesn't matter how big the Mule Deer bucks are, if your caught hunting beyond the signs that say" Keep Out, No Hunting, Stay the Hell off our land etc, you could be charged! Now, as far as leased property go's, as long as we, the Hunters keep the gates closed when we find them closed, drive only on the roads that are there already and don't throw your beer cans out because you don't want to get caught with them in the truck by the CO's, a Hunter shouldn't have any problems with the lease holder! I hunt quite a bit with the owners and family of the Lloyd Creek Ranch, and nothing pee's them off more than some dip shit leaving the gates open! Some guys think because there going to be coming back on the same road they went in on it's OK to leave the gate open, "Were only going to be about a hour, what harm can that do?" is the main answer when there caught in the act! Well Tim, in that hour 2 to 3 or 50 Cows and Calves can go through the gate and into the bush, and now it's going to take a good day for the owners to find the dam things again! Then there's the Hunters that just love to show one and all how well there truck with the new 35 inch mudders can go up a slippery hill side, all the while digging the grass out by the roots and leaving one hell of a mess! Then there's the guys that come in from some back road or trail and drive miles and miles down hill until they hit a locked gate, so instead of turning around and going back the way they came in, one of the crew decides to blast the lock off with his shiny new rifle! I've seen this first hand, and it was so called "Hunters" that did it! We call them "Drunks"!!! Another thing is Don't Cut Live Tree's Down! On alot of Ranches now, the owners have "Wood Lots", these are area's that they look after and can harvest a certain amount of timber off it, so everytime some guy cuts live tree's and can't figger out why the camp fires not going to good, there taking money out of the land owners pocket! And lastly, a land owner can close and lock all the gates on his leased property if there's on going problems like the ones I've mentioned, so if you like to hunt leased lands like I do, help look after it, if you see some jack ass doing crap that's going to get the gates all locked up, stop and say something to them! Don't get yourself shot over it, just mention whats going to happen if the Rancher see's this mess or all the tree's cut down! Also, if you do happen to see a fence down, or any Cattle that look like there in distress or what ever, if possible, on your way out stop by the Ranch house and tell who ever's there, that helps put us hunters in a way better light to the Rancher! (I use the term"Hunters" doing the damage and leaving the mess because 9 times out or 10, around here anyways it is the guys that call them selves"Hunters", so sorry if this offends any hard working, honest, I'd never do that type of thing folks, we can safely call you guys "Good Hunters"!!!)

Jelvis
03-12-2013, 08:08 PM
MU 3-27 is what the Seven O is in, You can go in from Cold Creek off the Paul Lake road or go up off Hwy 5 Yellowhead going north out of Kammy about 13 k or so the end of the Indian Band boundary and on towards the 7 0h
Cut right ( East ) On the Seven O ranch road across from the old Provincial jail now ball fields and recreation spot.
Drive up the ranch road and it goes over into the Dome Hill down to Paul Lake road if you know your way.
If you want to see the boundary on the Heffley Creek side go up the Sun Peaks Road out of Heffley Creek go up and look right (South) and you will see the ranch fields across Heffley Creek.
Check out Silentpool Lake on your BC Map Book and over to Strawberry Hill. And the Palmer Forsyth road out of Rayliegh.
Strawberry Hill was burnt over in 2003. Whitetails and mule deer and major grouse. Some bear.
Jel .. It's a Rayliegh good spot ..

Swamp mule
03-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Land owners and wood lots. You are not only taking money out of the Licencee's (Not "Land Owners") pockets. Land owner's "do not" own public land. They have a licence to harvest the timber on crown land.

gcreek
03-14-2013, 06:06 AM
Land owners and wood lots. You are not only taking money out of the Licencee's (Not "Land Owners") pockets. Land owner's "do not" own public land. They have a licence to harvest the timber on crown land.

Aquiring and holding a woodlot involves having timber on one's deeded land. A lot of "hunters" can't or don't care what the difference is. Grazing leases, (not grazing licences/range permit) have nearly the same rules for landowners as deeded as they can be posted off limits to others. Regardless of size, I can't understand what some think is their "right" to use what belongs to ranchers for their own.

How many of you would allow another person or party to camp, party, shoot or just snoop around on your own property unannounced and without permission?

bighornbob
03-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Regardless of size, I can't understand what some think is their "right" to use what belongs to ranchers for their own.

Probably using the same rational that ranchers use when their cows shit and piss and basically destroy the riparian areas of small creeks throughout the land the rancher is "renting" from us the general public.

BHB

huntcoop
03-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Probably using the same rational that ranchers use when their cows shit and piss and basically destroy the riparian areas of small creeks throughout the land the rancher is "renting" from us the general public.

BHB

Here here, X2.

TexasWalker
03-14-2013, 06:25 PM

BHB

X10!!!

The destruction from these 'free' range cattle is disgusting.

Cattle do more damage to riparian areas than anything motorized.

Darksith
03-14-2013, 06:51 PM
I never did get permission to hunt the property, but I do recall contacting someone about it...was a long time ago. I do know for a fact that it is range lease, but that doesn't matter, its still considered to be private land is it not? I don't buy that Sea is in the family that owns the property, as it has changed hands since 06. I recall talking to someone who said they stopped managing the property and they couldn't help me. I also know that there are many locals that do hunt the area, and have heard a story of someone getting caught on the property and the CO and RCMP were called, neither of which wanted to be there and were grumpy because of it. They let the person walk. I do have permission to hunt the property beside the ranch, and there are a lot of white tails in there, and some huge mule deer, but the deer travel between the ranch and the KIB land, so I question how many big bucks last with the native land right there. Either way I decided it was simply too much work to get permission to hunt there, and there are lots of good spots around kamloops so...

gcreek
03-15-2013, 12:13 AM

BHB

If you are referring to the way some manage their range tenures it doesn't apply to me. I do agree that Crown Range is for all uses but I'm still unsure whether most that hunt know the difference of the terms Grazing Lease and Grazing Licence.

You were kind enough to answer this question, now answer the last one. Maybe I should have added that I wanted to have an outdoor latrine on your city lot and leave some garbage too.

Swamp mule
03-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Woodlots only involve a portion of deeded land while there is woodlots that do not have any deeded land but are located on crown land. Originally required deeded land when applying for woodlots but now there is just crown land. So crossing a wood lot is not nececssarily in trespass as long as you are on cown land.

Aquiring and holding a woodlot involves having timber on one's deeded land. A lot of "hunters" can't or don't care what the difference is. Grazing leases, (not grazing licences/range permit) have nearly the same rules for landowners as deeded as they can be posted off limits to others. Regardless of size, I can't understand what some think is their "right" to use what belongs to ranchers for their own.

How many of you would allow another person or party to camp, party, shoot or just snoop around on your own property unannounced and without permission?

Swamp mule
03-15-2013, 11:51 AM
A grazing licence is crown land that gives the rancher rights to the forage but is open for access to the general public.
A graziing lease is slightly difference due to a clause "Quiet enjoyment, tresspassing during and interfering with grazing activites" that is up for interpretation but has been challenged and the challenger has won. Grazing leases do not give the right to the rancher to keeep the public out and off crown land. It is based on what the lease is interepreted. If the cattle are off the range then the area is open for hunting possibilities or if they are on and as long as you do not bother the cattle operation actvities or conflicts then you should be allowed to access the area. However if there is a gate located on private land but the grazing lease is just a mere distance up the road then the rancher is in the right to block acess.

If you are referring to the way some manage their range tenures it doesn't apply to me. I do agree that Crown Range is for all uses but I'm still unsure whether most that hunt know the difference of the terms Grazing Lease and Grazing Licence.

You were kind enough to answer this question, now answer the last one. Maybe I should have added that I wanted to have an outdoor latrine on your city lot and leave some garbage too.

dino
03-15-2013, 01:42 PM
X10!!!

The destruction from these 'free' range cattle is disgusting.

Cattle do more damage to riparian areas than anything motorized.

I new there was going to be something else that we could agree on other than pu$$y.

gcreek
03-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Swamp Mule, you win 4 stars out of 5!

I wasn't aware that they had changed rules for woodlots as I haven't been interested in one for 20 years. Then, an applicant had to own a certain number of acres that were actually growing trees before being eligible.

Some Grazing Leases are different than others. Mine has 365 days/year use and was effectively posted by the former owner. I haven't bothered as tresspassing/ shooting amongst my cattle hasn't posed a problem.... yet.

As I've said before, most hunters are great to get along with. It's the other kind that makes it bad for everyone.

Jelvis
03-16-2013, 06:00 PM
The Seven O has the biggest mule deer bucks in all of BC if you could hunt the one big ridge looking down into the meadows.
Wide, thick mass and high. Over 200 pure muley typical buck racks have been witnessed by individuals driving out on Hwy 5 north of Kammy. One guy a deer and elk hunter for years in BC saw a buck crossing the Hwy 5 by the Seven O the two guys thought it was an elk rack and as they got closer, the biggest muley buck on earth crossing from the Seven O to the Mill side of the 5.
This guy he's hunted Alberta, BC and said I honestly thought it was a bull elk rack, people have seen so many deer up the 5 from Kammy to McClure. Crossing and beside.
Also the Sun Peaks road out of Heffley Creek, going up from the bottom you can see huge mule bucks at night through early morning crossing this winding paved road up in elevation all the way to the top. O Yah
Looky Louie says "Hi."